Wordle

uttoxram75

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Been playing this almost 2 weeks, having been the outsider in a chat about it in the office. My tactic is to do two totally different words, with 10 different letters, unless my first word turns up 3 or 4 greens. I tend to do it in 3 or 4. Had a 5 in the week.

Hard mode prevents you from doing that. If you get a green or yellow letter from any guess, you have to use that letter again in your next guess.

On 12/03/2022 at 02:06, Eddie said:

Yes, I've been dragged in. Not failed yet (famous last words) - 47/47.

I prefer Nerdle - you have 6 guesses to determine a mathematical equation containing 8 terms or numbers, e.g.

7x7+7=56

Another good one is Quordle - you have 9 guesses to determine 4 5-letter words (and believe me, it usually takes 8 or 9 to get them all).

I had a dodgy pint Friday night . 

On Saturday morning i was playing ......

Turdle ! 

Here's an interesting problem which will take some time.....

Using the digits 1,2,3 and 4 once only on the LHS of each equation plus mathematical symbols, produce equations in turn giving solutions for all numbers between 1 and 100. BODMAS rules, of course

I'll set you off...

• 12 / 4 - 3 = 1
  • (4 + 2) - (1 + 3) = 2
  • (1 * 2) + 4 - 3 = 3
  • 14 / 2 - 3 = 4

I did this about 40 years ago and it took me several lunch hours at work. Some are very tricky indeed.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Here's an interesting problem which will take some time.....

Using the digits 1,2,3 and 4 once only on the LHS of each equation plus mathematical symbols, produce equations in turn giving solutions for all numbers between 1 and 100. BODMAS rules, of course

I'll set you off...

• 12 / 4 - 3 = 1
  • (4 + 2) - (1 + 3) = 2
  • (1 * 2) + 4 - 3 = 3
  • 14 / 2 - 3 = 4

I did this about 40 years ago and it took me several lunch hours at work. Some are very tricky indeed.

34 is the first one where I had to be sneaky...

4! + 3! + (2*1)