Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

The less said about Norwich's second goal the better!

Although that means I shouldn't even have said the above, so I'm definitely not going to post the video of it.

(Keeper caught a high ball toward goal and carried it backwards over the line, no pressure on him from the opposition. Can't remember the last time I saw someone do that! Not one Evans' highlight reel)

I was at the game it was throwing it down with rain and Evans took the ball correctly but didn’t cross the line with the ball just his feet. The YouTube clip doesn’t show the derby protests or the lack of appeals for a goal from Norwich. Definitely not his finest moment but the 5 saves he made to keep the team in the game definitely were… I personally feel we still lacked going forward and the lack of goals scored by the u21s are putting real pressure on what is a good back four. 

i think we just need to remember they are still learning at this age and let’s not write kids off before they fully develop. 

Tough night for the u18s tonight. The age groups for both these teams have always been close and going down to 10 was always going to be difficult but again, it’s a mistake and it happens in the academy so let’s not start be overly harsh.. 

40 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Tough night for the u18s tonight. The age groups for both these teams have always been close and going down to 10 was always going to be difficult but again, it’s a mistake and it happens in the academy so let’s not start be overly harsh.. 

Jack Thompson sent off for handling outside his area, apparently. Didn't see it so no idea how clear cut it was. 

Monday night against Forest will be tough as well as been a bout of illness in the u21s and a couple who would have started may well be out so will be a young side with some of the 18s who should / could have played today will be involved / bench then instead. 

7 hours ago, Shadowplay said:

Has anyone any idea which is our current strongest age group? I was told a while back we had a strong u14 group, but suspect these would have been poached during admin?

I was told our current U14s had something like an 85% win ratio last season which was the highest in all age groups. 

No players from these age groups had any players leave. 

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The preview article also confirms Evans has signed a pro until 24/25 season. Seems tying up academy players on deals again now….