The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Interesting point on amount Gibson's claim. Definitely getting rattled

I was amazed this morning at how this article sought to minimize the impact of a Boro’s claim on our current position.

Sure hammer Mel Morris as much as you like, he’s earned it. But the current issue is Boro and WW’s claims.

As you point out this article was in part a, Gibson not the bad guy portrayal, and it certainly came from his camp!

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Prefer liquidation than paying £5-6 never mind £5-6 million for something as outrages as Middlesbrough claim 

Liquidation means end of Derby County but we are not going to pay Gibson anything with Carlisle Capital offer 

39 minutes ago, Curtains said:

That’s a different thing .

The administrators can name the preferred bidder the EFL have to find a good reason to fail them on fit and proper persons test.

No chance of Carlisle Capital failing that 

Thats what worries me. Efl need to find reason to deny takeover ! 

2 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Thats what worries me. Efl need to find reason to deny takeover ! 

They won’t find a reason.

They are not that stupid.

Carlise Capital will ignore Gibsons claim and he will have to take them to court after takeover completed .

Odds are Gibson will lose as claim has no credence 

12 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Is it Carlisle capital or the family that own the business?

Binnie family own Carlisle Capital so could be either I suppose .

The son Adam is said to be doing it I believe 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10427727/Private-investment-firm-Carlisle-Capital-make-formal-offer-Derbys-administrators.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17401057/Derby-takeover-carlisle-capital/

Edited by Curtains
Added

Isn't it the case that if it comes to selling players to fund the club we're dead anyway (won't generate enough to avoid liquidation / complete the season) so there's little point in having a fire sale of the players?

Obvuously, when that was explained to the EFL, presumably by showing some evidence of the level of bids recieved, the EFL said, there players and it's january, so err, sell them. We're really trying to help you.

9 minutes ago, Curtains said:

New poster, please forgive me for diving straight in, but in my opinion I reckon the sons Adam and Colin will be running the club more closely, but their dad will be bankrolling it. At least that is the feeling I get, as I'm not sure the sons have the money.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Isn't it the case that if it comes to selling players to fund the club we're dead anyway (won't generate enough to avoid liquidation / complete the season) so there's little point in having a fire sale of the players?

Obvuously, when that was explained to the EFL, presumably by showing some evidence of the level of bids recieved, the EFL said, there players and it's january, so err, sell them. We're really trying to help you.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17390870/Derby-administrators-efl-middlesbrough/

Sun article prior to yesterday’s Binnie offer .

Administrators are going to give their decision soon 

Edited by Curtains
Added

4 minutes ago, Jon Bon Pony said:

New poster, please forgive me for diving straight in, but in my opinion I reckon the sons Adam and Colin will be running the club more closely, but their dad will be bankrolling it. At least that is the feeling I get, as I'm not sure the sons have the money.

Sounds about right .

Administrators may have better offer of a preferred bidder for all we know but only Binnie offer has been mad public as of yet .

I think patience is still required but it’s loads more hopeful IMO

40 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I was amazed this morning at how this article sought to minimize the impact of a Boro’s claim on our current position.

Sure hammer Mel Morris as much as you like, he’s earned it. But the current issue is Boro and WW’s claims.

As you point out this article was in part a, Gibson not the bad guy portrayal, and it certainly came from his camp!

It's another Birch to Percy job... Lawton obviously gets the same emails from Birch and swallows every line. 

Morris is the convenient distraction. Yes he's ducks dup big time but e's history so why when  we have a current and present danger and enemy why focus on him now.  

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Sounds about right .

Administrators may have better offer of a preferred bidder for all we know but only Binnie offer has been mad public as of yet .

The significance with the Binnies is they've let it he known they'll accept liabilities from the Boro and Wycombe claims.

I think Appleby said his consortium was ready to go a few weeks ago, same as Kirchner was very public until his twitter tantrum.

The only one not to have any public "yes" I think is Ashley, although there 8s enough suggesting he is serious and we are the distressed business he typically looks to buy.

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It would come down to what the Admins thought would net them most £££ for the creditors. If liquidation was inevitable then there’d be a fire sale, cos if they didn’t and we were then liquidated after the window shuts then they, and by extension creditors, would get **** all. I’d take the fact that there’s positive noises re no more sales as a very good sign. Of course that could change next week if we still haven’t got a PB.

11 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Good luck with that… they don’t have electricity up there…

Of course they do….they just refer to it as magic.

Edited by StaffsRam

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Sounds about right .

Absolutely. Can see Appleby group upping their bid and think Ashley will leave it now that bids are coming in. Don't think it has gotten desperate enough for him to pick the club up super cheap and (for now at least) it doesn't seem as though it will quite get to being desperate enough.

Could easily be miles off though! ?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The significance with the Binnies is they've let it he known they'll accept liabilities from the Boro and Wycombe claims.

I think Appleby said his consortium was ready to go a few weeks ago, same as Kirchner was very public until his twitter tantrum.

The only one not to have any public "yes" I think is Ashley, although there 8s enough suggesting he is serious and we are the distressed business he typically looks to buy.

I’ve got a feeling Ashley will come in but will it be an offer that beats the Binnies !