Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

On 03/02/2023 at 13:00, TuffLuff said:

This made me think back to the Hughes, Bennett, Hendrick era when looking back they were all players who were quite regimented in a style and position before they were even ready for professional football.

I get the point, but those are bad examples. Bennett played across the front 3/4 positions. Hughes made his first few apps for the first team as a wide mid, and Hendrick was capable of playing anywhere in the central mid positions and was suited to a wide right position too.

Forest are good at producing well rounded players (think Yates), rather than players who excel at only a couple of things. This means there are a greater number of clubs who can fit that player in to their team, increasing demand and price.

On 03/02/2023 at 13:00, TuffLuff said:

Hughes should have been worth a lot more than Burke, but my guess is Burke had a more rounded education at that time.

With Hughes, the problem was that he didn't score or assist enough to be worth mega money. 

Edited by Ghost of Clough

It has been a common theme for Forest this season.

They beat West Ham, Palace and Liverpool all 1-0 and were outplayed in each game, with the opposition squandering numerous chances including a penalty in two of those games.

They had the lucky last-minute draw against Brentford. Survived an onslaught against Brighton.

And now they are beating Leeds here despite being a distant second best.

No doubt they are punching way above their weight right now. I think they have only been the better team in about 3 matches all season, yet a win here and they'll be closer to Liverpool (top half) than the bottom three.

Playing counter attacking football (occasionally) at home is rather boring but it’s all about results in that league so a good 3 points despite being inferior to leeds in many ways - I can’t see leeds getting relegated so it’s going to be interesting to see who snatches that third spot 

Edited by Sparkle

There is still a long way to go, but I can’t remember the last time a team got relegated after being in Forest’s position now. Blackpool maybe?

The omens are good. 

Cooper deserves a lot of credit for the switch to the back four. They went from laughably having the worst defence in the league to a team who isn’t conceding many goals at all.

They’re very reminiscent of Burnley in years gone by. Regularly outplayed but barely conceding, picking up regular points.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

There is still a long way to go, but I can’t remember the last time a team got relegated after being in Forest’s position now. Blackpool maybe?

The omens are good. 

Cooper deserves a lot of credit for the switch to the back four. They went from laughably having the worst defence in the league to a team who isn’t conceding many goals at all.

They’re very reminiscent of Burnley in years gone by. Regularly outplayed but barely conceding, picking up regular points.

Because he shuts up shop now. Did it at half time today, went to a back 5 and Leeds didn’t create a chance after that. 

Forest reminding me of the Jim Smith side in 00/01 season that somehow got 43 points by winning 1-0 every week and being battered. Poom was unbelievable and we had Taribo Riggott and Carbonari. Think we didn’t win a game until the 12th or 13th fixture as well, not many have stayed up from that position. 

We got relegated the following season!! 

FWIW, I still think Forest will go down, they needed that win today, beat Everton they have a real chance but it will go to the last game. Looking at their fixtures they’re getting maximum 2 wins between now and the end of the season (unless their lucky smash and grab 1-0s and keep going). Think it’s between Forest Leeds and Everton to go down with Bournemouth and Southampton.

At home Forest still have to play City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Newcastle, Brighton, Wolves, Everton and Southampton. 

They may get 10 points from that lot.

Away from home they still need a couple of decent results and they have already played the bottom 3 away.

It could go down to the wire. Those games at Leeds and at home to Everton will be huge.