The Administration Thread

Boycie

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Read the statement (‘minutes’) that Q handed out at the last supporters group meeting. If you look carefully at their weasel like words you will see that Q has tried but failed to persuade a small army of QCs that the 2 are not football creditors. 
You don’t need to be a lawyer to know that M and W are football clubs and therefore - if they are awarded damages - they are football creditors. 

All the EFl has done on this issue is to point out to Q how the EFl rules work. We can blame the EFL  for plenty of things over the past couple of years but this is not one of them. Q has been sleepwalking towards this quicksand for 4 months 

Q tried to blame the EFL by saying the EFL rules go ‘against statute’. Fans have adopted that as gospel truth. But that claim sent the EFl into orbit and no one either on here or in the press has explained how they go against statute. Q certainly has not and now you will notice they have gone very very quiet on the point because they have finally understood it 

Just because they're football clubs it doesnt mean they will be football creditors? They havent provided any service etc to us unlike usual football creditors which usually relates to transfers etc

Edited by DCFC1388

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Read the statement (‘minutes’) that Q handed out at the last supporters group meeting. If you look carefully at their weasel like words you will see that Q has tried but failed to persuade a small army of QCs that the 2 are not football creditors. 
You don’t need to be a lawyer to know that M and W are football clubs and therefore - if they are awarded damages - they are football creditors. 

All the EFl has done on this issue is to point out to Q how the EFl rules work. We can blame the EFL  for plenty of things over the past couple of years but this is not one of them. Q has been sleepwalking towards this quicksand for 4 months 

Q tried to blame the EFL by saying the EFL rules go ‘against statute’. Fans have adopted that as gospel truth. But that claim sent the EFl into orbit and no one either on here or in the press has explained how they go against statute. Q certainly has not and now you will notice they have gone very very quiet on the point because they have finally understood it 

Pal good efforts but no cigar.

17 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The fact we are now ‘fast tracking’ the 2 claims suggests not 

I  think the administrators have decided to fast track this due to the obstinacy of the EFL in allowing the matter to drag on. We need resolution sooner rather than later. Q say that three separate senior counsel have looked at this on our behalf. The EFL are not moving on the matter so we have to force the issue. Fast tracking an arbitration hearing seems our most sensible course. We have to move forward because we seem to have made no progress since the parliamentary questions. The EFL, Boro and Wycombe all have time on their side. We do not have that luxury.

So let's get it done now. 

Time to ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK.

Edited by Guest

35 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

It's arbitration, not mediation.

Sincerely, someone who works for a mediation provider ?

Well check you out! ?

Rather handy having an inhouse expert, we all know who to grill now!

So... As someone who works for a mediation provider, can you confirm the difference please? My rudimental understanding is that arbitration actually delivers a binding agreement, whereas mediation merely seeks to do so.

Also, has it been confirmed it will be arbitration as yet? I thought oftentimes mediation preceded arbitration with the latter being implemented only if mediation failed to secure an mutual agreement. The reason I ask is that the difference in respective timeframes might be critical given our current precarious state. If it has already been confirmed that we will move straight to arbitration then I for one would welcome that. 

17 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Well check you out! ?

Rather handy having an inhouse expert, we all know who to grill now!

So... As someone who works for a mediation provider, can you confirm the difference please? My rudimental understanding is that arbitration actually delivers a binding agreement, whereas mediation merely seeks to do so.

Also, has it been confirmed it will be arbitration as yet? I thought oftentimes mediation preceded arbitration with the latter being implemented only if mediation failed to secure an mutual agreement. The reason I ask is that the difference in respective timeframes might be critical given our current precarious state. If it has already been confirmed that we will move straight to arbitration then I for one would welcome that. 

As you say, surely mediation would just be supporting/ encouraging the parties to agree on something.  Arbitration is the two parties giving the power of the decision to them to decide.

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just because they're football clubs it doesnt mean they will be football creditors? They havent provided any service etc to us unlike usual football creditors which usually relates to transfers etc

But (from memory) the EFL articles state that creditors who are clubs are football creditors. End of, that’s the way it’s written. So it doesn’t matter what the claim is for 

Honest to God, Q has tried to persuade 3 QCs that the claimants are not football creditors and has failed 

What you want us all to believe @kevinhectoring is that Quantuma failed to persuade 3 QC's that Boro and Wycombe are not football creditors, so with that they have decided that they will get a ruling on this through arbitration, presumedly represented by the QC's that were failed to be persuaded by Quantuma.

In what world would that make any sense at all?

It doesn't.

Quantuma's best move if told that would be to settle with Boro and Wycombe, rather than allow them to win football creditor status legally, would it not?

What would make sense is that Quantuma have been told that Boro and Wycombe have no case at all, do not payout, see if you can get the EFL to jump down off the fence, if not secure the funding and just go get this squashed legally, then there is nothing the EFL, Boro or Wycombe can do.

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

As you say, surely mediation would just be supporting/ encouraging the parties to agree on something.  Arbitration is the two parties giving the power of the decision to them to decide.

Do we know it'll be definitely be arbitration as yet? I can't find anything from non-media sources to confirm this. Nixon alludes to mediation AND arbitration in separate tweets / articles which ain't terribly helpful!

But if, as @Scott129 suggests, it's definitely arbitration, then this is potentially really good news, no? A guaranteed resolution, one way or t'other...