The Administration Thread

Boycie

46 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Btw to those who say the club has no assets of value I would say any new owner would see the almost guaranteed income streams as the main asset. Yes this will go down for a period when we regroup in L1 but a long term view is that we will always generate good income flows in the Champ and at some stage we will return to the prem

OK about the first part of your quote not so sure about the last part - like to think that we would but thats based on hope rather than anything quantifiable unless you have access to a crystal ball that none of us else do. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Btw to those who say the club has no assets of value I would say any new owner would see the almost guaranteed income streams as the main asset. Yes this will go down for a period when we regroup in L1 but a long term view is that we will always generate good income flows in the Champ and at some stage we will return to the prem

Potential (or actual) turnover/income isn’t technically an asset (and obviously isn’t in liquidation) but I know what you mean if you’re saying probable future income represents value to a potential new owner. 

42 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I know its the Sun and I know our positions are totally different but Chelsea apparently after 2 days have a £110m lifeline to stop them going out of business due to MPs renegotiating their special licence. 2 days. For a club that was essentially Millwall with some celeb fans. Not an old historic club who were founding members of the league but a club allowed to thrive based on extremely dodgy money. 2 days. What do our MPs have to say about that? Article says 

"But MPs yesterday revealed that two days of negotiations with club chiefs had resulted in a revised licence which will now allow the Blues to access previously FROZEN television and prize money.

Chelsea are permitted to use all the  potential £35m in TV income from the Prem and Uefa until the end of the season PLUS all prize money they are due from domestic and European competitions.

They are set to pocket £39m from the Prem if they stay in third place — and up to £36m if they retain their Champions League crown."

well isnt that nice

They have better negotiators than us. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

Isn't the hope that we'll get our noses in the Premier league trough exactly why we are in the mess we're in?

43 minutes ago, Kuskus said:

If Nixon is being briefed by the EFL that only 8 out of 72 clubs have to object to us going into L2, then it's pretty clear where the neutral EFL see us ending up. 

49 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I know its the Sun and I know our positions are totally different but Chelsea apparently after 2 days have a £110m lifeline to stop them going out of business due to MPs renegotiating their special licence. 2 days. For a club that was essentially Millwall with some celeb fans. Not an old historic club who were founding members of the league but a club allowed to thrive based on extremely dodgy money. 2 days. What do our MPs have to say about that? Article says 

"But MPs yesterday revealed that two days of negotiations with club chiefs had resulted in a revised licence which will now allow the Blues to access previously FROZEN television and prize money.

Chelsea are permitted to use all the  potential £35m in TV income from the Prem and Uefa until the end of the season PLUS all prize money they are due from domestic and European competitions.

They are set to pocket £39m from the Prem if they stay in third place — and up to £36m if they retain their Champions League crown."

well isnt that nice

They're not using Quantuma though are they ?

Well clearly someone from the EFL has been talking to Nixon again. Spreading negative baalocks. We don’t have to complete a sale by the end of the season to avoid liquidation. Someone from the EFL has clearly given their opinion they think we’ll be liquidated and told him the voting process. We have buyers bidding for the club - why on earth will we be liquidated?! Starting next season on -15 possibly, the only scenario where liquidation is a possibility is if any deal doesn’t satisfy football creditors and the EFL kick us out the league. 

This will rumble on and some drama will be created out of it but we will be bought. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not so sure. Obviously our away form is shocking but, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen such togetherness and backs against the wall fighting spirit. If it was sorted before the end of the season the sense of relief could actually be detrimental to that spirit.

Obviously I want it sorting as soon as possible but I fear that it wouldn’t really give the players that much of a lift given our threadbare squad is already giving as much it can. It could be argued I guess, that if we were able to tie some players down with actual contracts for next season then they may be more motivated to try harder but, I’m not sure I’ve seen much evidence of any of them coasting.

I think you could well be right,if we get a new owner who is prepared to take the -15 point hit for next year to save money then we will be restricted as to what we could offer money wise in the way of new contracts so they may well get better offers elsewhere anyway. Their agents could have been been busy these last couple of months.

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well clearly someone from the EFL has been talking to Nixon again. Spreading negative baalocks. We don’t have to complete a sale by the end of the season to avoid liquidation. Someone from the EFL has clearly given their opinion they think we’ll be liquidated and told him the voting process. We have buyers bidding for the club - why on earth will we be liquidated?! Starting next season on -15 possibly, the only scenario where liquidation is a possibility is if any deal doesn’t satisfy football creditors and the EFL kick us out the league. 

This will rumble on and some drama will be created out of it but we will be bought. 

Having buyers bidding for the club is not pertinent to our situation if all they are offering is a Mars bar and a packet of Wotsits and definitely not enough to satisfy the creditors demands plus HMRC etc etc. 

Maybe the ITK guru whose spouted this story knows that the bidders will never be likely to offer enough to satisfy the creditors or maybe they're just talking BS. 

15 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Why would anyone pay mel's tax bill and then give him 20 million for the stadium on top 

he's living in fantasy land i'm still hoping someone has our best interests at heart but i think mel has to do his bit or its not gonna happen

Sorry but i don't think MM has any intention of "doing his bit" he could have done it months ago if that was the case.

41 minutes ago, RamBeauIV said:

If Nixon is being briefed by the EFL that only 8 out of 72 clubs have to object to us going into L2, then it's pretty clear where the neutral EFL see us ending up. 

As ever, the EFL rules are pretty impenetrable. I can’t find any reference to the voting threshold required as to which division a Phoenix club would be admitted. I have seen a rule that says 90% would need to be in favour of increasing the number of clubs beyond 72 but, of course in our case, it would re-establishing the number back up to 72.

Unless Mel puts his hand in his pocket regarding the stadium then I can’t see any scenario where we would avoid a -15 penalty - unless someone is willing to lease the ground from him

Ive seen comments saying if we start next season on -15 points then the new owners will be off to a bad start with the fans as they’ve taken penalties to secure a bargain price. The going rate for a big league one club is c.£27m (Sunderland). Admins said early on all bidders were considering us as a league one club. We’ve already had a failed bid from the Binnies for £30m, so the prices are already over the odds!! We don’t have Derby fans looking to buy us, we are not being bought on the cheap. Buyers are having to pay over the odds and that won’t clear debts sufficiently to avoid -15 next season. I’m not surprised Q are stalling for more time to try desperately to increase offers. I will be thankful for any owner to take on this poo state of affairs.

Only person who can change this is Mel with the stadium but if he’d swallowed the £20m on the stadium - we’d have probably been bought last summer without the need of administration. The fact he hasn’t doesn’t suggest he will be inclined to change his mind. 

20 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Why would anyone pay mel's tax bill and then give him 20 million for the stadium on top 

he's living in fantasy land i'm still hoping someone has our best interests at heart but i think mel has to do his bit or its not gonna happen

Probably explains why we're still in administration tbf if taken as a rhetorical question 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

As ever, the EFL rules are pretty impenetrable. I can’t find any reference to the voting threshold required as to which division a Phoenix club would be admitted. I have seen a rule that says 90% would need to be in favour of increasing the number of clubs beyond 72 but, of course in our case, it would re-establishing the number back up to 72.

The number of clubs promoted from the Conference would be increased as far as i know.

15 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I think you could well be right,if we get a new owner who is prepared to take the -15 point hit for next year to save money then we will be restricted as to what we could offer money wise in the way of new contracts so they may well get better offers elsewhere anyway. Their agents could have been been busy these last couple of months.

I'm starting to think that the EFL business plan is more of an issue than the 15 points.

Unless we are liquidated, we will be in League 1 next season. The 15 points would stop us making a push for promotion next season. However, two seasons of wage caps, soft embargoes having every decision signed off by Parry and Co would effectively stop us challenging for promotion for two seasons.

In that context, Ashley may as well save a his £15m and take the 15 points.

11 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The number of clubs promoted from the Conference would be increased as far as i know.

You may well be right but what makes you say that? I don’t think any of us know do we? If 90% (or whatever the threshold is) voted for a Phoenix club to join L2 then there wouldn’t be any need for an extra team to be promoted from the Conference.

For the record, I’m not saying I think we would be allowed to join L2.

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm starting to think that the EFL business plan is more of an issue than the 15 points.

Unless we are liquidated, we will be in League 1 next season. The 15 points would stop us making a push for promotion next season. However, two seasons of wage caps, soft embargoes having every decision signed off by Parry and Co would effectively stop us challenging for promotion for two seasons.

In that context, Ashley may as well save a his £15m and take the 15 points.

I thought  if we take the -15 points hit the sanctions imposed are more restrictive and we would probably be more in danger of slipping into League 2 than getting promotion. The team we will have next season will look nothing like the one we have now. I can't see Ashley wanting to back the academy for starters if it costs him money.