The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, rammieib said:

MM is in a stronger position now to obtain his demands IMO.

But also in the best position to possibly lose the best offer he's ever going to get. I just hope that Morris doesn't mess this up a minute before midnight on May 31st because then we really would be in trouble.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I agree Lawrence won’t say. 

But interesting you’re back online with your negative slant on things after disappearing before a certain Forest playoff game last night? ?

Never disappeared.

I posted several times yesterday.

Anyone I'm not being negative,  just realistic. There is no way Lawrence will stay. Too good for L1, will get better offers and DCFC will not be allowed to pay a wage he would want.

21 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

We can't afford Lawrence. His wages are far too high for our budget. It doesn't matter whether CK is worth £5m or £5bn he can only put a finite amount of money into the club without breaking FFP. 

We will be operating on a similar or even smaller budget than many League 1 clubs due to us having to pay creditors 35% over three years which will have to come out of club income.

Tough road ahead still. 

True, I very much doubt he’ll be here next season in league 1. He’ll want to get back into the Wales squad. There are already plenty of clubs queuing up for his signature. I get all this loyalty to Rooney etc and being captain but he just won’t stay. He’ll want to play at a higher level and a higher wage which will be best for him and the club, probably true about Bielik and Poland also 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Oh right you are referring to when he initially bought the Stadium.

I’m not sure it’s right that he was allowed to not put the Stadium into administration as well as the club as it has made buying the club extremely difficult.

If the "company " that owns the Stadium is not in financial difficulty then why would he?

34 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I agree that Derby definitely require a striker capable of scoring at least 15 goals. It costs to outbid other clubs to sign a player like that.

A player like that is more likely to come from league one, than from a higher league. League one clubs are not going to want to let their 15 goals a season strikers leave for Derby.

I doubt very much that we're going to plash a great deal of cash on players, There'll be plenty of players who will be free agents, Now getting that elusive striker that scores 15+ goals will either cost or we'll be very lucky and get a free, Port Vale let Harry McKirdy go to Swindon Town as he wasn't cutting it with PV, Now he's at Swindon he's their top scorer with 20+ goals I believe.

We need a focal point up front as you say, He's out there but finding him along with other clubs could make things a little tough, But we have a few of aces in the pack, Great training facilities, A manager that's world renowned and hopefully a Stadium to play in with support that could top 30k a week.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But also in the best position to possibly lose the best offer he's ever going to get. I just hope that Morris doesn't mess this up a minute before midnight on May 31st because then we really would be in trouble.

I think that’s the annoying thing with Morris right now, all previous business dealings have shown he will be quite happy to take it to the deadline or even beyond it. 

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think that’s the annoying thing with Morris right now, all previous business dealings have shown he will be quite happy to take it to the deadline or even beyond it. 

I'm sure the potential buyers know that.

41 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's true that she seems to exhibit passion for certain things when she wants to, but her record of voting is abysmal and doesn't reflect what she says. I don't actually think she has any interest at all in football, but she realises that Derby is a passionate football town and that way lies votes...

She's a season ticket holder, as is Pauline Latham.

I know Amanda quite well, and she works very hard on a number of issues, the football club being only one of them. She's a huge champion for mental health, for example. 

Like most MPs who want to keep their jobs, she follows the party whip on voting.

I don't share her politics, but it saddens me to see her name being besmirched because of them. 

9 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

True, I very much doubt he’ll be here next season in league 1. He’ll want to get back into the Wales squad. There are already plenty of clubs queuing up for his signature. I get all this loyalty to Rooney etc and being captain but he just won’t stay. He’ll want to play at a higher level and a higher wage which will be best for him and the club, probably true about Bielik and Poland also 

It depends on how much he's bought into the Rooney way. Rooney will be targeting back to back promotions. Small wage upfront, but with high bonuses and/or promotion wage rises will be the likely offer.

The Wales manager has shown no indication of ever calling Lawrence up ever again. With Bale, Wilson, James, Matondo, Johnson, Brooks and Roberts all ahead of him in the manager's pecking order, Lawrence has likely resigned himself to that too

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It depends on how much he's bought into the Rooney way. Rooney will be targeting back to back promotions. Small wage upfront, but with high bonuses and/or promotion wage rises will be the likely offer.

The Wales manager has shown no indication of ever calling Lawrence up ever again. With Bale, Wilson, James, Matondo, Johnson, Brooks and Roberts all ahead of him in the manager's pecking order, Lawrence has likely resigned himself to that too

True but he’s not so young anymore and can’t see him risking staying a couple of seasons or longer in LG 1 when some of the higher end Champ clubs will come in for him, paying much more 

24 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

If the "company " that owns the Stadium is not in financial difficulty then why would he?

What income is the football stadium going to generate with no football team operating there?

A few events a year - corporate work during the day, rent from Greggs or the Yard. It's hardly going to cover its operating costs, let alone cover his mortgage payment.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I get the feeling he's quite settled in Derby too, I'm sure he's spoken about it before. So that's another reason he might want to stay.

I'm still expecting him to rock up at a top-half championship team though.

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And has also picked players from league 1 in his squads recently (Johnny Williams, Joe Morrell are two I can think of).

I get it is probable that Lawrence will move on, but again as with so much of this situation we can only speculate on the likely outcomes. He might move on for a higher league and more money, he might stick with this group of colleagues, the club that’s stood by him during difficult personal times, and give his all to lead us back up the leagues ??‍♂️ 

Personally I think he’ll move on, and I wish him well if he does. 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And has also picked players from league 1 in his squads recently (Johnny Williams, Joe Morrell are two I can think of).

I get it is probable that Lawrence will move on, but again as with so much of this situation we can only speculate on the likely outcomes. He might move on for a higher league and more money, he might stick with this group of colleagues, the club that’s stood by him during difficult personal times, and give his all to lead us back up the leagues ??‍♂️ 

Personally I think he’ll move on, and I wish him well if he does. 

No coincidence that our purple patch last season coincided with a number of superb goals from TL. But he’s got ankles of Welsh porcelain and I’d fear he could spend most of a season in div 1 on the physio’s table 

3 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/league-one-promotion-permutations-wigan-win-title-who-make-play-offs-1594139

In a league with a whole host of big clubs and big fanbases, 80 points might not be enough even for a play-off berth.

For 80 points to be the high watermark required to sneak into the play-offs is extraordinary. To put it into context Oxford, who will miss out with a current tally 75 points, would have made it into the top six in each of the last 11 seasons. As it is Sunderland may need 83 to qualify for the play-offs for the third year in succession and cap a strange season at the Stadium of Light.

A quality team will be required to win promotion from league one.

The club's at the top of league one have better strikers than dcfc. Lawrence is our best striker, and he's leaving on a free.

I don't believe that players at the end of their careers and young loan players, will be enough to win promotion next season.

Coming out of administration is just the start of the journey, we might also be restricted on transfers next season by the efl.

In any case signing players in League one could be challenging with the competition for quality players in that league.

I have rose tinted glasses do I see it a little differently. There is Steve mc at man u. Youth players going from us to Liverpool and Chelsea who know what out academy and Rooney can do with youngsters. Rooney's name will also help bring in slightly older players who want to be part of what he does. Even older players have shown they want to be part of it , thinking Curtis and the centre half that went to Stoke. Getting Rooney to sign a new contract is key to that lot. Without Rooney I think what you say stands up, with Rooney and what he did last year things change

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I doubt very much that we're going to plash a great deal of cash on players, There'll be plenty of players who will be free agents, Now getting that elusive striker that scores 15+ goals will either cost or we'll be very lucky and get a free, Port Vale let Harry McKirdy go to Swindon Town as he wasn't cutting it with PV, Now he's at Swindon he's their top scorer with 20+ goals I believe.

We need a focal point up front as you say, He's out there but finding him along with other clubs could make things a little tough, But we have a few of aces in the pack, Great training facilities, A manager that's world renowned and hopefully a Stadium to play in with support that could top 30k a week.

The stadium isn't a pull factor, we might get crowds of 20000 next season.

This season, while in the championship we averaged 22000.