The Administration Thread

Boycie

44 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He has said he doesn't want to be a contingency. But if he hasn't offered the best price that is why he is not the preferred bidder. He is probably not second or even third choice.

At least he’s actually got the cash 

44 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Respectfully disagree. It is possible for Derby to be self-sufficient when you compare our revenue to that of most of the EFL - we would be able to self fund decent wages & occasional transfers whilst rivals are having to get into debt to try and match us. Yes, it would probably mean selling young players at the optimal time to move the club along as a whole but it is certainly possible.

Luton have managed it, finished top 6 this season & they get a fraction of our crowds/revenue;

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2021/05/luton-town-in-profit.html

We wouldn't be able to compete with the clubs funded by parachute payments but that was the case anyway, whether self-sufficient or with an owner throwing money around. 

Unfortunately, that completely disregards all evidence. It is just wishful thinking - IMO Luton will not be 'that club' when the accounst are revealed.

Wages and transfer fees are so inflated in the Championship that it is impossible to be sustainable and remain in the division in the medium term without some 'scheme' eg Watford and Wolves.

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Not strictly true - ideally they want a deal that matches as that makes their job simple and allows them to conclude the deal quickly (which would reduce the complaints about the way they’ve handled things) - ultimately if CK can’t do the deal he’s agreed then Q have to negotiate with the interested parties and decide what is best for the creditors even if it’s significantly less than CK was offering and doesn’t meet the EFL minimum payment to avoid a points deduction.

I’ve said on here before that I think CK was paying over the odds given the level of value that is currently left in the club, so the remaining parties may well be reluctant to meet the currently agreed price…..

Ck’s bid was the lowest you could do to avoid a points penalty so anything less is a points penalty. To start with 15 points less with 5 players and just over a month to get 20 players in and gel is suicide. We need to start with 0 points 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Ck’s bid was the lowest you could do to avoid a points penalty so anything less is a points penalty. To start with 15 points less with 5 players and just over a month to get 20 players in and gel is suicide. We need to start with 0 points 

From a fans point of view you’re spot on - from a hard-nosed businessman looking at a 5-10 year investment, I’m not so sure….

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wonder if we’ll ever get the whole truth of the situation? Did they ignore him? Did he just sit there holding onto the purse strings tightly waiting for the chance to offer low amounts last minute? 

So frustrating isnt it. Press briefings from all and sundry. Everything contradicting. Absolute total and utter shambles. So unprofessional. The bright side seems to be that people do seem to want to buy us but presumably at some point they may all just say "s d it I dont need this grief"

11 minutes ago, Phuket Ram said:

Exactly. No. We have 2 weeks tops. Qualifying question number 1 "Can you complete in 2 weeks or less?" 

We don’t need to compete in 2 weeks, the start date for the league season is July 30th I believe, which is 5/6 weeks. It’s going to be a problem if we haven’t got a squad together and played some pre season games before then, but not catastrophic if the club survives. 
Say a takeover can happen or at the very least be in process within the next 2 weeks to satisfy the EFL, the new owner is able to convince Rooney and some of the current squad to stay giving us a core to build around and some continuity within the group, further supplement that with frees and loans of which there will still be plenty of options around, we might, MIGHT be able to start the season and do ok. Nothing is guaranteed in terms of success or failure yet. Time is most definitely of the essence, contracts expire at the end of this month, meaning there is a full months payroll due, along with all the other complications of planning for a new season. I’m hoping the bit in one of Q’s statements this week about the complex issues being resolved prior to them exchanging contracts with CK means the transaction is at a point where it can be relatively smooth compared to how it was 12 weeks ago 

Sorry @Phuket Ramjust realised I misread “complete” as “compete”….blinkin Covid brain ??‍♂️ I still stand by my optimistic summary of the situation and agree with you that we need the new owners to COMPLETE asap ? 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Brain wasn’t working, misread original post

11 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Unfortunately, that completely disregards all evidence. It is just wishful thinking - IMO Luton will not be 'that club' when the accounst are revealed.

Wages and transfer fees are so inflated in the Championship that it is impossible to be sustainable and remain in the division in the medium term without some 'scheme' eg Watford and Wolves.

The evidence is Luton have made profits in the Championship & then gone onto to finish top 6. How can that be wishful thinking & what do you know about their as yet unreleased accounts?!

Wages are inflated in the Championship because owners keep paying them. Owners that have a long term plan, put appropriate people in roles to achieve that plan & stand firm with financial discipline will be able to achieve success & do it within a budget. Too many owners of the larger clubs in the EFL are far too short term in their approach & can't abide any difficult spells as they don't want fans getting on their back. So they discard decent managers, make panic signings & pay the going rate for bang average players & 'Championship' experience.

Your earlier post referenced the difficulties Burton & Rotherham had staying within a budget & remaining competitive in the Championship but that would be entirely expected given their small crowds & revenue. To reiterate, Derby have a natural advantage over the vast majority of EFL clubs - not pretending it would be easy but our Academy successes & the value signings we were able to make this season on low wages point the way forward.

1 minute ago, Mckram said:

If MA has sent a letter dated today to Q effectively saying speak to me then it is worrying. 

Why? Q sent an email (letter) yesterday saying "as ck's money didn't show up, you can resume your interest"

ashley's team sent a response today saying "yes we're still interested"