Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Leicester can’t catch you this weekend now?

Unless Leicester beat Liverpool or Newcastle, they are pretty much down.

Ah of course, you are right. It could look a lot tighter if either of those teams win though. 

If they both lose then perhaps I’ll feel more confident..

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest’s draw I think relegates Leicester. I don’t see Leicester getting anything out of Liverpool or Newcastle, while Everton should beat Bournemouth on the final day.

I thought 34 would be the magic number.

Forest are there. But they still aren’t safe. A defeat to Arsenal and Palace would relegate them on GD should Leeds beat either West Ham or Spurs.

It’s looking increasingly unlikely but Forest’s good point at Chelsea only harms Leicester. It hasn’t really made much difference with Leeds as they also got a point few were expecting.

I was thinking the same thing. Forest get an unexpected point, Leeds get an unexpected point. You never know, Leicester might even get one.

I was kind of hoping out of the 3 of them, that Leicester would survive. But they’re buggered. We’re hoping for Forest to lose and Leeds or Leicester to win on the last day. We’re still hoping for that. Although I’m now going to feel really dirty hoping for a Leeds win. I don’t mind Leicester so much. (that’s almost a backhand insult against them, their ‘rivalry’ means so little to me).

And if it all goes wrong, and Forest sneak into safety, we’ve always got second season syndrome to look forward to. Sheffield United nearly broke our record in their second season.

23 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Ah of course, you are right. It could look a lot tighter if either of those teams win though. 

Whatever happens, having Forest in the PL has made it far more interesting.

If Forest were still in the Championship, I can guarantee this thread would have less than 50 pages let alone 200+.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Forest were still in the Championship, I can guarantee this thread would have less than 50 pages let alone 200+.

I’m almost looking forward to another season of us winning most games, and them losing most games.

If they got promoted and we got promoted, it’d probably just be a season of mediocrity for both us. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can think of more things I'd prefer to be interested.  Filtering cat s*** for fur balls without gloves maybe or maybe volunteering to be a human dummy for police attack dog training.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I reckon you'll be ok, Dawny.

I'll settle for Fester and the Dirties going down this year. You lot can go down next season.

13 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

basically we did what forest did last year and spaff our way up through the play offs with a little lady luck..

I wasn’t being serious with my post, but we did only finish 2 points off automatic promotion that year!

we weren’t helped by the manager falling out with the board and the players arguing over promotion bonuses.  Jewel was also a terrible appointment. 

32 minutes ago, littleover ram said:

I wasn’t being serious with my post, but we did only finish 2 points off automatic promotion that year!

we weren’t helped by the manager falling out with the board and the players arguing over promotion bonuses.  Jewel was also a terrible appointment. 

Agree…. Didnt help that half the signings jewell made got crocked within 5 mins of being at the club… mills and stubbs stick in the mind

13 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m almost looking forward to another season of us winning most games, and them losing most games.

If they got promoted and we got promoted, it’d probably just be a season of mediocrity for both us. 

whatever way you paint that I am definitely not looking forward to another season of us in league one and them in the premier league thank you very much

4 minutes ago, alram said:

whatever way you paint that I am definitely not looking forward to another season of us in league one and them in the premier league thank you very much

I'm not so bothered about which league both teams are in as us being in the same league.

15 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

And if it all goes wrong, and Forest sneak into safety, we’ve always got second season syndrome to look forward to. Sheffield United nearly broke our record in their second season.

For a while it looked like they might but they still ended up on 23 points. The closest any team has got I think was Huddersfield in 2018/19, they only got 16 points. We were so bad though I don't think the record will ever be broken. 

Edited by Rammy03

47 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

For a while it looked like they might but they still ended up on 23 points. The closest any team has got I think was Huddersfield in 2018/19, they only got 16 points. We were so bad though I don't think the record will ever be broken. 

Forever is a long time to say nobody will ever beat it. We set a lot of records that year - some of which have now been taken by others. I'm sure a lower tally will be achieved eventually

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Forever is a long time to say nobody will ever beat it. We set a lot of records that year - some of which have now been taken by others. I'm sure a lower tally will be achieved eventually

Maybe but it'll take some doing that's for sure. 3 wins and a few draws and you're already past the 11 point mark

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Football will stop being a thing before a team finishes on 10 or less, excluding the possibility of massive financial penalties on some club some time.