The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Rules will be far stricter and presumably endless appeals won’t be available 

I don't think it's down to stricter rules......the EFL will just bend the rules again, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Bristol City........none of them will be scrutinized and dealt with the way we have........our plight has awoken the masses to the EFL failings, all will change, and we are the founding member of that change

Edited by BriggRam

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I agree but the EFL rules state that they appoint the third arbitrator 

This worried me given Mr Gibsons influence and that it seems all along they have been running scared of him, but .. in the long term They can’t  want Wycombe and Boro to win because of the floodgates it would open ? It does seem odd to have arbitrators appointed by defendant and plaintiff .. if you are representing one side or the other can you really be called an arbitrator ? Their votes would seem to be a forgone conclusion leaving the EFL with a casting vote ? Or have I misunderstood the set up ? 

4 minutes ago, jono said:

This worried me given Mr Gibsons influence and that it seems all along they have been running scared of him, but .. in the long term They can’t  want Wycombe and Boro to win because of the floodgates it would open ? It does seem odd to have arbitrators appointed by defendant and plaintiff .. if you are representing one side or the other can you really be called an arbitrator ? Their votes would seem to be a forgone conclusion leaving the EFL with a casting vote ? Or have I misunderstood the set up ? 

Presumably the nomination by each party has no bearing - they're simply lawyers accepting a job - but each getting to nominate one of the panel is supposed to head off any accusations that the panel was rigged.

Obviously, each party would hope their guy is gonna try to see their side but I think the involvement is limited to nomination and acceptance, they don't get information outside of the hearing as that would be improper (you'd think)

I could be wrong on all that though. 8m no expert on marsupials.

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Presumably the nomination by each party has no bearing - they're simply lawyers accepting a job - but each getting to nominate one of the panel is supposed to head off any accusations that the panel was rigged.

Obviously, each party would hope their guy is gonna try to see their side but I think the involvement is limited to nomination and acceptance, they don't get information outside of the hearing as that would be improper (you'd think)

I could be wrong on all that though. 8m no expert on marsupials.

One hopes if they actually vote then it will be a secret ballot. At that point we walk it. They can all deny voting for us to their various lobby groups ? …. Wasn’t me Gibbo, must have been one of the others. 

Just now, jono said:

One hopes if they actually vote then it will be a secret ballot. At that point we walk it. They can all deny voting for us to their various lobby groups ? …. Wasn’t me Gibbo, must have been one of the others. 

I'm not sure they can as they have to give written reasons for the decision, and they'd record a split vote if there is one.

Although I'd like it to be a bit like when they choose a new pope - the crowd gathered outside, waiting on the chimney of EFL towers to show a puff of smoke - but - is it white smoke because Gibson has been defeated, or black choking smog that significantly affects human health risks to signify that the paracites are indeed going to kill the host?

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I think they'll examine and debate each parties arguments, and then disclose their thoughts and intentions with the hope of reaching a unanimous agreement. A bit like a panel of magistrates decide an outcome I would imagine. I guess which way each voted may not be made public though if that's what you meant.

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

I don't think it's down to stricter rules......the EFL will just bend the rules again, Boro, Forest, Stoke, Bristol City........none of them will be scrutinized and dealt with the way we have........our plight has awoken the masses to the EFL failings, all will change, and we are the founding member of that change

This gives the EFL a potential problem. Those named have an operating model where they buy cheap and sell big, if they don't sell big the model implodes. There  large debts over the Covid period are in most part due to the slump in the transfer market. They have asked for a proportion of the debt to be excluded due to this.

The EFL's problem is that I doubt if they have done this for Reading and Derby. Also how do you quantify the amount lost as it could be that you don't have suitable players to sell for circa £20m. Also is the slump in fees true? Forest have just turned down £12m for Johnson (good player) which is a large sum!

So if the EFL allow the exclusion of more Covid debt than for Reading and Derby do those clubs (bearing in mind they look likely to be contesting  the 4th from bottom place) have a case against the EFL and other clubs for loss of income?  

4 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

This gives the EFL a potential problem. Those named have an operating model where they buy cheap and sell big, if they don't sell big the model implodes. There  large debts over the Covid period are in most part due to the slump in the transfer market. They have asked for a proportion of the debt to be excluded due to this.

The EFL's problem is that I doubt if they have done this for Reading and Derby. Also how do you quantify the amount lost as it could be that you don't have suitable players to sell for circa £20m. Also is the slump in fees true? Forest have just turned down £12m for Johnson (good player) which is a large sum!

So if the EFL allow the exclusion of more Covid debt than for Reading and Derby do those clubs (bearing in mind they look likely to be contesting  the 4th from bottom place) have a case against the EFL and other clubs for loss of income?  

This aspect is going to start getting very interesting

1 hour ago, Malcolm Brooks said:

In Parliament today Lisa Nandy attacked the government (Michael Gove)in the levelling up debate for allowing the demise of Bury F.C, and it's impact on the northern town of Bury. She said this should never happen again.  No mention of Derby but can only help

We’re not demised. Yet. And hopefully not.