Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm right, he pails in consideration to Wayne Rooney, Derby legend for getting you relegated to the third tier (and almost out of football altogether.)

Freedom of the city anyone? 

quiet tim and eric GIF

Ah the come back, The EFL relegated us not Rooney, The EFL had it in for us with Leeds and Villa when we went against the EFLs new Sky deal, They despised us for it, Villa/Leeds got promotion, Morris fiddled while Derby burnt, The EFL cooked up a scheme where we couldn't get a Covid loan, Then went on to support Middlesboro and Wycombe who both wanted payments, Quantuma who were supposed to look after our interests...Then agreed not to appeal our points deduction if the EFL drew a line under out punishment.

As Jimmy Cricket would say...come here there's more...much more, But you hang onto the fairy story you think what happened, And we'll tell you what really happened.

Cooper...Legend _YaxWd.gif  

59 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I love the banter as much as anyone, and if there's any pisster be taken, I'll happily jump the queue... but give them and him credit.

In this day and age, getting up there is difficult to say the least, staying there is a massive achievement, and for whatever reasons (3 or more worse teams etc) and whoever finishes the job, staying up a second time is nigh on fantasy land.

OK... yeah... he's pug-ugly... they have extra digits... and pink seats... and inter-relational activities etc, etc... but on this particular topic, I'd rather keep schtum.  As "bad" as things are for them at present, they're well in the lead in the current stage of the A52 Rally! 

I'd do something very unhealthy with my right arm to be in the position they are in right now.

Now, pass me a bucket...

giphy.gif

It’s a myth that it’s bad for your eyesight mucker, anyway must dash I’ve got an appointment at specsavers 

35 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

Grudgingly taking my Rams hat off for a moment, I think in many ways this for me illustrates what is wrong in the power balance with players vs managers/coaches these days. That was by any reckoning a pretty shambolic effort and for that 90 minutes alone they should hang their heads in shame, but how often do we see the old 'dead man walking' scenario for a manager because the precious players have thrown the toys out of the pram because maybe they were asked to play an unfamiliar role or implement a tactic which isn't like what they used to do at <insert random club name here>

Many of that lot last night should just be bloody grateful that they are plying their trade in the top flight of English football, but even so, they have shown that they can make a better fist of it than last nights absolute s*** show against bang-average lower mid-table Fulham. For the likes of Forest, a drubbing or two in the PL is in inevitability because that is the nature of the power imbalance, but that was pure spinelessness. The manager's fate will be sealed by their actions (or lack of actions) though. I await the inevitable bounce when a new manager is dropped in and the players suddenly (briefly) remember how to play football again while at the same time texting their agent to see if they can shake out something more lucrative elsewhere.

I couldn't agree more. It's genuinely sad and no different to any football club. They certainly have too much power. Paid huge sums of money for putting in a fraction of the effort they should/can. 

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair to Rooney - the team earned enough points to have avoided relegation without points deducted, so it was the points deduction that relegated us.

The culpable person however is Mel Morris without a shadow of a doubt.

But you would have been relegated the year before if it wasn't for Sheff Wednesday getting a points deduction. 

You should have got it in 20/21 really. So really you got away with it a year longer than you should. 

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Getting a team marooned to the bottom of the championship, 1 point in 7, to the playoff (and almost top 2) has never been achieved before. No-one has even come close.

Obviously the playoffs are a lottery, but again, getting a side who've historically been bottlers in that competition to win? First Forest manager in 23 years to return us to the top flight. 

And then to get that ramshackle side to stay in the league, with all the ridiculous numbers of signings and media circus that followed, again a miracle job.

You lot might downplay it, naturally, but he worked an absolute miracle getting us up and keeping us there. He'll get another great job after us, no doubt. 

2006/07 Sunderland might have something to say about that!

1 hour ago, Alty_Ram said:

Grudgingly taking my Rams hat off for a moment, I think in many ways this for me illustrates what is wrong in the power balance with players vs managers/coaches these days. That was by any reckoning a pretty shambolic effort and for that 90 minutes alone they should hang their heads in shame, but how often do we see the old 'dead man walking' scenario for a manager because the precious players have thrown the toys out of the pram because maybe they were asked to play an unfamiliar role or implement a tactic which isn't like what they used to do at <insert random club name here>

Many of that lot last night should just be bloody grateful that they are plying their trade in the top flight of English football, but even so, they have shown that they can make a better fist of it than last nights absolute s*** show against bang-average lower mid-table Fulham. For the likes of Forest, a drubbing or two in the PL is in inevitability because that is the nature of the power imbalance, but that was pure spinelessness. The manager's fate will be sealed by their actions (or lack of actions) though. I await the inevitable bounce when a new manager is dropped in and the players suddenly (briefly) remember how to play football again while at the same time texting their agent to see if they can shake out something more lucrative elsewhere.

Six of them could be off to the African cup of nations soon so they won’t be busting a gut.

I'm right, he pails in consideration to Wayne Rooney, Derby legend for getting you relegated to the third tier (and almost out of football altogether.)

Freedom of the city anyone? 

quiet tim and eric GIF

At least our players ( and fans) gave everything for Rooney and the club right to the end.

2 hours ago, 61GT said:

Have to say I'm an admirer of Steve Cooper and I wish we'd had him at Derby.

Still think he's good enough to keep Forest up but maybe he's achieved all he can there, promotion and year 1 survival.

If given the sack, he won't be unemployed for long.

We’ll have him in soon enough, if not now later. 

4 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Fluking the playoff final, Spunking 100s of millions of £s on sh!t, Winning 1 game in 11, Sitting on the edge of relegation, Playing shyte football and now telling his friends he's expecting the sack.

Some Fecking legend  tenor.gif?itemid=14171922

I would not be at all surprised if their playoff final win eventually emerges as no fluke. Or maybe we'll never know. But given the owner's alleged record, and the extraordinary riches at stake, to deny Huddersfield not one but two stonewall penalties, with VAR in operation, did appear somewhat suspicious. Or maybe it was simply a fluke? 

Cooper has done a great job at Forest but he is at his limit. 

There is little evidence to suggest he can go any further. We have seen with the likes of Chris Wilder, Nigel Pearson and Paul Lambert that it can just click at one club, but they can’t replicate it elsewhere.

Palace would be absolutely mad to go for him based on his limitations.

Tony Pulis has a better record.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Getting a team marooned to the bottom of the championship, 1 point in 7, to the playoff (and almost top 2) has never been achieved before. No-one has even come close.

Obviously the playoffs are a lottery, but again, getting a side who've historically been bottlers in that competition to win? First Forest manager in 23 years to return us to the top flight. 

And then to get that ramshackle side to stay in the league, with all the ridiculous numbers of signings and media circus that followed, again a miracle job.

You lot might downplay it, naturally, but he worked an absolute miracle getting us up and keeping us there. He'll get another great job after us, no doubt. 

Pains me to say it, considering where you were when he took over he’s done a superb job.  Like you with us, we’ll only see the bits of what goes on and you’ll know a lot more but I suspect he has to put up with a lot of shenanigans and interference from within.  And it does seem like he really cares about the club and for that you should stick with him.

Now I feel dirty and need a shower 😂.

But you would have been relegated the year before if it wasn't for Sheff Wednesday getting a points deduction. 

Don't knock it youth, just pray that Everton don't win their appeal.

And thank the EFL for not introducing points deductions for FFP breaches sooner.