Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Cooper is getting a tune out of Forest. Got to give him credit.

Cooper would easily have Everton or West Ham safe from any danger.

Pains to admit it, but he’s a decent manager and certainly not among the three worst in the PL.

What is also interesting is Forest have become a lot more stable defensively after ditching the back three formation to a back four.

They aren’t conceding many goals at all and that is what is earning them results.

Fair play to them, a semi final and looking to spend another £100m this window to try and stay up. You can’t fault them for going for it. 

Can’t lie, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth when they’re spending the best part of a quarter of a billion in one season and we can’t even offer loan fees. I guess that’s football, whether you beat Man City or Morecambe, you still celebrate the wins and moan about the losses.

Its a funny old game.

43 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Fair play to them, a semi final and looking to spend another £100m this window to try and stay up. You can’t fault them for going for it. 

Can’t lie, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth when they’re spending the best part of a quarter of a billion in one season and we can’t even offer loan fees. I guess that’s football, whether you beat Man City or Morecambe, you still celebrate the wins and moan about the losses.

Its a funny old game.

I'm not sure they are celebrating the win.  Had two texts from Forest fans tonight reckon they have no chance as it's Man Utd and they can't play their goalie.  They're more miserable than if they'd lost .  Not really getting it.

I did advise that Derby only lost 4-3 on aggregate in their 09 semi against a Man Utd under Fergie, who were miles better and we had a Paul Jewell squad, no manager and a bottom half team in the championship.  Should still have beat them 3-0 here.  Made no difference.  It's all over apparently.  To be fair they are used to playing piss easy teams like Oldham and Luton in this cup so must have been a shock to miss Southampton.  

On 12/11/2022 at 22:54, David said:

Still don’t think that’s really his fault, the delay was all coming to an agreement with Sarri, completely out of his control.

Realistically, what could he do?

If he said look, yes I want the Chelsea job, I’ll take it if offered and Chelsea had a change of mind and went elsewhere, there is no going back to Derby after that. Fans would not tolerate it.

If he said he wasn’t interested, then still left he would be called a liar, be hated in Derby.

He could have said to Chelsea, look, if you want me, let’s just do this now or I’m not coming, that would be a dangerous game of chicken with a club he loves and wanted the job.

Then you look at the birthday party, away from work he will have friends and family, they will know the score, no way was he going to turn it down. In a private setting, was he meant to stand up and say look, I’m the Derby manager, don’t be disrespectful, or just laugh it off.

That video should never have made its way online for all to see. Again, not his fault, unless he encouraged it to get Chelsea moving. Without proof of that, it’s difficult to find him guilty of any wrong doing.

To this day he still speaks well of the club, I really don’t get any dislike for him, fine not to wish him well and look out for how he’s doing, but to actively dislike him still to this day is just a bit weird. In my opinion anyway.

Unpopular opinion, start Marriott at Wembley, we would have still lost.

I dont get it either, played some decent stuff at times and Man U away and Leeds away will live long in the memory of rams fans

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Same cup 10'000 at it.  They like to ignore this fact as they ramble on about empty seats against Barnsley.  This game last season was like us V west ham.  We'll see the difference I feel.

We get as many fans for League one games as they do for premier League

9 minutes ago, sawley_ram said:

And they forgot their consistently poor support when they were in League One. The whole time they were in L! saw an average of 19k at home games -- some games saw crowds of 15k.... 15k for a league game at a supposedly 'massive' club. 

In their first season in L1, 2005/06, their lowest league attendance was 16,237 against Barnsley and they had 12 other home games where the attendance was below 20,000. Last season we had THREE. This season NIL.

They really ought to stop embarrassing themselves.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

In their first season in L1, 2005/06, their lowest league attendance was 16,237 against Barnsley and they had 12 other home games where the attendance was below 20,000. Last season we had THREE. This season NIL.

They really ought to stop embarrassing themselves.

I wouldn't even bring it up, but the gumps I work with are gloating after their 0-1 win over Southampton and their pummeling of Wolves after penalties. They're quick to tell me "you sheep are only getting 25k at home, where's your support", conveniently forgetting their average at L1 peaked at 19k. 

Even during our fantastically poor 07/08 season we never got less than 30k at home. 

Those figures aren't history, they're comparisons of how two clubs' fans react!

18 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Cooper is getting a tune out of Forest. Got to give him credit.

Cooper would easily have Everton or West Ham safe from any danger.

Pains to admit it, but he’s a decent manager and certainly not among the three worst in the PL.

What is also interesting is Forest have become a lot more stable defensively after ditching the back three formation to a back four.

They aren’t conceding many goals at all and that is what is earning them results.

its all a bit grim at the minute, especially considering just over a year ago we were pretty much on an even par with them even with a points deduction

semi final and look like they are going to survive. they are lucky b*******, cant wait for cooper to leave for a bigger club. can't see them dropping until he does as much as it pains me to say.

Edited by alram

3 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

I wouldn't even bring it up, but the gumps I work with are gloating after their 0-1 win over Southampton and their pummeling of Wolves after penalties. They're quick to tell me "you sheep are only getting 25k at home, where's your support", conveniently forgetting their average at L1 peaked at 19k. 

Even during our fantastically poor 07/08 season we never got less than 30k at home. 

Those figures aren't history, they're comparisons of how two clubs' fans react!

Our average attendance in the league is just under 27,000.

32 minutes ago, alram said:

semi final and look like they are going to survive.

They are only 2 points above the bottom 3, 5 off Southampton at the bottom.

They've had a couple of decent results, yet wouldn't say they are look like they are going to survive.

With a -21 GD they could easily find themselves back down there after they play Leicester.