F1 2022

RadioactiveWaste

33 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Perez thinking RB would let him pass Max so he can beat Leclerc in the DC. 

As if. Nobody beats my Max. My sweet sweet Max. How dare that Perez forget his place. The audacity 

I heard the radio and thought "lol. that's not happening"

I'd guess Karen heard the radio and said "lol. That's not happening"

TBF, if Max had really slowed to the point that he was clearly holding up Perez it might have been a conversation but Max was 4 seconds up the road doing the same pace.

Fantastic from Georgie boy today.

Really well played by Mercedes.

Given their usual bungling, overall well done to Ferrari for getting P3 and P4, especially Leclerc who got a love tap from Norris early on putting him well down.

Alonso with another good drive.

WTF happened to Perez in the second half of that race though? Although I was highly amused by the whole "are you going to help me" "lol. No." dynamic with RBR/Max, I think we all knew which side the bread was butered in that team, but it seems like they're just rubbing it in now.

Shout out for Vettal and Bottas drives as well, as Alpha Romeo (Sauber) vs Aston Martin is still up for grabs in the constructors (as is Haas v Alpha Tauri, but no points for either today).

Mercedes looked super quick this weekend. Brilliant recovery drive from Hamilton, and fantastic from Russell. Controlled his lead the entire time, didn't make any mistakes and well deserves his first GP win. 

Verstappen was hilarious at the end, not letting Perez through. How utterly pathetic. 

Great weekend for Mercedes. 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Given their usual bungling, overall well done to Ferrari for getting P3 and P4, especially Leclerc who got a love tap from Norris early on putting him well down.

WTF happened to Perez in the second half of that race though? Although I was highly amused by the whole "are you going to help me" "lol. No." dynamic with RBR/Max, I think we all knew which side the bread was butered in that team, but it seems like they're just rubbing it in now.

I actually thought Sainz had a very good showing today, certainly one of his better performances of the season. 

Perez was pretty slow all race it seemed. He really fell away at the end, he was really the loser of the safety car being on those mediums against the fresh softs. 

Just now, Alpha said:

Why does half the world cheer Max and boo Lewis again? I forget

I feel terrible for Checo. It must be awful having to drive in the shadow of such a petulant child. If the car wasn't set up entirely to favour Max he would be significantly quicker. Verstappen is a terrible team mate. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Yikes, the Red Bull team garage is going to be a bit awkward tonight. 

Nah, my Max, my super Max will be wrapped up in cotton wool and won't have to listen to any of that Mexican apprentice's whining. 

My lickle Max is so special to us at Red Bull. He doesn't do Sky interviews and neither do we

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I feel terrible for Checo. It must be awful having to drive in the shadow of such a petulant child. If the car wasn't set up entirely to favour Max he would be significantly quicker. Verstappen is a terrible team mate. 

Checo has been one of my favoeite F1 drivers, good guy, always up against it in midfield cars and close to getting botted for a pay driver with just slightly more cash every single year whilst doing epic long stints and dragging the odd podum out of force india, and yes, the shot at red bull was as much about needing a solid no2 and for Checo it was that or, i dunno DTM or something. Then this seaosn the car suits him, he looks like he might be a player and Red Bull are like, lol, no. Now, I get it, and results obviously vindicate the direction Red Bull took, but at this point it's just being a dick to the no2 for the sake of it because he's no2.

Max is a brilliantly talented driver, and this season he has driven brilliantly and most of issues with his driving from last year haven't been issues this year. I just don't like him particually. and it's a results business, and Max has done the business.

I hope next season Leclerc and Lewis and George all mount serious challenges and if Sainz and Perex can also fight it a bit that'd help make the season more interesting.

and Checo dude, have a chat with Nico Rosberg, if you're going to ever have a shot that's the way you're going to have to do it, you're in the later days of your career anyway, so it's not like you're going to be runing future moves.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Checo has been one of my favoeite F1 drivers, good guy, always up against it in midfield cars and close to getting botted for a pay driver with just slightly more cash every single year whilst doing epic long stints and dragging the odd podum out of force india, and yes, the shot at red bull was as much about needing a solid no2 and for Checo it was that or, i dunno DTM or something. Then this seaosn the car suits him, he looks like he might be a player and Red Bull are like, lol, no. Now, I get it, and results obviously vindicate the direction Red Bull took, but at this point it's just being a dick to the no2 for the sake of it because he's no2.

Max is a brilliantly talented driver, and this season he has driven brilliantly and most of issues with his driving from last year haven't been issues this year. I just don't like him particually. and it's a results business, and Max has done the business.

I hope next season Leclerc and Lewis and George all mount serious challenges and if Sainz and Perex can also fight it a bit that'd help make the season more interesting.

and Checo dude, have a chat with Nico Rosberg, if you're going to ever have a shot that's the way you're going to have to do it, you're in the later days of your career anyway, so it's not like you're going to be runing future moves.

Checo always comes across as a thoroughly decent bloke. In case Verstappen had forgotten, the reason he ''won'' in Abu Dhabi last year was largely down to Perez holding up Hamilton for him and making him miss the pit window for new tyres, or the scenes later on that day wouldn't have been an issue. Checo is a great number two driver to have, it makes absolutely no sense for him to behave in this way. Well, for a rational human. But Verstappen still has no emotional control. 

Max is a brilliant driver, but you saw again today, he can't race wheel to wheel with Hamilton very well. If he's under pressure next year, expect the erratic and emotional side of him to come back out. Hamilton, Russell and Leclerc are all capable of pushing him the whole way in the right machinery. 

Max can't race with Hamilton because Hamilton is one of the few drivers who doesn't automatically think "I'll leave extra room for Max because you know what he is like". Max races with a 'move or we both crash' mentality, Hamilton stands his ground.

As for the nonsense with Checo, it just shows you who Max is. The lad is a petulant, selfish little tit. It's not really surprising given the role model his Dad provided for him and the fact the entire Red Bull set up seems to have been designed to treat him like the special little princess he is. They have created this monster, now the monster thinks it's running the team.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The line from Max fans is apparently it was payback for Checo crashing in Monaco qualifying (on purpose) and denying max his lap.

Which I don't think is better?

Shame he can't remember all the times Perez has supported him. 

Early signs of dementia maybe. Or just a seeyounexttuesday?

I've seen the state of Verstappen fans. Many are the rage against the machine types that cheer Lewis crashing and defend stuff like this with "why should he let Perez pass?" 

They're the type that think his and RB bitter attitude is some sort of rebellion against The Man. Average mental age of 15. 

Perez is too decent for them. 

Max is a great driver of course but I still think we got a glimpse that under pressure he's going to cross the line. Which is fine. But he can't take it when someone else does it go him. 

If Leclerc beats Perez next week I wonder how the Xmas party will be at RB. Perez is probably too nice to throw a wobbler though 

Oh didn't my Max, my glorious Max, my beautiful Max also basically say he was ok with ruining Hamilton's race because it didn't cost Max anything? Did I hear that right? 

I've not even looked what Horner had to say but I can guess it's something about being surprised because Max is such a great team player and that at the end of the day these guys are racers. That kind of thing. 

"Lewis has never praised my Max"

Gimp. 

46 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh didn't my Max, my glorious Max, my beautiful Max also basically say he was ok with ruining Hamilton's race because it didn't cost Max anything? Did I hear that right? 

I've not even looked what Horner had to say but I can guess it's something about being surprised because Max is such a great team player and that at the end of the day these guys are racers. That kind of thing. 

Gimp. 

You did hear that right. Max wasn't having fun, so nobody else was allowed to have fun because that wouldn't be fair. 

I think present Redbull are the most unlikeable F1 team I've ever seen. Rotten all the way up. Checo is the only redeeming factor. 

51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Gimp. 

It was a return to 21 max Verstappen "he wasn't going to get out of my way so I crashed into him" - I did think it was more racing incident than totally Max doing a mad lunge but, dude, you seriously not learnt that unless it's Checo drivers aren't supposed to get out of your way. They can defend against you!

Perhaps when he gets a more serious challenge next season he'll revert to his less mature moves.