Problem Solving

sage

New thread if anyone has a problem and needs advice. 

Mine is urgent 

I'm flying with BA on Tuesday and I have to submit my NHS covid document before I can check in. 

Ive downloaded it and it's in the correct format (pdf) and it's the correct size but the submit button won't light up. 

Anyone had a similar issue or have any ideas? 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

Mine is urgent 

I'm flying with BA on Tuesday and I have to submit my NHS covid document before I can check in. 

Ive downloaded it and it's in the correct format (pdf) and it's the correct size but the submit button won't light up. 

1. Try a different browser?
  2. Check if you have any adblocking software or tracking blockers switched on (both can cause website functionality to break)

36 minutes ago, sage said:

Mine is urgent 

Have you tried switching it off and on again? ?

Seriously though as @Gaspode suggests, a different browser might work. I remember some link was being rolled out for one of the banking projects I worked on a couple of years back wouldn’t work on a particular browser (can’t remember which one) until a fix was applied later.

26 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Seriously though as @Gaspode suggests, a different browser might work. I remember some link was being rolled out for one of the banking projects I worked on a couple of years back wouldn’t work on a particular browser (can’t remember which one) until a fix was applied later.

My laptop has just switched to edge. 

Off to play cricket now, will try explorer or chrome

Not really a problem or an issue, Having a failed house sale behind me, I've started to de clutter(crap collected over years)I bought a TV cabinet for what now is a Sun room was spare bedroom, Self assembly, I unpacked it...wow bits galore, Screws, Dowels, Hinges, Handles, Countless pieces of wood...and the booklet that shows how you go about it.

3 hours later

image.thumb.png.3342dc425ba78d845c69f17279984179.png

With age comes patients, Take your time and read what's in the booklet, Set all components down in order and cracked on ?

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:
  1. Try a different browser?
  2. Check if you have any adblocking software or tracking blockers switched on (both can cause website functionality to break)

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Cheers

Chrome worked

On 15/05/2022 at 09:47, Tamworthram said:

I had trouble with Barclays and Internet explorer a while back. They advised I used Chrome. It worked. But jeeps you are a zillion pound bank and your site has bugs when using the universal browser for half the world .. odd ! 

12 hours ago, dog said:

Looking like working abroad is back on again. Daft question, how do I check if my credit card works?

I think there is zero reason to believe it won’t work (unless you’re planning on working in Russia of course?) but the obvious answer seems to be to contact your card provider and ask them. You might need to tell them anyway so that they know to expect a number of transactions abroad and therefore not block them as potential frauds.

19 hours ago, jono said:

I had trouble with Barclays and Internet explorer a while back. They advised I used Chrome. It worked. But jeeps you are a zillion pound bank and your site has bugs when using the universal browser for half the world .. odd ! 

IE only has about 5% of the market these days and it's really hard to get stuff to work across all platforms and that is the same for big companies. I bet I have to change browsers once a week for some form of buggy software

40 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

IE only has about 5% of the market these days and it's really hard to get stuff to work across all platforms and that is the same for big companies. I bet I have to change browsers once a week for some form of buggy software

IE is no longer supported by Microsoft so if security issues will remain. If you are going to use a Microsoft browser use Edge which  is what Windows sneakily keeps asking you to switch to. As it happens Edge runs a Chromium engine so you might as well use Chrome.

7 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

IE is no longer supported by Microsoft so if security issues will remain. If you are going to use a Microsoft browser use Edge which  is what Windows sneakily keeps asking you to switch to. As it happens Edge runs a Chromium engine so you might as well use Chrome.

Brave is in many ways a better version of Chrome in terms of also respecting your privacy. Similarly I think Firefox has had a renaissance. In this modern world we are so often the product, farmed for our data, so I'd avoid Chrome as much as you can.