Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

3 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Well worth it though for the value they got out of Jesse Lingard. And Shelvey. And Dennis, you know, the one with the shoes. And the one who did a little dance. And the ones who play for Olympiakos now, which is fine, absolutely fine. And the rest. I’m sure we could probably name them all but we might not have time. 

What happened to O'Brien for 12 million. I assume Marinakis is using him as a beanbag.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Forest Twitter in complete denial!!! 🤣🤣🤣Just as we were!!! 

Karma’s a bitch!

Good news is they've invested heavily over the last 2 yrs to get Cat 1 status. If it goes Pete Tong, they'll bring the wonderkids in .  Oh actually...https://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures/results/2023/12/23/nottingham-forest-v-u18

16 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Well worth it though for the value they got out of Jesse Lingard. And Shelvey. And Dennis, you know, the one with the shoes. And the one who did a little dance. And the ones who play for Olympiakos now, which is fine, absolutely fine. And the rest. I’m sure we could probably name them all but we might not have time. 

Might not have time .....or even be bothered to , what goes round comes back to bite yer bum !! 😜 

19 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I blame Harry Arter. That 40k in weekly wages is gonna cost us big time.. 

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

I blame Harry Arter. That 40k in weekly wages is gonna cost us big time.. 

Zerious question Dawny, how worried are you really about potential FFP breach and points deduction etc..?

20 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

Zerious question Dawny, how worried are you really about potential FFP breach and points deduction etc..?

I honestly don’t know. It seems our defence is that we made more money for Johnson by selling in August, rather than the peanuts Brentford offered us in June. So it made financial sense to sell then. 

I would imagine that if we are found guilty, it won’t be on the same lines as the punishment fished out to a Everton, but we’ll see! Obviously we’ve been treading a fine line so this is pretty unsurprising. 

41 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I honestly don’t know. It seems our defence is that we made more money for Johnson by selling in August, rather than the peanuts Brentford offered us in June. So it made financial sense to sell then. 

I would imagine that if we are found guilty, it won’t be on the same lines as the punishment fished out to a Everton, but we’ll see! Obviously we’ve been treading a fine line so this is pretty unsurprising. 

It's such a worry.

Grin.gif.1d8f21ab6e9d585446a57a14ba1faf2b.gif

54 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Well we didn’t actually break any rules and we got a 9 point deduction.

We did, like yourselves try to adjust our figures to suit our situation.

9 point deduction sounds about right.

I just think it’s a f****** disgrace that Forest were “just” compliant for their championship 3 year period due to a Covid adjustment of £12m, yet we weren’t allowed    a Covid adjustment. They weren’t the only club so not a Forest dig per se, but just more proof Derby were stitched up.

14 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Well we didn’t actually break any rules and we got a 9 point deduction.

We did, like yourselves try to adjust our figures to suit our situation.

9 point deduction sounds about right.

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

oh gawwwwwd we’re still here?! 

Perhaps the authorities could get inventive with forest:

Every game forest win at the city ground results in a 3 point deduction.

Every game forest win away results in a 3 point deduction and 3 points awarded to the home team to help them overcome the disappointment of losing to forest.

1 point deducted for each player seen with a forest crest on their shirt.

1 point deduction for each incident of failing to lose a match.

I think innovation in persecuting football clubs has really dropped off over the last year or two and they need to up their game.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh come on mate.  You're better than that!

After what we went through, I wouldn't wish this on my own worszzzzzz...

Our problems were far greater than merely breaking FFP and getting a points deduction. I agree, I wouldn't want fans of any club (perhaps even Leeds) to go through the threat of being wound up.

But mere points deductions for breaking the rules, that's fair enough, I can live with that happening.

Though to be honest, I think the whole financing of football needs restructuring, new regulations and new policing.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I hope your expensive lawyer can come up with a better excuse than “we don’t know how calendars work”

37 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I hope your expensive lawyer can come up with a better excuse than “we don’t know how calendars work”

Same one that us and Sheffield Wednesday used, so hopefully third time isn't the charm.