So pround of lads yesterday

B4ev6is

They played so well and even young rams played so much heart cashin and malcom ebiowei he played so well Barnsley  did not know how to handle him and festy was a star and he looked nearly at his best but tired near the end but he carrying a injury and ravel Morrison he had his best game since salford in the cup and he looked dangerouse another opapion who could play more of forward role which could be key to bourmonth away next saturday but also staying in the champership.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

I agree, B4, there is a level of pride in the effort and determination of the squad this season. No-one is coasting in games, they are all busting a gut to work for each other. I think the crowd helps with this, and we feed off each other.

I am particularly enjoying seeing our academy lads coming into the team and doing so well but the efforts of the older players are impressive too.

Collectively we have a lot to learn but it has been far more rewarding for me to watch us trying to play football the right way than to put up with some of the cynical but effective teams we have encountered this season.

Barnsley did at least try to play football too, they just weren't as good at it as us yesterday. Played into our hands as it gave us the space to do our own thing. 

As things stand, I have no idea who I would vote for in a player of the season poll as there are so many candidates. It's a long while since I last thought that.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

As things stand, I have no idea who I would vote for in a player of the season poll as there are so many candidates. It's a long while since I last thought that.

I suspect someone will write their name on that trophy at some stage during the last 4 or 5 games... I just don't know who yet!  

#bigmoment=bigprize

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree, B4, there is a level of pride in the effort and determination of the squad this season. No-one is coasting in games, they are all busting a gut to work for each other. I think the crowd helps with this, and we feed off each other.

I am particularly enjoying seeing our academy lads coming into the team and doing so well but the efforts of the older players are impressive too.

Collectively we have a lot to learn but it has been far more rewarding for me to watch us trying to play football the right way than to put up with some of the cynical but effective teams we have encountered this season.

Barnsley did at least try to play football too, they just weren't as good at it as us yesterday. Played into our hands as it gave us the space to do our own thing. 

Lot’s to argue over for young player of the year but for me the one player that’s been there right through giving everything he’s got is Curtis Davies.

If Lawrence finishes the season off on fire and keeps us up with his goals he would do for me...if it was decided right now I would probably choose Curtis just because he has played every minute of the season with pride and passion..

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

If Lawrence finishes the season off on fire and keeps us up with his goals he would do for me...if it was decided right now I would probably choose Curtis just because he has played every minute of the season with pride and passion..

Yep Tom for me but even if he scores in every game but we go down his 3 game ban is what he would be judged on

5 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Yep Tom for me but even if he scores in every game but we go down his 3 game ban is what he would be judged on

...by morons yes. A football season is 46 matches, injuries and suspensions are part and parcel of the game.

Performing in the matches that you do play in is what wins you awards, you can't do anything about the matches you don't play in.

14 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

...by morons yes. A football season is 46 matches, injuries and suspensions are part and parcel of the game.

Performing in the matches that you do play in is what wins you awards, you can't do anything about the matches you don't play in.

Far too rational a view 

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well, I suppose you could avoid getting the petulant red card that caused you not to play in those matches... But I take your point.

4 hours ago, StarterForTen said:

Well, I suppose you could avoid getting the petulant red card that caused you not to play in those matches... But I take your point.

And Ravel Morrison and Richard Stearman could have not put the challenges in that got them both sent off.

Knight and Rooney could both have avoided the challenge that saw Knight injured earlier in the season.

Football is a passionate game. 

Am I happy that Lawrence got himself sent off? Of course not.

If we get relegated will I be blaming it on one of the players that has arguably put is in a position where we can even dream of surviving. Also no.

FWIW I was one of Lawrence's biggest critics over the last few seasons and probably even early on this season, think he has been fantastic second half of the season and deserves all of us getting behind him, rather than blaming him alone for 3 bad results.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

And Ravel Morrison and Richard Stearman could have not put the challenges in that got them both sent off.

Knight and Rooney could both have avoided the challenge that saw Knight injured earlier in the season.

Football is a passionate game. 

Am I happy that Lawrence got himself sent off? Of course not.

If we get relegated will I be blaming it on one of the players that has arguably put is in a position where we can even dream of surviving. Also no.

FWIW I was one of Lawrence's biggest critics over the last few seasons and probably even early on this season, think he has been fantastic second half of the season and deserves all of us getting behind him, rather than blaming him alone for 3 bad results.

Not sure so many folk are actually blaming Lawrence for the 3 bad results, just observing that it would have been better to go into those games with him, rather than without him. Quite important in the context of our current dire situation. 

10 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure so many folk are actually blaming Lawrence for the 3 bad results, just observing that it would have been better to go into those games with him, rather than without him. Quite important in the context of our current dire situation. 

I've seen a few saying that if we get relegated now it will be Lawrence's fault.