The Administration Thread

Boycie

44 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Meanwhile. Nottingham Forest have just sold Carvalho to Olympiakos.

Olympiakos is obviously the other club their chairman owns.

So essentially Carvalho could be worth £2 million. But could sign for Olympiakos for £10 million.

How this is allowed to happen is beyond me. 

Not to mention the amount of random players Forest sign on the cheap that end up in Greece.

Incredible that the EFL allow this to happen.

They have done nothing to stop Watford for years - the only hope for transparency of any kind is for the financial authorities in all the countries to actually follow the money as the football people won’t 

46 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So essentially Carvalho could be worth £2 million. But could sign for Olympiakos for £10 million.

Not to mention the amount of random players Forest sign on the cheap that end up in Greece.

Need to raise this with Mr Maguire as he only wants what is best for football!

8 hours ago, David said:

Correct.

Football creditor ruling would just decide if we could potentially be £50m or 25% of that which is a huge issue, not a neither here or there as suggested.

If we weren't in administration, arbitration would be just on the claim itself, we would have no choice but to fight it if brought against us, but don't think for a second this will ever happen again.

The very next EFL meeting you can bet your life they will pass a new rule that prevents a repeat of this in future. 

You mean the very next EFL meeting after we have had to pay out or been liquidated?

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And the admins cannot legally "do a deal" as they would be breaking insolvency law by not protecting assets for the benefit of the other creditors. So they could be sued. 

So that is not an option for the admins. 

So without that route, was there any other way out? 

Whilst I totally agree why has it taken this long to get here?

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Which is exactly why we need to file a mirror claim against QPR before that ruling as insurance. 

Too late for QPR or Bournemouth. There is a six year statutory time limit on bringing civil claims. No point in us going after Villa because we were on just as dodgy grounds as they were when they beat us at Wembley.

17 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

And the admins cannot legally "do a deal" as they would be breaking insolvency law by not protecting assets for the benefit of the other creditors. So they could be sued. 

So that is not an option for the admins. 

So without that route, was there any other way out? 

Ok. But you don’t put your life on a 50/50 bet either!! So you’re saying they are a football creditor now are you?

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Have they announced its £10million?

11 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Too late for QPR or Bournemouth. There is a six year statutory time limit on bringing civil claims. No point in us going after Villa because we were on just as dodgy grounds as they were when they beat us at Wembley.

But is there any time limit on EFL arbitration?

3 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Exactly this should have been done before christmas. Think only political pressure that has made it happen. My worry is that other parties will have been prepared for months? Will we be underprepared?

No. We have had advice from three sets of senior counsel for some weeks and we would not be pushing for the fast track to arbitration unless counsel said they are ready to go. So bring it on now. Better than dying from a thousand cuts.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

For me, the arbitration panel has got 5 questions to answer:-

1 - Did DCFC knowingly break the rules?

2 - Did breaking the rules give them any sort of sporting advantage?

3 - Did this advantage stop Boro reaching the play offs?

4 - Would Boro have won the play offs?

5 - What NET amount did Boro not being promoted realistically deprive them of?

Unless answers 1 to 4 are all yes, there is no large claim for Boro. 

If answers 1 to 3 are all yes but 4 no, then there may be a claim for the play off gate receipts.

I think 4 is wrong. In a civil case it's going to be about likely, not definite outcomes. 4 should be, 'what was the percentage chance of Boro getting promoted?'

4 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

No. We have had advice from three sets of senior counsel for some weeks and we would not be pushing for the fast track to arbitration unless counsel said they are ready to go. So bring it on now. Better than dying from a thousand cuts.

Exactly this

36 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

And as you can see Q said the advice from counsel is that the claims will fail. If so the football creditors status argument becomes superfluous because there is no claim. That is my point. So I have to agree with David on this. It's time to move on and if the EFL are not budging let's go to arbitration.

I certainly agree the claims will fail. What I don’t agree with is the suggestion that EFl is in a position to MAKE them go away.  

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

But is there any time limit on EFL arbitration?

The arbitration process is not under the EFL jurisdiction. It is independent arbitration under the law of England & Wales. The six year statutory time limits apply. We are trying to get rid of the EFL in this process, not embroil them further.

29 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

I was only joking about the minutes from last year. Mels tenure. Seems a long time ago now

It's fine, funny enough one of my "fans" mentioned me on Twitter last night, went to their profile and this, amongst others, is one of the things I'm getting hammered for.

I'm sure he will be reading and if anyone else is also wondering, a couple of things:-

1) Mel's name did not appear on the NDA. So to assume as he's gone, the NDA is invalid would be wrong.

2) It specifically said no time expiry.

As frustrating as it is for myself and other fans, I doubt they will ever see the light of day unless given written consent to publish as I'm not prepared to disregard a legally binding document.

If I'm going to get hammered for that, feel free I guess.

For what it's worth, without digging out the email with the attachment in to check, I doubt it would have any relevance now compared to what the current SCG are releasing. 

Which is worth pointing out still have to wait for approval before releasing. Not suggesting they are under NDA now, having been on both sides it's equally frustrating.