48hrs will it see us over the line

Curtains

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't think anyone thinks it was an easy job, all parties involved have said how complex it is.

However, they have had 6 months to get on top of the complexities and, from the outside, it appears that they have either not considered or just ignored some of the most important issues.

"From the outside"

Exactly. But who knows what horrors lurked on the interior of this complete and utter financial and managerial clusterfcuk.

46 minutes ago, Sheff Ram said:

"From the outside"

Exactly. But who knows what horrors lurked on the interior of this complete and utter financial and managerial clusterfcuk.

None of us know the intricacies but I think most of us could have had a wild guess that the use of the ground was quite critical to the deal?

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

FTFY

I mean we are really talking semantics now, does every sentence that someone writes have to start with 'in my opinion'?

Id be interested to hear from anyone on the outside that thinks it looks like they have handled the Boro claim and ground ownership issue in a satisfactory manner...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I mean we are really talking semantics now, does every sentence that someone writes have to start with 'in my opinion'?

Id be interested to hear from anyone on the outside that thinks it looks like they have handled the Boro claim and ground ownership issue in a satisfactory manner...

None of us know the intricacies but I think most of us could have had a wild guess that the use of the ground was quite critical to the deal?

The mistake you're making is thinking that those are things which are really theirs to handle, giving them imaginary powers and damning them for not using them. You're not the only one of course. It's been quite ridiculous.

The Boro claim? 

There were two ways to deal with the  Boro claim

1. Make it go away via legal jiggery pokery, which they identified a method for and attempted. As the EFL hold the most important card (our golden share) it didn't come to pass. "They should have known it wouldn't work"? Maybe, but not trying it only left them with option....

2. Come to an agreement themselves with Steve Gibson to arrange for him to receive some sort of compensation. Yeah, not happening, there'd be outrage from both the fans and the creditors.

Money going from the pot to some unfounded BS claim would be a serious issue without it passing through a proper legal process, and passing it though a proper legal process would take an absolute age, that's assuming Gibson was willing to take it that way, and without dragging it out as long as possible.

...or the imaginary option 3, force the EFL to declare a stance in favour of Steve Gibson or force Mel Morris & Gibson to 'come to an accord' earlier. This was never going to happen until after the January transfer window had closed though, by design - it was out of the administrator's hands.

The ground?

The ground isn't in administration, they can't force the ground to be put into administration, they have no control over what happens with it.

The best they can do with that is seek assurances from Mel Morris and get something in writing to the effect that he'll either sell for a certain amount or be willing to keep the stadium and charge an agreeable rental fee for its use, which seems to be what they have done.

That doesn't make it legally binding though, and as we all know Mel Morris is wont to change his mind. It's likely that Morris has taken Kirchner's Twitter post calling him a naughty name as an affront and done exactly that, so that bit of writing effectively becomes even more worthless.

It's 'his' stadium and his loan to MSD, he calls the shots at this point, nobody aside from MSD has the power to alter that situation. 

People saying things like "they"re just puppets of MM" and "they've lost control of the process and been pulled this way and that on the whim of egos" are missing the point - that was always going to be the case, it would be the case for anyone who took on the job - there are aspects of the situation they do not have control of, never have, never will, they haven't 'lost' something they could never have in the first place.  It's a situation they inherited, not one of their making through this supposed incompetence.

The only thing you can really point the finger at with any real assurance of being correct is bad PR which raised fan expectations.

Even then the information they put out is likely only what they believed to be the state of play at the time of asking. They could have lied instead, or they could have said nothing. All approaches seem to lead to criticism though.

Now, people can and I'm sure they will put forward some suggestions as to how they think things could have been dealt with better - and they may well all be valid, I can't say otherwise - but I'd suggest anyone positing "why didn't they..." or "they should have done..."  can't actually prove that their approach would have yielded any better results.

You can see from Kirchner's recent tweets that he's getting a bit fed up of all the pestering and demands for answers at every step of the process, and he's (just) one of those for whom Quantuma are required to act as piggy in the middle. Imagine how they feel!

'They'll never work in football again!"

I doubt they'd want to.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

23 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The mistake you're making is thinking that those are things which are really theirs to handle, giving them imaginary powers and damning them for not using them. You're not the only one of course. It's been quite ridiculous.

The Boro claim? 

1. Make it go away via legal jiggery pokery, which they identified a method for and attempted. As the EFL hold the most important card (our golden share) it didn't come to pass. "They should have known it wouldn't work"? Maybe, but not trying it only left them with option....

2. Come to an agreement themselves with Steve Gibson to arrange for him to receive some sort of compensation. Yeah, not happening, there'd be outrage from both the fans and the creditors.

Money going from the pot to some unfounded BS claim would be a serious issue without it passing through a proper legal process, and passing it though a proper legal process would take an absolute age, that's assuming Gibson was willing to take it that way, and without dragging it out as long as possible.

...or the imaginary option 3, force the EFL to declare a stance in favour of Steve Gibson or force Mel Morris & Gibson to 'come to an accord' earlier. This was never going to happen until after the January transfer window had closed though, by design - it was out of the administrator's hands.

The ground?

The ground isn't in administration, they can't force the ground to be put into administration, they have no control over what happens with it.

The best they can do with that is seek assurances from Mel Morris and get something in writing to the effect that he'll either sell for a certain amount or be willing to keep the stadium and charge an agreeable rental fee for its use, which seems to be what they have done.

That doesn't make it legally binding though, and as we all know Mel Morris is wont to change his mind. It's likely that Morris has taken Kirchner's Twitter post calling him a naughty name as an affront and done exactly that, so that bit of writing effectively becomes even more worthless.

It's 'his' stadium and his loan to MSD, he calls the shots at this point, nobody aside from MSD has the power to alter that situation. 

People saying things like "they"re just puppets of MM" and "they've lost control of the process and been pulled this way and that on the whim of egos" are missing the point - that was always going to be the case, it would be the case for anyone who took on the job - there are aspects of the situation they do not have control of, never have, never will, they haven't 'lost' something they could never have in the first place.  It's a situation they inherited, not one of their making through this supposed incompetence.

The only thing you can really point the finger at with any real assurance of being correct is bad PR which raised fan expectations.

Even then the information they put out is likely only what they believed to be the state of play at the time of asking. They could have lied instead, or they could have said nothing. All approaches seem to lead to criticism though.

Now, people can and I'm sure they will put forward some suggestions as to how they think things could have been dealt with better - and they may well all be valid, I can't say otherwise - but I'd suggest anyone positing "why didn't they..." or "they should have done..."  can't actually prove that their approach would have yielded any better results.

You can see from Kirchner's recent tweets that he's getting a bit fed up of all the pestering and demands for answers at every step of the process, and he's (just) one of those for whom Quantuma are required to act as piggy in the middle. Imagine how they feel!

I doubt they'd want to.

Fair points.

Believe you to be incorrect about who has the loan to MSD.

Do you think before naming someone preferred bidder it may have been a good idea to ensure that their approach to the future of the ground was aligned with that of the owner?

36 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The Boro claim? 

The ground?

I doubt they'd want to.

Afternoon Mr Hosking 

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fair points.

Believe you to be incorrect about who has the loan to MSD.

Do you think before naming someone preferred bidder it may have been a good idea to ensure that their approach to the future of the ground was aligned with that of the owner?

Are we talking semantics over who has the MSD loan, ie Mel himself or one of his companies, or is it a different situation altogether? I can't remember the exact situation tbh, but whatever the case either MM or MSD are the ones running the show on the stadium, calling the shots (and other clichés), it remains out of the administrators hands.

Sure, that would be the ideal situation but it would require multiple formal bids of equal footing to have been put in, with  nothing to choose between them in terms of what is best for the creditors.

They couldn't just choose a PB because their views aligned over the stadium regardless of other factors though.