F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

So, Mexico GP qualifying didn't see to many surprises except for ferrari being a bit rubbish and Bottas not being, as there was a bit of a the animals came in 2 by 2:

1 Max Costcappen Red Bull 1:17.775
2 George Russell Mercedes + 0.304
3 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes + 0.309
4 The hopes of the entire nation of Mexico Red Bull +0.353
5 Carlos Sainz Ferrari +0.576
6 Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +0.626
7 Charles Leclerc Ferrari +0.780
8 Lando Norris McLaren +0.946
9 Fernando Alonso Alpine +1.164
10 Esteban Ocon Alpine +1.235
11 Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +0.773 (Q2)
12 Zhou Guanyu Alfa Romeo +0.924
13 Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri +1.037
14 Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri +1.120
15 Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.281
16 Mick Schumacher Haas + 1.250 (Q1)
17 Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin + 1.250
18 Lance Stroll Aston Martin + 1.351
19 Alex Albon Williams +1.690
20 Nicholas Latifi Williams +1.998

Well, Ted did use the phrase "robbed" in reference to the 21 championship.

Of course, on the weekend that everyone is talking about red bull's cost cap busting overspend in 21 which it is impossible to say didn't help them in 2021, an excuse to not talk to one of the main broardcasters (the Sky feed goes to a number of countrys) of the sport who might ask an aukward question - I'm sure the grilling from Will Buxton on F1TV will be a lot easier...........

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, Ted did use the phrase "robbed" in reference to the 21 championship.

Of course, on the weekend that everyone is talking about red bull's cost cap busting overspend in 21 which it is impossible to say didn't help them in 2021, an excuse to not talk to one of the main broardcasters (the Sky feed goes to a number of countrys) of the sport who might ask an aukward question - I'm sure the grilling from Will Buxton on F1TV will be a lot easier...........

Ted was spot on to be fair.

Horner, Verstappen and that ghoul Helmut are hilarious. Complete and utter hypocrites at all points in time. If the tables were turned, they would be moaning about it every single day since it happened last December. Completely devoid of any class in that team. 

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Sky should just announce that they'd like to talk to Red Bull but Horner is being a mardy t*** so they can't - I'm quite hopeful that their racing agreeement has a clause stating they must do media duties in which case the FIA can give them more sanctions....

Punishment Latifi!

Talk to Sky like you're obliged to, or, Latifi is driving your car next race.

Pretty dull race really.

Merc probably got as good as they were going to get with Lewis but can't think why they didn't at least try to something different with Russell, just seemed to accept 4th behind Perez when there wasn't any need to, I don't think Checo was out of reach for George.

Oh, and Danny ric didn't suck.

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Pretty dull race really.

Merc probably got as good as they were going to get with Lewis but can't think why they didn't at least try to something different with Russell, just seemed to accept 4th behind Perez when there wasn't any need to, I don't think Checo was out of reach for George.

Oh, and Danny ric didn't suck.

Yeah pretty dull minus those few laps where Ric just overtook everyone. 

Why they didn’t change Russell’s tyres earlier and try get past Perez I do not know, especially when they said they’d do anything to win today. Didn’t really have much fight. 

Good on Danny Ric. 

Tsunoda will be happy for him! 

It's a shame Horner won't talk to Sky. I miss his sly digs and bitterness already. 

Mercedes had a real chance didn't they? I thought the talk on Friday and Saturday was that Hards would be too slow. Then half the field use Hards!! 

I just really want Lewis to beat George which he may need a good slip up from George. 

And Ferrari to come 3rd would be deserved! In the term "sleeping giants" you have to emphasise the word "sleeping".

Weekends like this wouldn't hurt so much if they didn't sabotage themselves every other race

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Good on Danny Ric. 

Tsunoda will be happy for him! 

It's a shame Horner won't talk to Sky. I miss his sly digs and bitterness already. 

Mercedes had a real chance didn't they? I thought the talk on Friday and Saturday was that Hards would be too slow. Then half the field use Hards!! 

I just really want Lewis to beat George which he may need a good slip up from George. 

And Ferrari to come 3rd would be deserved! In the term "sleeping giants" you have to emphasise the word "sleeping".

Weekends like this wouldn't hurt so much if they didn't sabotage themselves every other race

3rd place in the constructors with the fastest car would be the most Ferrari thing Ferrari have done in years.

It's certainly achievable.

I know it's hard to get that enthusiastic with both titles wrapped up, but, it's the Brazilian grand Prix anyway!

With it being a sprint race weekend, there's qualifying tonight, pretend race tomorrow and grand Prix on Sunday.

Still a few minor things being played for down the grid, Sauber Vs Daddies cash, Haas Vs Alpha Tauri, will Lewis overtake Georgie boy? Will Leclerc finish P2 in the drivers championship or will Checo? Will king Latifi add to his mountain of points before he leaves? Will we get a farewell greatest hits moment from Seb Vettle, Danny Ric or Mick Schumacher? Ok,more likely just a "hit" of some sort from the Mickster.

Will alpine conspire to make Fernando grumpy? And will grumpy 'nando set fire to his relationship with alpine on the way?

Will Gasly have a massive whine ?

Will watching Verstappen streak away from the field easily be boring?

All this and more from the interlagos circuit in Sao Paulo!

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Magnussen P1, can't wait to see Gunther on DTS next year

He'll just be busy ranting at Mick for not getting close to pole when they're trying to stay ahead of Alpha Tauri and making him look a Ducking banker when he has to talk to Gene.

But seriously, loved it.

We also got Ferrari being pro-active in screwing over Leclerc, after all why wait until Sunday to ruin your best driver?

10 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Good sprint! Good win by Russell, Sainz looked an empty man.

Good on Georgie boy.

Fairy predicable dropping back from kmags, some reasonable if unspectacular progress from Leclerc and Checo.

Poor effort from Verstappen, have to assume the tyre choice had a lot to do with it.

Ocon and Alonso being best buddies.

Seriously, Alonso falling out with daddy stroll and Ocon and Gasly falling out are going to be 2 fun subplots of 23.