QPR vs Derby County matchday thread, Monday 18th April, 3pm

Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:
6 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

my biggest disappointment this season,is,despite rooney being a record breaking striker,we have been so toothless and slow up front,even without a striker,i hoped he would find a way for us to be more potent

With what?

CKR's injury was massive. Left us without a senior striker. Even just as another option for us, or as an out ball. And as a character/leader as well. 

Well as ever, Mark Warburton had done his homework on us, and for the first 50 minutes or so kept us very restrained by their high press. We did play very calmly all the way through it, and ironically created two of the best chances of the half. QPR had the upper hand, but we were well in the game at half time. What we needed to do was play over the press from time to time, but didn't do it. 

Morrison's introduction changed things, and the game opened up and it was a good match to watch. However, although not dirty with their tackles till later on in the game, QPR obviously train with WWF wrestlers. There was a huge amount of shirt pulling and body shifting going on. The ref saw some of it, but not enough, especially the pull on Malcolm's arm as he ran into the area. It was yet another definite penalty shout, and yet another one not given. If the ref had been operating to the rules of Association Football instead of the rules of the EFL we would have most likely taken the lead. Instead Tom gets carded for breaking up a QPR counter attack. He was then twice taken out with very heavy fouls - both carded - but one of them was with the same tackle as the one Max Bird got a red card for.  And then Charlie Austin fakes a foul and Tom is off. Disgraceful by the ref yet again.

In reality, we weren't relegated by the result today. We were relegated by the 21 points, and by the EFL's antics in cohorts with Steve Gibson which thwarted a takeover bid and forced our already small squad to be ripped apart.

I will be there for the closing matches, and I will be there next season if the EFL are magnanimous enough to let us continue. And I am so immensely proud of how the team, the management and the fans have conducted themselves. I have been around since the days of Brian Clough, and this has to be the best season I have ever experienced. 

WHAT A CLUB. WHAT A SQUAD. WHAT A MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER. AND WHAT FANS!!!

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Loads of kids = Poor away form. 

That’s far too simplistic and doesn’t account for 10 away defeats on the spin. Of course it’s a contributing factor, but that is disastrous. There’s something else at play there tactically, given the same players can perform at home.