The last time we played each of next season's potential opponents in the league

admira

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Interesting table - thanks for putting together.

May not be a widespread view but the novelty factor of playing this lot is actually making me look forward to the new season. New grounds to visit & new clubs to acquaint ourselves us with. Whilst no-one wants to be playing 3rd tier football for longer than necessary, I was getting bored of playing dismal clubs like Reading, Birmingham & QPR every year.

Plenty of big games too - Sheff Wednesday, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth & Charlton all stand out. My only issue is it's a fairly southern based league - although lots of grounds within easy reach from Derby. Away days should be noisy ?

You're right about the distribution of teams - lots of trips downwards for us! 

20220521_191737.jpg

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

20220521_191737.jpg

Genuinely wasn't aware Shrewsbury were in League One. It could be a good chance for the club, or supporters, to do something in remembrance of Colin Bloomfield - I believe he was a huge supporter of them.

As for the distribution of teams, I like it. I hope Exeter, Plymouth and Portsmouth fall on a weekend and it's possible to get tickets - I would look to make a trip of it. Plenty of other games - honestly, just a refresh of new venues is big for me. Not many of them I won't try and get to if possible. 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

20220521_191737.jpg

It would cost roughly £1200 to go to every ground on the train next season, if you don't have a railcard ?

Plymouth, Portsmouth, Ipswich and Exeter being the most expensive.
Burton, Port Vale/Mansfield, Sheff Weds and Lincoln being the cheapest.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Genuinely wasn't aware Shrewsbury were in League One. It could be a good chance for the club, or supporters, to do something in remembrance of Colin Bloomfield - I believe he was a huge supporter of them.

As for the distribution of teams, I like it. I hope Exeter, Plymouth and Portsmouth fall on a weekend and it's possible to get tickets - I would look to make a trip of it. Plenty of other games - honestly, just a refresh of new venues is big for me. Not many of them I won't try and get to if possible. 

As part of the on going punishment from the EFL we’ll be at Exeter Plymouth and Portsmouth on a Tuesday night in January/February .

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Add Fleetwood to the mix, since I imagine we'll all be in Blackpool for that one.

Forest Green, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers would ideally be on the weekend too. Could have a bit of a relaxing time in the Cotswolds then.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If I didn't check, I would have sworn Mansfield were in the Championship in the early 2000's, but must have been mixing them up with some other small club like Walsall.

Mansfield have actually been in the 2nd division once (77/78).

Remember them being on Star soccer against Spurs who were in Div 2 the same season.3-3 draw

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It would cost roughly £1200 to go to every ground on the train next season, if you don't have a railcard ?

Roughly £900/950 in petrol at today’s price.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Add Fleetwood to the mix, since I imagine we'll all be in Blackpool for that one.

Forest Green, Cheltenham and Bristol Rovers would ideally be on the weekend too. Could have a bit of a relaxing time in the Cotswolds then.

Looking forward to Fleetwood, all inclusive hotel we usually stay at in Blackpool, tram stop right outside,30 minute tram ride, 3 minute walk to the ground.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They’ll probably be on strike so no need to worry!

I'm looking forward to renewing acquaintance with the supporters liaison guy from Accrington.  Best we’ve had on here in many a year. 

41 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Remember them being on Star soccer against Spurs who were in Div 2 the same season.3-3 draw

I believe they were in the Panini 78 sticker album that year (second tier clubs)

11 minutes ago, admira said:

I believe they were in the Panini 78 sticker album that year (second tier clubs)

We must be of the same vintage as I remember it was the first year I start collecting the stickers at school. Can recall swapping a very young looking Glen Hoddle.

47 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Roughly £900/950 in petrol at today’s price.

Given I live close enough to a number of train stations on different lines (and taking advantage of stopping off at my parents' and brothers' house), I could do all 23 games for less than £650 with a rail card, which I'd be more than happy with.

Burton and back on the bus for just £4 ?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

20220521_191737.jpg

Looking at that map, one thing I've only just appreciated is that heading East from Derbyshire you have to pass through loads of the unwashed before you get to The Wash. 

Ironic, no?

1 hour ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I remember watching Derby play at Mansfield about 10 years ago and thought it was the league cup, but I think it must have been a pre-season friendly (maybe something to do with Bucko?).

Lost ?-1 to them in a pre-season friendly after Frank took over. If you'd said then we'd be playing them in the league in four years you'd have been told to give your head a wobble.

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Furthest away grounds being the most expensive to travel to and the nearest being the cheapest. Who would have thought? ?

Apologies, couldn’t resist a bit of sarcasm on a dull Wednesday afternoon.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Lost ?-1 to them in a pre-season friendly after Frank took over. If you'd said then we'd be playing them in the league in four years you'd have been told to give your head a wobble.

Not the game I went to. Just had a look on-line and we did play them in the League cup in 2002 and won 3.1 with Lee Morris, Malcom Christie and Ian Evatt scoring.

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Looking forward to Fleetwood, all inclusive hotel we usually stay at in Blackpool, tram stop right outside,30 minute tram ride, 3 minute walk to the ground.

You've stayed in Blackpool more than once?  

Never been, or to Skegness.

I'm probably far too posh.