The Administration Thread

Boycie

How much dosh has Mel got left. He could salvage his reputation by doing the right thing and at least agreeing to be responsible for the £3 and £2.56 due to Boro and Wycombe. This would provide an indemnity for the new owners. Go on Mel and hand over the ground for £0.00 while your at it.

Well. What a poo day this has been for the staff, players and fans.

'Speeding' fine today on top of it all for doing 34 in a 30 mph area.(Only my second in 43 years) Life sucks sometimes. Good luck, Jags. So sad to see you go. Feels like one of those days when nothing goes your way and the fates conspire.☹️

Edited by Miggins

1 minute ago, Miggins said:

Well. What a poo day this has been for the staff, players and fans.

'Speeding' fine on top of it all for doing 34 in a 30 mph area.(Only my second in 43 years) Life sucks sometimes. Good luck, Jags. So sad to see you go. Feels like one of those days when nothing goes your way and the fates conspire.☹️

Commiserations mate. I’ve spent the afternoon moving 2 tons of Earth with a spade and wheelbarrow. Got into the zone And imagined I was digging up Boro’s pitch. I am also disappointed to see Jags go, good organiser at the back. Where do we go from here ?

31 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Ok… here goes… the first part you’ll know and probably have read but the other comes from the Admin who spoke to my friend directly this morning. This is my written explanation of what he told me so my words not his…

So Admin spoke to your 'relative' who works in the media. Why isn't it being splashed over the media then, they'll write or show any old story going? Could it be they don't believe your 'relative'?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So Admin spoke to your 'relative' who works in the media. Why isn't it being splashed over the media then, they'll write or show any old story going? Could it be they don't believe your 'relative'?

You need prove or you get sued 

34 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Listen up people..this is fact, Ive just had an email from a very reliable source...please read this is NO wind up.

Ok… here goes… the first part you’ll know and probably have read but the other comes from the Admin who spoke to my friend directly this morning. This is my written explanation of what he told me so my words not his…

So it seems that the administrators went to the meeting with the EFL yesterday with the expectation that they would leave the meeting being able to name the PB. To do this the EFL stated that DCFC had to fulfil their obligation to show proof of funds and see out the season. Q said we’ll do this via loans until the point at which we name the PB, after which they will put £X of million into the club to see it through to the end of the season – sound plan and one that gives everyone hope / optimism / security. The EFL then said ‘what about the Middlesbrough and Wycombe claims?’ Q answered that ‘legally’ that has no authority and even if it did then they were very confident that they would win the case based on the reality that it has no factual merit and their advice, plus they have followed instruction and rules. The EFL then took the stance that ‘well until this is resolved you cannot name the PB’ which may well be in breach of their own rule book and is certainly a subjective take on how to apply things. Essentially; they are able do what they want and definitely interpret things under the banner of doing so on behalf of their members (excluding Derby obvs). This has caused the latest stand-off and today’s repercussions re. Jagielka.

What the Admin / my pal’s take is, is that there is a definite agenda here to punish Derby as heavily as possible. The fact that they have earned the points they have and have bread hope, has in turn led to the feeling that the punishment is not strong enough and that this could set a dangerous precedent for other clubs to break the rules (should Derby achieve the impossible). Clubs are obviously bitter about that and in some ways, I think that’s fair enough and we’d likely feel the same. The issue now quickly shifts towards the fact that the EFL are using these claims as a delaying tactic to push Derby into more uncertainty and force them to either sell players very cheaply (which devalues the club) or persuade the new PB to pay off Middlesbrough and Wycombe (despite the fact there is little legal standing to their claims and the fact the EFL are largely responsible for the delayed timing of the second). My take on that is that whilst morally these clubs, others in the league and the EFL have reason to be pissed off with Derby – it’s a very legally problematic, ambiguous and negatively motivated way of enforcing them – it’s not based on the law nor is it objective / balanced. I’m sure that if there were more time available then Admin would fight it and win but that doesn’t appear to be an option given certain deadlines that are needed to be met.

What he also said was that the Admin have firm proof that the EFL are directly leaking stories to the press – in particular John Percy and specifically via Trevor Birch – for their own agenda.

Where this leaves things is anyone’s guess. There’s definitely a feel within the club that the players, staff and admin are all pulling for the same thing (as are the fans) but the EFL are hell bent on crushing them. Had we earned no points and been adrift then I’m sure none of this would have happened as relegation would have been the punishment, they felt appropriate. The key to unlocking the situation seems to be resolving the the claims by M and W. The fact that they are allowed to get away with this and have the backing of the EFL stinks to poo imo and may well be illegal, even if there is some moral merit surely this sets a crazy precedent for every other similar situation in future?

I said when we we had 21 points deducted (and this morning to a mate), the worse thing we could do/could have done, is win games. 

I knew the EFL would hate it if it started to look like we could have got out of it.

Their behaviour is nothing short of horrific and surely to God their stance on baseless claims from Wycombe and Boro should be their undoing?

15 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

How much dosh has Mel got left. He could salvage his reputation by doing the right thing and at least agreeing to be responsible for the £3 and £2.56 due to Boro and Wycombe. This would provide an indemnity for the new owners. Go on Mel and hand over the ground for £0.00 while your at it.

He has no morals hence the reason why we are in this mess in the first place.

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Commiserations mate. I’ve spent the afternoon moving 2 tons of Earth with a spade and wheelbarrow. Got into the zone And imagined I was digging up Boro’s pitch. I am also disappointed to see Jags go, good organiser at the back. Where do we go from here ?

Ummm, where indeed do we go from here. Good question, @Hintons boots.

Based on how I feel at the moment? To hell in a handcart!

But tomorrow I'll be back to my normal chirpy self!

I'm guessing that you were digging Boro's pitch in order to lay new turf. Just make sure to sow lots of Japanese Knotweed, Himalyam Balsam, bamboo and other dreadfully invasive and pernicious weeds in the sod before the turf is laid. Then sod the lot!!

I'm sure the Admin have thought of it, but with the Academy moves of Delap/Gordon and others to other clubs, I wonder if Admin have approached City/Liverpool... etc to see how much they'd sell future clauses for?  Apparently both deals could increase a decent amount with appearances/internationals/sell on... etc

Could be a good way to raise some funds to evidence seeing out the season ASAP.  Has it been stated a general fee of how much is needed to see the season out?

No-one wants to see sales, but if liquidation is a genuine possibility, then sell players, sort out the rest of the season and then it assists with cementing a PB and therefore purchase of the club.  Championship or L1, that's what matters.  I mentioned some time ago players should be sold as it made total sense, feels like Q have been pissing about clinging onto ignorant hope it would all fall into place, it hasn't and it's only got worse.