Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Nice one mate. Don't see us moving for there until the end of the season now. Just wonder if we have the depth to challenge City.

Haaland gets injured? Never know.. Room for a third  yet

Well, I'm convinced.

Just noticed that they won a game and at Liverpool as well, always a good three points there - the promoted clubs gulf is showing already with only Everton trying to lose in the last few minutes of games to challenge the other three clubs 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just noticed that they won a game and at Liverpool as well, always a good three points there - the promoted clubs gulf is showing already with only Everton trying to lose in the last few minutes of games to challenge the other three clubs 

How’s that? Only Southampton in the bottom three as it stands. We’re only 4 games in, where do you expect Ipswich and Leicester to be? They’re doing a reasonable job of holding their own so far. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

3 wins from an open top bus tour, innit?

Should just about manage that before winter sets in.  Ain't nobody got time to sit up there in winter!

Think Soton make that this year?

Even with big Russell behind the wheel and their suicide ball, they should piss 11 points

45 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Even with big Russell behind the wheel and their suicide ball, they should piss 11 points

Every team should piss 11 points.

I suspect our record will remain longstanding!  I'm sure even we will be able to laugh it off, in decades to come!  

12 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I genuinely don't see our record being beaten RD, probably ever. All you need is a couple of streaky wins and you can limp past 11 points with the odd draw. Every year we see someone who looks like they might just somehow fail to get there but they always seem to snatch a win or two at some point. We were spectacularly unprepared for that season with a manager who was already causing friction and resentment with fans and board and the recruitment was abysmal. It all turned into one long, slow car crash and in truth was always likely to be.

Any club that potentially fails to reach 11 points is surely going to need a points deduction to get less than that these days. I just can't see any promoted team being that bad purely on footballing merit alone, not even Southampton.

It's been a strange record to have though and the attitudes of many fans might surprise a few outside of DCFC. Would I want rid of the record? Yeah, sure, of course I would, but perhaps not as desperately as you'd probably think - it doesn't eat us up. Most of us that sat through that utter s**** feel like we have some sort of weird badge of honour for putting up with it. I even managed to miss the one game that we won so hadn't seen us win a game for well over a year (15 months?) by the time we eventually won again, but we still went to the games in impressive numbers and the gallows humour was outstanding because it was all that we had. It was mindboggling to my Man Utd supporting mates that we endured that phase in such relative good humour.

I remember going on the pitch after the last home game (which we got battered in naturally) and watched some lads unfurl a big banner with something like 'Thank **** that's all over' on it. Summed it up perfectly, but we were all still there in big numbers for a sell out. Football fans eh ?... suckers for punishment.

What did you make of the accusations (from some Forest fans) that MoTD was biased against Forest after the weekend's game ? I didn't watch it so have no idea what was said.

It would take a vast amount of circumstances and bad decisions for anyone ever to get close to finishing a season on 11 points again.

Unless the PL decides point deductions are not enough and starts issuing punishment managers.

"In a shocking verdict Manchester city have been forced to have Paul Jewell as manager for 25 games. A premium league spokesperson said they have a pool of punishment managers ready to make their mark on the premium league. The depth of talent in punishment managers is exceptional in this country, although brad Bobbley has also said he'd be happy to coach soccerball in the UK again "

11 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

What did you make of the accusations (from some Forest fans) that MoTD was biased against Forest after the weekend's game ? I didn't watch it so have no idea what was said.

I imagine it would’ve been pretty biased towards if Jenas was still there.