Worst case scenario

jimbobram

Hypothetically speaking, the club goes bust and Derby County no longer exists...what actually happens when restarting?

- How does a new owner take over us (whatever name we become)?

- What division would said club start in?

- where would we play should PP not be feasible? 

We have a big fan base which surely the lower leagues wouldn't be able to cope with away from home

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

Hypothetically speaking, the club goes bust and Derby County no longer exists...what actually happens when restarting?

We have a big fan base which surely the lower leagues wouldn't be able to cope with away from home

Dont even think or say that mate

Not too soon at all. It's two weeks before the League One fixtures are due to be out. The EFL need to be sure we can actually complete the season before scheduling them. Things are going to need to happen at record speed if we're going to survive. I still think we probably will but it's not far off 50:50 at this point. We need to accept that liquidation is a realistic possibility. The question asked by Jimbobob are entirely legitimate at this point. Personally I'd like to know the answers - it would make it easier to deal with the possibility that it might happen!

Edited by Red Ram

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

When Rangers went out of existence the new club was named “The Rangers FC”.

I would like to think we could go one better and call ourselves “The one and only Derby County FC.”

38 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Not too soon at all. It's two weeks before the League One fixtures are due to be out. The EFL need to be sure we can actually complete the season before scheduling them. Things are going to need to happen at record speed if we're going to survive. I still think we probably will but it's not far off 50:50 at this point. We need to accept that liquidation is a realistic possibility. The question asked by Jimbobob are entirely legitimate at this point. Personally I'd like to know the answers - it would make it easier to deal with the possibility that it might happen!

Well listening to radio derby last night only about 1 percent chance hobbile L word.

As many have eluded to, a good portion would be done with football altogether. I feel that any start up could be divisive so you would end up with in-fighting from day one. It would be great to see everyone stick together and go in the same direction but ultimately I don’t think it’s feasible.

I’ve already promised my mrs’ little brother that if I’m not going to Derby games next season then I will go to City games with him after his dad passed.

I guess we will find out soon enough. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

As many have eluded to, a good portion would be done with football altogether. I feel that any start up could be divisive so you would end up with in-fighting from day one. It would be great to see everyone stick together and go in the same direction but ultimately I don’t think it’s feasible.

I’ve already promised my mrs’ little brother that if I’m not going to Derby games next season then I will go to City games with him after his dad passed.

I wont go to any games ever ever again if derby no longer here unless afc derby county.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well listening to radio derby last night only about 1 percent chance hobbile L word.

I was surprised by how confident Kieran Maquire was but he certainly knows his stuff so let's hope he's right B4?

No matter what, as long as there’s a team called Derby representing this county it shall have my support.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

As long called derby or still derby county and keep our name.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose,
By any other name would smell as sweet.

I think it’s safe to say Derby would have to be mentioned in there, unless we decide to call it Chaddesden Park Rovers FC

Edited by seths-cap

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Exeter City? Bit of a drive that.