World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

9 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Indeed, but why would ITV use a Spanish abbreviation for a UK audience?

It was probably a mistake. Maybe they got confused with Marrakesh. 

Does seem strange how we flip names though. We say La Liga, but we don’t say España. We say Madrid, Munich, Rome, but we don’t say Italia or Deutschland. 

Just read a sentence from a report in the mirror about the Argentina Netherlands match. Apparently the ref gave out ‘countless’ yellow cards.

The reporter probably needs to go back to school if he struggles to count to 15. 

PS regarding that match, I saw the highlights this morning. I know we take the piss out of how much the commentators are jizzing over every touch Messi makes, but it’s funny hearing then describe his penalty. FFS it’s just a penalty.

26 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Just read a sentence from a report in the mirror about the Argentina Netherlands match. Apparently the ref gave out ‘countless’ yellow cards.

The reporter probably needs to go back to school if he struggles to count to 15. 

PS regarding that match, I saw the highlights this morning. I know we take the piss out of how much the commentators are jizzing over every touch Messi makes, but it’s funny hearing then describe his penalty. FFS it’s just a penalty.

He gave some to the managers and other staff.