The Administration Thread

Boycie

11 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I really hope we don’t go after another club. I’d hate for another set of fans to be going through what we’re going through at the minute.

I really hope we go after the EFL though. And once we’ve hopefully come out the other side of this with a new owner, as a set of fans we need to keep up the pressure on the EFL and help send them into oblivion.

Maybe that is the accord with Gibson ? As it has all been passed on to the administrators 

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would folk feel differently if we sued the EFL, Not Reading?

Well it would be nice to have how we have been treated aired publicly so that everyone knows what has happened to us and why because there is no way we are to blame for all of what has gone on. - I just want the truth to be told 

9 hours ago, David said:

I love and hate this idea.

Love the idea to give the EFL another headache, they allowed this with the way they have handled it.

I hate the idea as Reading are an innocent party in this, I would be a hypocrite.

How can I sit here after 4 months of reading rules and regulations explaining why Boro have no claim and then support this, knowing the stress Reading fans would be going through?

I want the EFL to recognise just what they have done, but not sure I can with a clear conscious agree.

I hope that it's decided on the pitch and doesn't come down to just 3 points difference.

What will really piss me off is when we hear Boro have voted in favour of clarifying rules to make it clear no club can sue another clue.

Bookmark this post. It will happen. 

Sidenote, surely this would be down to the new owners to decide, not the administrators?

ALthough I think there is some truth in it , of course it is the sun and alan Nixon so garbled as usual. A "ruling" by law firm Stephenson Harwood? what is he talking about? They aren't Judges are they how can they make a ruling?

DCFC should go after EFL, just as Boro or Wycombe should have done.

I agree we shouldn't go after Reading. We have been unfairly treated compared to them on embargoes i have said as much. But that isn't Reading's fault.     

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

ALthough I think there is some truth in it , of course it is the sun and alan Nixon so garbled as usual. A "ruling" by law firm Stephenson Harwood? what is he talking about? They aren't Judges are they how can they make a ruling?

I agree we shouldn't go after Reading. We have been unfairly treated compared to them on embargoes i have said as much. But that isn't Reading's fault.     

Whilst the the EFL have board members there like Risdale you can’t help but feel that they don’t need much persuasion to be helpful towards Reading FC ? it’s not like he has been suspended for having money in his bank account that shouldn’t be there is it. 

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s strange really that most other clubs followers believe we should be punished more ( despite not knowing what we were punished for) whilst they view Reading FC as a minor issue despite them massively and deliberately over spending whereas we were bending the interpretation of the rules/guidelines. Then again the EFL imposed a punishment on Birmingham that could have no material impact on their league status at nearly the end of the season and Sheffield Wednesday it wasn’t imposed because it wouldn’t allow any time to respond on the pitch. Consistent in not being consistent leaves the EFL open to accusations 

It doesn't help that you get gibson throwing his toys out of the pram "systematic cheating " and all that.. allegations he had no right to make and weren't true anyway. And then you have the EFL piling in saying we deserve to be relegated , disappointed we weren't etc. And pushing the stuff in the media about it all being self inflicted , not EFL or Boro or anyone else fault except DCFC. Sure DCFC (or rather Morris) has to take responsibility for sailng so close to the wind on FFP but even so.   

So then fans of other clubs swallow all these lies and it gets passed around. Pure muck raking, but we just have to live with it and ignore it.   

Isn’t it just a bit of classic Nixon where he only has half the story but because he needs the exclusive he puts it out there. Imagine there’s a lot more to it and it’s maybe been a half veiled threat whilst in negotiations that spilled out the EFL side (Nixon and Percy seemingly have very few contacts Derby side now and it’s not in our interests to let this leak).

Lets see it play out, don’t think it’s anything that needs too much thought this week. Lots of football related matters to sink ourselves into without even considering any admin stuff!

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst the the EFL have board members there like Risdale you can’t help but feel that they don’t need much persuasion to be helpful towards Reading FC ? it’s not like he has been suspended for having money in his bank account that shouldn’t be there is it. 

I have said it before and will continue to do so. The EFL have Peter Ridsdale on their board. The same Peter Ridsdale who was banned from being a director of any company from 2012-2020 for siphoning £350k into his personal bank account not a business account. 

The EFL ladies and gentlemen, rotten to the core. 

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I have said it before and will continue to do so. The EFL have Peter Ridsdale on their board. The same Peter Ridsdale who was banned from being a director of any company from 2012-2020 for siphoning £350k into his personal bank account not a business account. 

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

On the plus side, he did completely financially duck-up Leeds Utd for about 10 years leaving them in football oblivion. He’s not all bad.

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

I still think is unfair how Reading only got a minus 6 after we got 9. I hope the EFL swiftly rectify this so can all move on. The fact it will help us stay up is a bonus ?

I'm not sure we can claim that we have been treated  more harshly than Reading. I think the option they chose was available to Derby but we chose the nine points option.

Reading chose to go down a different route to Derby in the agreements they arrived at with the EFL. Reading agreed to being subjected to a business plan which extends to the end of the 2022-23 season. If they breach that plan they will be subjected to a further six points penalty, which means in effect that their penalty was 12 points but with six suspended. I seem to recall that in reaching our own agreement, DCFC declined the option of a two year plan, which I think was sensible in our position because it could restrict the plans of our new owners who will hopefully be in place for next season.

Our focus on Reading should be on the football field because I think we are all agreed that if we can pull clear of them then we have every chance of making the great escape. We have a manager who has shocked the football world with the outstanding motivational skills he has displayed this season. I have been warmed by what I have seen of the Reading and Hull managers in recent weeks because they seem hopelessly lacking the ability to motivate a team in a relegation dog fight, in my opinion.

While Reading and Peterborough are obviously teams we need to be looking to overtake I have not given up on bridging the gap to Hull. I don't think I would saying that if Grant McCann was still in charge there but when I watched the Sky recording of Avelardze's post match interview my eyes lit up because he was so defeatist. The Hull fans are very vocal about his tactical deficiencies. He could be a massive Achilles heel for Hull,

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I'm not sure we can claim that we have been treated  harshly than Reading. I think the option they chose was available to Derby but we chose the nine points option.

Reading chose to go down a different route to Derby in the agreements they arrived at with the EFL. Reading agreed to being subjected to a business plan which extends to the end of the 2022-23 season. If they breach that plan they will be subjected to a further six points penalty, which means in effect that their penalty was 12 points but with six suspended. I seem to recall that in reaching our own agreement, DCFC declined the option of a two year plan, which I think was sensible in our position because it could restrict the plans of our new owners who will hopefully be in place for next season.

Our focus on Reading should be on the football field because I think we are all agreed that if we can pull clear of them then we have every chance of making the great escape. We have a manager who has shocked the football world with the outstanding motivational skills he has displayed this season. I have been warmed by what I have seen of the Reading and Hull managers in recent weeks because they seem hopelessly lacking the ability to motivate a team in a relegation dog fight, in my opinion.

While Reading and Peterborough are obviously teams we need to be looking to overtake I have not given up on bridging the gap to Hull. I don't think I would saying that if Grant McCann was still in charge there but when I watched the Sky recording of Avelardze's post match interview my eyes lit up because he was so defeatist. The Hull fans are very vocal about his tactical deficiencies. He could be a massive Achilles heel for Hull,

Continuing the hard embago since january. Losing Jags, Shinnie and so on. We didn't sign up to that.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Continuing the hard embago since january. Losing Jags, Shinnie and so on. We didn't sign up to that.

I totally agree Pete but that's a different argument. It has nothing to do with the points penalties imposed upon the clubs.

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Interesting article. I see your point regarding Stephenson Harwood in the first para, but really there is no need to be too harsh on Nixon. He is writing for Sun readers after all.

I must be in a club of one in thinking that we do go after both the EFL and Reading if there is anything in the legal guidance that the EFL were given by Stephenson Harwood, that has been not used equitably in the EFL v Reading decision (compared to the EFL v Derby decision). Well I say club of one, I bet Mike Ashley is with me.

The most important thing is that the EFL apply their rules fairly for the benefit of all their members. That is what they keep telling us. If they haven’t why not bring them to account, dragging in Reading too. We would be helping all the other 68 league clubs after all, who have been totally silent whilst Boro and Wycombe pick at our bones.

43 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Isn’t it just a bit of classic Nixon where he only has half the story but because he needs the exclusive he puts it out there. Imagine there’s a lot more to it and it’s maybe been a half veiled threat whilst in negotiations that spilled out the EFL side (Nixon and Percy seemingly have very few contacts Derby side now and it’s not in our interests to let this leak).

Lets see it play out, don’t think it’s anything that needs too much thought this week. Lots of football related matters to sink ourselves into without even considering any admin stuff!

I think Reading have to re submit accounts on March 1st or/and face a the suspended 6 points activated if they are not what was required - I know they moved on the very expensive Moore to Stoke and lost a goalkeeper and Pukas but they did bring in Ince who isn’t cheap from Stoke ( who has helped them get 2 goals so far) - their attendances can’t have helped financially so it will get very interesting regarding their finances and how the lovely EFL choose to look into them ?