The house of Maxwell

IslandExile

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes how we chortled when he made his son at Oxford sell us Dean Saunders causing Mark Lawrenson to quit in protest.

Probably had his fingers in the Mirror Group Pension fund at this point. Master fraudsman.

Using your pension scheme as a contingency piggy bank was not unheard of, and was not of itself illegal at the time. 

Of course, it enabled you to keep rolling the dice perhaps beyond the point you should stop. 

Maxwell and Mel, 30 years apart but some surprising similarities..... 

As it happens, I was looking at the stack of papers last night from when I was born (Jan'91) and the front page of the the Telegraph reads "What are you doing to our club" with a picture of Maxwell in a Derby hat and a damning report about him!

23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I'm sure Robert Maxwell enjoyed watching this from his Caribbean island

if he didn't drop off that boat all them years ago, he's most likely died since! He'd be 99 in June if still alive. Not saying that's beyond possible, but he was a fat bloater with health issues I think.

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It went wrong when he changed the shorts to black...obviously:-)

You have only got to look back at this past season to realise that it is still having an impact.

To think we won the top division exactly 50 years ago, then again 3 years later, wearing Navy shorts.

You'd think the difference would be obvious to everyone but apparently not...?‍♂️

On 28/04/2022 at 11:56, Mostyn6 said:

if he didn't drop off that boat all them years ago, he's most likely died since! He'd be 99 in June if still alive. Not saying that's beyond possible, but he was a fat bloater with health issues I think.

Yes, but he is also one of the alien lizards in human form that make up the Illuminati. Those beggars live longer than giant tortoises.

But what I will say for sure, no way Fat Bob fell off the back of that yacht by accident