Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

On 25/07/2024 at 08:39, Crewton said:

Like YOU ever provide sources for anything you post!

We have provided plenty of sources for what the lovely Marinikas gets up to but they are all “spam” , bet they would be posted up on here if they related to any Rams owners 😅

On 25/07/2024 at 08:39, Crewton said:

Like YOU ever provide sources for anything you post!

So that’s a no then? 

so almost certainly he isn’t cleared of all charges and actually probably did punch some women—and from what I’ve read, looks to be related to his habit of getting a little OTT with washing powder

I don’t want U-Jo ever to play for Forest again. 

I can only assume given the indignity posted in the last few threads on here, you’d want the same for ML.. 🤔

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

So that’s a no then? 

so almost certainly he isn’t cleared of all charges and actually probably did punch some women—and from what I’ve read, looks to be related to his habit of getting a little OTT with washing powder

I can only assume given the indignity posted in the last few threads on here, you’d want the same for ML.. 🤔

If you've read about legitimate evidence that hasn't appeared in press reports, you could break your duck and actually post the links here. While you're at it, maybe you could point out where "in the last few threads" I've called for your player to be banned before the case has gone to Court?

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

So that’s a no then? 

Innocent until proved that you're a money-launderer, match-fixer, drug dealer and bakery-burner, Dawny.

We are currently a million miles away from them player wise but that will only last until May when we can expect them to drop again unless they achieve a high of 8 league wins thanks to VAR helping them again on their 3 minute season highlights DVD 

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We are currently a million miles away from them player wise but that will only last until May when we can expect them to drop again unless they achieve a high of 8 league wins thanks to VAR helping them again on their 3 minute season highlights DVD 

Understatement of the century 🤣

12 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Pretty much the entire basis of the EFL's case against us was that you cannot, under any circumstances, value players (hence requiring straight-line amortization as the only way to account for them).  And here comes the Premier League insisting that you absolutely can now.

Not that it's going to happen of course, but it would be peak hilarity if Forest simultaneously screwed themselves and opened up some kind of line of recourse for us.

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Pretty much the entire basis of the EFL's case against us was that you cannot, under any circumstances, value players (hence requiring straight-line amortization as the only way to account for them).  And here comes the Premier League insisting that you absolutely can now.

Not that it's going to happen of course, but it would be peak hilarity if Forest simultaneously screwed themselves and opened up some kind of line of recourse for us.

There's a difference between a player's value changing and being sold for that new value, and applying amortisation in a non-linear manner.

I stand by my view that there wasn't much wrong with what we did - it just needed a systematic way of deciding how much to charge each season, taking into account contract length and age. The main argument against what we did was to do with an unfair advantage... a policy which any club could use, and one with a net zero impact over 3-5 years, therefore no advantage gained.

What the PL clubs have started doing (Forest being one of them) was predicted years ago. The rules should have been changed years ago, but the people deciding the rules are the ones who need to bend them to suit their needs when needed. What they've done isn't against any rules, so they shouldn't (and won't) be punsihed. I'll be surprised if the rules aren't changed by next season though.

53 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's a difference between a player's value changing and being sold for that new value, and applying amortisation in a non-linear manner.

I stand by my view that there wasn't much wrong with what we did - it just needed a systematic way of deciding how much to charge each season, taking into account contract length and age. The main argument against what we did was to do with an unfair advantage... a policy which any club could use, and one with a net zero impact over 3-5 years, therefore no advantage gained.

What the PL clubs have started doing (Forest being one of them) was predicted years ago. The rules should have been changed years ago, but the people deciding the rules are the ones who need to bend them to suit their needs when needed. What they've done isn't against any rules, so they shouldn't (and won't) be punsihed. I'll be surprised if the rules aren't changed by next season though.

Our argument for why we were applying non-linear amortization was that the accounting rules required us to account for all benefits derived from players, both from playing for us and by potentially being sold on for a profit.  That second part required us to approximate the potential resale value of players to account for it.

The EFL's counter argument was that it's impossible to apply a value to a player (for accounting purposes) until someone actually bids for them and you have a concrete value to use.  So you can only account for benefits derived from playing for the club.  The Prem are now saying the complete opposite, and they want to start deciding what appropriate values for players are, even when clubs actually bid for them, in case they think clubs are overcharging for them.  

The thing is, I don't see how you fix it without completing changing the way FFP (or whatever it's called now) works.  Are clubs going to have to run every single transfer by the relevant governing body to determine exactly what an appropriate transfer fee is, for their accounts?  Or are they just going to start "revaluing" transfers when the accounts are submitted, and clubs will have no idea if they are going to pass or not.  It will be chaos either way.

On 26/07/2024 at 18:34, Crewton said:

If you've read about legitimate evidence that hasn't appeared in press reports, you could break your duck and actually post the links here. While you're at it, maybe you could point out where "in the last few threads" I've called for your player to be banned before the case has gone to Court?

9d3f071c302193331070d6b28ce833ed.gif.feec40f1fd2c7c2e95557ca56e106fb4.gif

• 3 weeks later...