The Administration Thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

His source then - Mel Morris

And he must have took him completely at his word and did 0 digging... if he's somehow talking to some people involved in the process (despite being out the game for over a decade now) he's likely to be doing the same thing. Claiming he knows things based on one source and not likely to be doing any fact checking because he's 'in the know' is the absolute opposite of responsible journalism. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

And he must have took him completely at his word and did 0 digging... if he's somehow talking to some people involved in the process (despite being out the game for over a decade now) he's likely to be doing the same thing. Claiming he knows things based on one source and not likely to be doing any fact checking because he's 'in the know' is the absolute opposite of responsible journalism. 

He knows Morris, he knows Gibson, he knows one of the admins, he knows people at the EFL…………..yet his info is as useful as a chocolate fire guard!

Strange

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

He’s not a journalist. He’s doing his job getting listeners and clicks. 

I think the admins used him to get certain stuff out, think he was involved in getting Hosking on TalkSport. I think Gibson is also using him now. 

Would I take everything he says as gospel? no, does he really know what’s going on as much as he makes out? Possibly not, does he know something? Yes, does he know what he’s talking about with administrations and business side of football? Yes because he’s been through it and got the scars. So it’s wrong to dismiss him as knowing duck all. 

Take what you hear from different places and form your own opinion. The key actors have chosen to play out this negotiation in public because they think it will achieve a better result.

Question around TV money

DCFC get a share of TV monies either at the begining of the season or throughout the season as Sky pay the EFL upfront i'm led to believe.

Individual games, I thought Sky pays that directly to the clubs who are on TV, If NOT!, Why would Sky pay the EFL to then pay each club, Are they on a cut for each game?

Just now, Ramarena said:

He knows Morris, he knows Gibson, he knows one of the admins, he knows people at the EFL…………..yet his info is as useful as a chocolate fire guard!

Strange

It's not that strange when you consider he hasn't been a football chairman since 2010 I believe. If he's been out of those circles for 11 years then you'd imagine those personal relationships he may have built up over the years he ran Palace have become diluted. I can't be bothered to trace back who was involved in football governance and ownership all the way back then but I'd imagine the landscape has changed significantly, meaning his 'knowledge' is likely to be worth less than it was. In any industry or profession if you're not on the 'inside' of it for over 10 years then you're not going to be as well informed as you were before. Just one of my issues with Jordan is that he pontificates about his time at Palace as if it were yesterday and pretends he's still an expert on things today when in reality it was a long time ago he was involved in that club. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not that strange when you consider he hasn't been a football chairman since 2010 I believe. If he's been out of those circles for 11 years then you'd imagine those personal relationships he may have built up over the years he ran Palace have become diluted. I can't be bothered to trace back who was involved in football governance and ownership all the way back then but I'd imagine the landscape has changed significantly, meaning his 'knowledge' is likely to be worth less than it was. In any industry or profession if you're not on the 'inside' of it for over 10 years then you're not going to be as well informed as you were before. Just one of my issues with Jordan is that he pontificates about his time at Palace as if it were yesterday and pretends he's still an expert on things today when in reality it was a long time ago he was involved in that club. 

Absolutely, I meant that he claims to know all these people and they give him info, yet the reality is he knows very little!

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

He’s not a journalist. He’s doing his job getting listeners and clicks. 

I think the admins used him to get certain stuff out, think he was involved in getting Hosking on TalkSport. I think Gibson is also using him now. 

Would I take everything he says as gospel? no, does he really know what’s going on as much as he makes out? Possibly not, does he know something? Yes, does he know what he’s talking about with administrations and business side of football? Yes because he’s been through it and got the scars. So it’s wrong to dismiss him as knowing duck all. 

Take what you hear from different places and form your own opinion. The key actors have chosen to play out this negotiation in public because they think it will achieve a better result.

My point is given the Alonso episode not sure how anyone can trust a word out of his mouth. Even when he was spouting off on talksport how serious Alonso was, plenty of people on twitter were coming up with lines of enquiry exposing what a charlatan that bloke was. But again he said it with such certainty and conviction because he was 'in the know' rather than deciding to think about whether the information he was receiving was correct. 

His discussion on talksport about our position and the EFL in my opinion highlighted why he shouldn't be on that show. But that's just me. I do take from different places and form my own opinion  but it makes me frustrated at Jordan.   It's obvious the club is in a desperate situation, people listen and take him seriously and then they get their hopes up or dashed based largely on what he says which is at best only likely to be a glimpse of the actual truth. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

10 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

Don't really get the requirement of proving funds at this stage. If we get pulled out of the league 1st Feb then the competition would already be compromised. 

image.gif.84c621a2a790af6508d0354bc67e7d2d.gif

The EFL won’t want this logic spreading, it dilutes their petty threats!

29 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

so if we're losing 1.75 million a month as a worst case atm that's a little over 5 million we need to find. 

Outgoings were about £410k per week (22/09-15/11). We'll be at about £380k following the recent departures.
With 15 weeks (and a day) until our final fixture, that's £5.7m.
Jozwiak's installment is due so let's just say Wiliams' fee cancels that out.
Ticket sales in that early part of the season were £767k for 4 games. A trend of increasing attendances will continue, so that's an extra £2m coming in.

£3.7m short give or take based on fees for the players mentioned.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Outgoings were about £410k per week (22/09-15/11). We'll be at about £380k following the recent departures.
Ticket sales in that early part of the season were £767k for 4 games. A trend of increasing attendances will continue, so that's an extra £2m coming in.

How much is his instalment for? would the efl accept ticket sale projections as 'proof of funding' based on an estimate or would they demand something more concrete?  

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Compensation for Rooney and his wages saved will cover some of that I should imagine.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's obvious the club is in a desperate situation, people listen and take him seriously and then they get their hopes up or dashed based largely on what he says which is at best only likely to be a glimpse of the actual truth. 

I think you have a point here not just about Jordan but generally. It’s our club, we’re the only ones who really care and we’re powerless to do anything about it. We want to know what’s happening as we assume nothing is happening if we don’t hear anything, so we grumble and fear the worst when we don’t hear anything, and we also grumble and fear the worst when we don’t like what we here. For whatever reason both sides are using the media and it’s creating a rollercoaster based on the differing positions. I think the main thing to take from today and yesterday is there is three bidders and the EFL haven’t set a cliff edge of Feb 1st, that is us running out of cash but the admins are confident that will be sorted, the other issues are messy and Gibson isn’t going away as much as we want him to. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

But I haven’t heard what Rooney’s said yet.