The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Dorsett isn’t usually wrong but I’m gonna guess there’s some sensationalism here which is largely unhelpful on the day of a game 

To be expected Ashley who is renowned for wanting a bargain will likely be waiting to see what the others offer before sweeping in a few quid higher and taking us straight to the Prem.

58 minutes ago, alram said:

i really hope we hear some positive news friday.

i am sick to death of the administrators saying one thing and the opposite happening, how many times had it happened? i got banned a few months ago for questing the administrators (crazy but i move on) and everything i said a few months ago that got me banned has not changed at all and has been said multiple times in the meantime by others.

there has been such little progress made since the administrators have taken charge. the only thing resolved has been the boro case and that wasn't settled by the admins it was settled by mel and gibson.

the preferred bidder status should be one of the easiest bits of the process, the fact is it like pulling teeth to get one seriously worries me that none of the bidders are really willing to put up the money to buy the club which is likely why the admins gambled with results on the pitch.

As the PB has on my understanding to put in a non- refundable £5m deposit you expect it to be "easy"? If only you as an insolvency practitioner had been available in September we would have been challenging for play-offs now

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

To be expected Ashley who is renowned for wanting a bargain will likely be waiting to see what the others offer before sweeping in a few quid higher and taking us straight to the Prem.

So no other bidders will put offers in until the last possible moment then.

1 hour ago, alram said:

i really hope we hear some positive news friday.

i am sick to death of the administrators saying one thing and the opposite happening, how many times had it happened? i got banned a few months ago for questing the administrators (crazy but i move on) and everything i said a few months ago that got me banned has not changed at all and has been said multiple times in the meantime by others.

there has been such little progress made since the administrators have taken charge. the only thing resolved has been the boro case and that wasn't settled by the admins it was settled by mel and gibson.

the preferred bidder status should be one of the easiest bits of the process, the fact is it like pulling teeth to get one seriously worries me that none of the bidders are really willing to put up the money to buy the club which is likely why the admins gambled with results on the pitch.

I would imagine there has been a huge amount of progress made since the administrators walked through the door into a financial minefield. Why would the preferred bidder status be the easiest bit,it is not just a case of selling to the highest bidder. If the bidders don't meet the criteria for taking over the club i.e don't offer enough to buy the club or don't meet the terms for satisfying the creditors then their offer will be turned down.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do we think Ashley would be told the amount and details of the other bids .

IMO the answer is no .

So waiting to see if you could get a Harold Steptoe deal is ridiculous 

The administrators job is to get as much money as they can to repay creditors, so it would be in the interests of creditors if they started a bidding war/auction. If Mike Ashley wants the club then tell him how much the others have bid and see if he wants it more.

then go back to the others and tell them what the highest bid is.

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Do we think Ashley would be told the amount and details of the other bids .

IMO the answer is no .

So waiting to see if you could get a Harold Steptoe deal is ridiculous 

Actually…it would be common practice to have a minimum acceptable amount due to administrator’s pre negotiations with creditors…they would then inform the potential bidders of current bids in order to drive the price up with a deadline set for last possible bids. Just like EBay….in fact has anyone checked if we are listed?

16 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He still has to meet the requirements of the creditors,he may be hopeful of a bargain but there is a set amount to be paid so he won't get the club on the cheap,it's not like buying a high street chain who are in trouble.

3 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I would imagine there has been a huge amount of progress made since the administrators walked through the door into a financial minefield. Why would the preferred bidder status be the easiest bit,it is not just a case of selling to the highest bidder. If the bidders don't meet the criteria for taking over the club i.e don't offer enough to buy the club or don't meet the terms for satisfying the creditors then their offer will be turned down.

because the preferred bidder is where negotiations START

it should be one of the first things they do, as with every administration. It is extremely rare for a preferred bidder not to be in place after a couple of months, never mind what is it now 7 months?

we can believe that many are competing to buy the club but i think the reality is a bit closer to the administrators are struggling to find someone to buy the club, it is the only logical reason. just ignore all the puff from the media and look at the facts, the admins seem to pluck up a new barrier every time a deadline comes.

20 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I don’t know how it works but I rather suspect any offers received are not immediately shared with other interested parties. I can’t imagine the administrators ringing up Ashley and say “we’ve had an offer of £xxm. Can you beat it?”. Perhaps they do.

7 minutes ago, curb said:

The administrators job is to get as much money as they can to repay creditors, so it would be in the interests of creditors if they started a bidding war/auction. If Mike Ashley wants the club then tell him how much the others have bid and see if he wants it more.

then go back to the others and tell them what the highest bid is.

Let’s hope it works like that 

40 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

This seems to go against the interview from last Friday, no? There was a 7 day deadline?

I think the 7 day deadline for bids has been mentioned before. Apologies though, I am not going to trawl back through 840 odd pages to find the reference. The Admins definitely said they were confident of naming the preferred bidder within 10 working days (of the Morris-Gibson accord) - which would be Friday.

Rooney has mentioned that in his press conferences and says he has heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

Edited by IslandExile

8 minutes ago, R@M said:

Actually…it would be common practice to have a minimum acceptable amount due to administrator’s pre negotiations with creditors…they would then inform the potential bidders of current bids in order to drive the price up with a deadline set for last possible bids. Just like EBay….in fact has anyone checked if we are listed?

I had noted that the term ‘sealed bids’ hadn’t been used in a while, if ever 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t know how it works but I rather suspect any offers received are not immediately shared with other interested parties. I can’t imagine the administrators ringing up Ashley and say “we’ve had an offer of £xxm. Can you beat it?”. Perhaps they do.

They'll want the maximum amount they can get so id guess it would work that way