The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think taking over/buying out Mickleover may well be the only if things don't change. At least it has some facilities, a ground and is in Derby so the foundations are there.

... and I can walk there in less than 15 minutes. 

No good pubs to drink in pre game though. 

2 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

... and I can walk there in less than 15 minutes. 

No good pubs to drink in pre game though. 

There’s the old station pub, don’t be so sniffy.  I bet they have one real ale on.

I’m generally glass half full and quite optimistic about the Rams. Have always looked on the positive side throughout this and given parties the benefit of the doubt. 

I was hearing noises last week about progress being made and focus on the end game, info from people outside of the negotiation but community leaders who are involved. Been told it’s now radio silence and no one knows anything. Hearing this after Q’s statement last night makes me extremely concerned.

Listened to RD tonight and think Ed’s on the money, how can he be told Appleby’s bud meets all the criteria in the Quantuma letter yet they maintain they haven’t had a bid sufficient to retain golden share apart from Kirchner? Either Appleby is misguided about this bid, the goalposts have changed and Q haven’t bothered to tell him (therefore incompetent), another reason due to a certain stakeholder/creditor/club killer having too much say in the process, or something completely left field like they are now only talking to Ashley or even Kirchners money is going to land this week and he takes over the club. Or, Q are 100% open in saying no one is willing to even pay what’s needed to satisfy EFL creditor criteria for the golden share (after paying Q’s fees which of course is the most important thing here!) If it really is the latter, I can’t see anyway how it will be resolved. But it won’t be a slow death, we’ll try and limp through next season playing kids and have a painful humiliating relegation to league two, just to tick that box of being in all 4 leagues before calling it a day after 139 years.

This is the lowest I’ve felt about the whole process and whatever happens, even if we have a positive outcome and we’re saved, next season will be a painful one and I’m struggling to keep the stomach for the fight. It hurts too much.

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I’m generally glass half full and quite optimistic about the Rams. Have always looked on the positive side throughout this and given parties the benefit of the doubt. 

I was hearing noises last week about progress being made and focus on the end game, info from people outside of the negotiation but community leaders who are involved. Been told it’s now radio silence and no one knows anything. Hearing this after Q’s statement last night makes me extremely concerned.

Listened to RD tonight and think Ed’s on the money, how can he be told Appleby’s bud meets all the criteria in the Quantuma letter yet they maintain they haven’t had a bid sufficient to retain golden share apart from Kirchner? Either Appleby is misguided about this bid, the goalposts have changed and Q haven’t bothered to tell him (therefore incompetent), another reason due to a certain stakeholder/creditor/club killer having too much say in the process, or something completely left field like they are now only talking to Ashley or even Kirchners money is going to land this week and he takes over the club. Or, Q are 100% open in saying no one is willing to even pay what’s needed to satisfy EFL creditor criteria for the golden share (after paying Q’s fees which of course is the most important thing here!) If it really is the latter, I can’t see anyway how it will be resolved. But it won’t be a slow death, we’ll try and limp through next season playing kids and have a painful humiliating relegation to league two, just to tick that box of being in all 4 leagues before calling it a day after 139 years.

This is the lowest I’ve felt about the whole process and whatever happens, even if we have a positive outcome and we’re saved, next season will be a painful one and I’m struggling to keep the stomach for the fight. It hurts too much.

I know how you are feeling. Same here. Someone or something needs to put us out of our misery

If the worst were to happen and we dropped out of the Football League then sadly that's finito as far as my going to watch Is concerned and I'm sure the vast majority will feel the same. Every respect to the die-hards who would continue to follow Derby County (albeit under another name) but having been a supporter since 1979 and probably missed no more than a dozen home games since then, it just wouldn’t be the same.

Me going to watch my team would be no more so I pray that someone, anyone, even at this late stage, will come forward and rescue this great Club which means so much to so many people.

3 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

No No, that's the problem you see. 

Mickleover has hipster prices with nothing even approaching justification for them under the pretense that it's posh. Probably talking £5+ for a pint of Harvest Pale. 

That's cheap that is. Have to use my CAMRA card to get a pint of that less than a fiver around Notts. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Mickleover has hipster prices with nothing even approaching justification for them under the pretense that it's posh. Probably talking £5+ for a pint of Harvest Pale. 

Hole in the Wall and Nags Head certainly aren't that expensive, and have some good ales on. 

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Whether a deal is "compliant"  ie leaves enough to pay football creditors and satisfy the other creditors isn't something that a buyer can decide for themselves.. it's ultimately for Q and EFL to decide between them. Somebody on behalf of a bidder may have told Ed Dawes their bid is "compliant" but it doesn't mean that it is.   

20 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

The Vine used to be cheap 

9 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Hole in the Wall and Nags Head certainly aren't that expensive, and have some good ales on. 

I did go in the Nags head a few times in the Lampard season tbf, wasn't bad and they do alright for guest beers (nothing particularly great though) but I'd soon get bored if there on a more regular basis.

Hole In The Wall... just not a fan of Derby Brewing Company tbh and it wouldn't really cope with a few hundred football fans defending. 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The Vine used to be cheap 

You've got the Masons Arms too. 

`rubbish' was harsh but it's hard to compare these pubs to The Smithfield / Alex / Furnace with any enthusiasm! 

There's always the Honeycomb or the Robin (if that's still going?) but.. well, no. 

Edited by Coconut's Beard