Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

13 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Your former owner paid his taxes yet? 

Thought not. 

If you or I did what your owner got upto we'd end up in prison. 

What nonsnense. Mel, the p****, put one of his limited companies into administration. The outstanding debts were all dealt with by by the administrators under business law. Any of us could put our limited companies into administration for any outstanding debts to be resolved in this way. I don't aprove of how Mel conducted himself, but to suggest there is anything imprisonable about it is quite wrong. If you have a problem with this perhaps you should approach your MP about changing the insolvency laws?

What do you think of Ken Bates who managed to put Leeds into admin, pay the creditors, including HMRC, 8%, and bought back Leeds from the admin debt free? I almost wish Mel had pulled the same trick to see the resulting treetard hysteria, apart from the EFL wouldn't have taked their foot off our neck whist Mel was in charge. 

12 hours ago, REDCAR said:

Amusing…. 😂….. 😐

Dawny, I “love” you bro, but come on… you can’t really say much considering your accountant wrote a cheque to spunk £20m on Dennis.

Fair play.. Although he wasn't the worst signing. 

He'll do well at Leeds!

On 19/07/2023 at 10:17, Bob The Badger said:

Two quotes for you Red_Yawn

The biggest mistake I  ever made was leaving Derby County.

Derby is a real football town.

Can you guess who said them?

I'll give you a clue; he continued to live in Derby even when he worked in Nottingham.

Add "happiest time of my managerial career was here" -- said while still Forest manager, watching Derby play Spurs at the Baseball Ground!

Oh, and "I'm a Derby man!" said during a 1991 interview.

Edited by sawley_ram

11 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

What nonsnense. Mel, the p****, put one of his limited companies into administration. The outstanding debts were all dealt with by by the administrators under business law. Any of us could put our limited companies into administration for any outstanding debts to be resolved in this way. I don't aprove of how Mel conducted himself, but to suggest there is anything imprisonable about it is quite wrong. If you have a problem with this perhaps you should approach your MP about changing the insolvency laws?

What do you think of Ken Bates who managed to put Leeds into admin, pay the creditors, including HMRC, 8%, and bought back Leeds from the admin debt free? I almost wish Mel had pulled the same trick to see the resulting treetard hysteria, apart from the EFL wouldn't have taked their foot off our neck whist Mel was in charge. 

didnt mel spend the tax from the employees PAYE to buy players? 

you are right he didnt break any laws but there should be laws preventing it in the first place, he misallocated money that the employees paid in tax and made the club unable to pay the tax bill

how anyone can defend that man is beyond me

Edited by alram

6 hours ago, MarsdenRam said:

https://wetalkpremierleague.com/2023/07/premier-league-fair-play-index/

"Nottingham Forest’s wages to revenue score was 197. This means for every pound the club earned, nearly two pounds was being spent on players’ wages. This points to a situation where Forest appears to be technically insolvent"

Oh No Gameshow GIF by youngest media

It will be interesting to see what their wage bill was for this past season when the accounts are out - £58.5m for their 21/22 season. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see it within the £130-150m region. 

6 hours ago, alram said:

you are right he didnt break any laws but there should be laws preventing it in the first place,

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. It’s not Mel’s job to rewrite the law. Morally wrong but not legally wrong. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. It’s not Mel’s job to rewrite the law. Morally wrong but not legally wrong. 

its only not legally wrong because the people that write the laws are often the ones with interests that protect them in businesses

its completely wrong on every level, to put the club he "loves" at risk like he did was unforgivable

Edited by alram

12 minutes ago, alram said:

its only not legally wrong because the people that write the laws are often the ones with interests that protect them in businesses

its completely wrong on every level, to put the club he "loves" at risk like he did was unforgivable

I agree completely. If I was to get all philosophical about it, we should be able to exist without any laws, and our own sense of morality should stop us from killing each other and stealing from each other.

But unfortunately society doesn’t work like that, and as long as their are loopholes in the law, people will exploit them. And if we know nothing else about Mel, we know he was always one to try to exploit a loophole. To this day, he didn’t technically do anything against the rules, he just made the EFL look silly so the retrospectively changed the rules. He pushed them too far, and they decided to make an example of him.

absolutely he shouldn’t have pushed it that far, shouldn’t have taken that risk, and shouldn’t have tried to be a clever bugger. And then he shouldn’t have pushed the admin button and left us in the s*** without an escape plan. That was the really unforgivable act. 

but those that make the rules, either the EFL through stupidity, or the government through greed and self interest, need to take the bulk of the blame for allowing it in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, alram said:

Better than being an alleged drug smuggler , match fixer and bakery burner 

22 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No

what did he spend then? our tax bill remained unpaid and we racked up a tax bill about 3x higher than everyone else. the only explanation was he used that money to run the club when it should have been put aside for the tax man

1 minute ago, alram said:

what did he spend then? our tax bill remained unpaid and we racked up a tax bill about 3x higher than everyone else. the only explanation was he used that money to run the club when it should have been put aside for the tax man

Well based on the fact that our players were being paid for instalments, and they were also outstanding when we went into administration, he wasnt spending it on players.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well based on the fact that our players were being paid for instalments, and they were also outstanding when we went into administration, he wasnt spending it on players.

spending it on players, spending it to run the club, spending it on breakfast - bottom line is it wasnt set aside to pay the tax bill it was used so HE didnt have to put his hand in his pocket and spend HIS money.

once you start spending money that isnt yours you know exactly what you are doing as an owner of a club, the only long term saviour from what he was doing would have been promotion, he would have known this and it was a borderline criminal what he did. how stubborn do you have to be to defend the man even after everything that panned out

Edited by alram