Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

29 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c199vr0lw33o

The cave dwellers can’t help themselves. 

It is the latest sanction to be faced by the Midlands club relating to the fixture, which was marred by some ugly scenes at the final whistle.

I'm guessing they're just referring to photographs of the fanbase.

I don't normally care much for such things, but I've had a few things pop up on my social media timeline as there's one of those Youtuber charity matches going on right now, and there's a "mystery player" that's a current pro playing for one of the teams. I'm almost certain from his looks and running style that this is Djed Spence (remember him?).
GPFLwFAW0AEwdB3.jpg.54432a181da49ae38487375ef814ea3e.jpg

1 minute ago, Day said:

Given the 4pt deduction last time, I’d be more tempted to stick two fingers up again, puts them in an unfair selling position that all clubs will know about.

I might be getting this wrong, but wasn't the delayed sale of Brennan Johnson a mitigating factor in their point deduction? I imagine they'd be given some leniency again if clubs hold them to ransom this time. But still, hope they get taken to the cleaners.

6 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I might be getting this wrong, but wasn't the delayed sale of Brennan Johnson a mitigating factor in their point deduction? I imagine they'd be given some leniency again if clubs hold them to ransom this time. But still, hope they get taken to the cleaners.

Maybe so but surely starts to wear a bit thin given Johnson is going to be included in this one and they still need the £20m

17 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Maybe so but surely starts to wear a bit thin given Johnson is going to be included in this one and they still need the £20m

Imagine how much trouble they'd be in if they'd sold him when they should have. They'd have avoided the 'massive' 4 point deduction which didn't actually affect them, but would now be needing to sell players far in excess of what they have to at the moment.

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd have thought the opposite, they got it as a mitigation once, to do it again would suggest it's intentional and not a unique circumstance that means they would've complied otherwise.....

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'd have thought the opposite, they got it as a mitigation once, to do it again would suggest it's intentional and not a unique circumstance that means they would've complied otherwise.....

I think they'd have an argument if it was obvious a team held them to ransom, giving them a choice of accepting an offer far below a player's value or violating FFP. Not sure if there was any suggestion of being deliberately held to ransom last time. Premier League clubs certainly weren't as conscious of the consequences of breaking FFP rules at the time.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

They tried to use it as mitigation, but it wasn't accepted by the committee in their hearing. They got 2 points back for admitting the breach (though they then tried to mitigate away their punishment with the Johnson factor) and cooperating with the investigation. 

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

Imagine how much trouble they'd be in if they'd sold him when they should have. They'd have avoided the 'massive' 4 point deduction which didn't actually affect them, but would now be needing to sell players far in excess of what they have to at the moment.

No difference. As P&S is judged over a 3 year period (4 during Covid), the Johnson sale would be included in the currnet P&S period whether part of the 22/23 or 23/24 season.

The sale being included in the 23/24 season does help them in the 3 years to 2026 though.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No difference. As P&S is judged over a 3 year period (4 during Covid), the Johnson sale would be included in the currnet P&S period whether part of the 22/23 or 23/24 season.

The sale being included in the 23/24 season does help them in the 3 years to 2026 though.

I stand corrected.👍

I keep forgetting that the headline transfer fee is split over the length of the contract when it comes to purchases. As you've previously pointed out money 'raised' from sales is only counted against the 'book value' of a player. So, am I correct in thinking that if they were to sell an expensive flop for a loss on his 'book value', this would actually count against them from an FFP point of view, even though money would actually be coming into the club?