48hrs will it see us over the line

Curtains

53 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Are we talking semantics over who has the MSD loan, ie Mel himself or one of his companies, or is it a different situation altogether? I can't remember the exact situation tbh, but whatever the case either MM or MSD are the ones running the show on the stadium, calling the shots (and other clichés), it remains out of the administrators hands.

Sure, that would be the ideal situation but it would require multiple formal bids of equal footing to have been put in, with  nothing to choose between them in terms of what is best for the creditors.

They couldn't just choose a PB because their views aligned over the stadium regardless of other factors though.

It is my understanding that the loan from MSD was to The Derby County Football Club Limited.

I agree to a certain extent re the PB. It is worth noting that the administrators responsibility is to the creditors and not the club. However, surely the only way the creditors get anything out of this is for the club to continue as a going concern, and surely for that to happen they need a ground to play at. Putting 2 and 2 together you would think that having the ground situation agreed before naming a PB would be common sense?

39 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It is my understanding that the loan from MSD was to The Derby County Football Club Limited.

I agree to a certain extent re the PB. It is worth noting that the administrators responsibility is to the creditors and not the club. However, surely the only way the creditors get anything out of this is for the club to continue as a going concern, and surely for that to happen they need a ground to play at. Putting 2 and 2 together you would think that having the ground situation agreed before naming a PB would be common sense?

There are a few loans to keep track of tbf, I'm not sure which and which aren't  pertinent to the current discussion, but again the stadium seems to be out of grasp whatever the structure. That's just accepted 

You can only put two and two together if there are two and two to put together in the first place! 

It all hinges on bids formally existing and being in an acceptable state to meet the requirements of all involved parties.

If it was as simple as the Binnies saying here's £28m for the club and we're happy to rent the ground off Mel, and take on Gibson in court they'd have been named the PB and the whole thing wrapped up ages ago. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard