The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, jono said:

Here’s one for Mr Gibson.

So Derby gained an advantage due to profligate spending ?

What were the the player wages and transfer fees at Boro during the same period ?

How does this compare to Derby ? 

I contend that there was no advantage whatsoever. 

There was a technical breach of FFP/P+S for which Derby have been punished

A technical breach of EFL rules is bound to happen when EFL themselves do not know their own rules. As they are proving again right now with the creditor rule.

To be honest how the fact that EFL got away with changing their minds on the amortisation issue is unbelievable. Some people ( including the IDC and the LAP) were surprisingly gullible about that.

This is the biggest danger. It seems that Boro, the EFL, and likely Wycombe think the Admins are engaging in brinksmanship and will cave at the eleventh hour to save the club. That’s a hugely dangerous assumption. If they’re wrong, we’re finished, and it will lay squarely on the three of them.

A couple of days ago it was said that they were hating being perceived as the bad guys in this. That’s the angle to intensify on, make sure everyone knows who’s fault it’s going to be if we go under. Mel got us into this mess, but we’ve been punished for his transgressions already, the club being liquidated will entirely be the fault of Boro, of Wycombe, and through complicit collusion, the EFL.

9 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

This is the biggest danger. It seems that Boro, the EFL, and likely Wycombe think the Admins are engaging in brinksmanship and will cave at the eleventh hour to save the club. That’s a hugely dangerous assumption. If they’re wrong, we’re finished, and it will lay squarely on the three of them.

A couple of days ago it was said that they were hating being perceived as the bad guys in this. That’s the angle to intensify on, make sure everyone knows who’s fault it’s going to be if we go under. Mel got us into this mess, but we’ve been punished for his transgressions already, the club being liquidated will entirely be the fault of Boro, of Wycombe, and through complicit collusion, the EFL.

We need to put pressure on the EFL. As the Boro and Wycombe chairmen are chancers. Just how do we do so ? emailing them? continue to ask our MPs to put pressure on the EFL?

13 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

We need to put pressure on the EFL. As the Boro and Wycombe chairmen are chancers. Just how do we do so ? emailing them? continue to ask our MPs to put pressure on the EFL?

I feel like we got to get the football media to react. We know sky are generally against us lol but any other media outlet we can get to talk about it is a win and added pressure. 

The fact no one is talking about the deal between the EFL and Boro is crazy. I worry if Wayne leaves he is our last link to the mainstream media. The media like to say "Wayne Rooney" 15 times a sentence and with out his ability to pull in clicks from casual fans for these outlets I fear we lose quite a bit of the already weak coverage. Be great if Wayne would bash the EFL and mention how the deal the EFL made is killing us.... as the media would pick it up ? but I'm sure if he did we would get sued or a points deduction lol

After getting thoroughly worn down by this like everyone else and D-Day fast approaching, desperately my only hope is Mike Ashley comes galloping in on his Sports Direct stallion to save us, having waited until the last minute to try and get the best deal. Hopefully not like putting in a very late eBay bid to find the item's gone already ?

3 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I feel like we got to get the football media to react. We know sky are generally against us lol but any other media outlet we can get to talk about it is a win and added pressure. 

The fact no one is talking about the deal between the EFL and Boro is crazy. I worry if Wayne leaves he is our last link to the mainstream media. The media like to say "Wayne Rooney" 15 times a sentence and with out his ability to pull in clicks from casual fans for these outlets I fear we lose quite a bit of the already weak coverage. Be great if Wayne would bash the EFL and mention how the deal the EFL made is killing us.... as the media would pick it up ? but I'm sure if he did we would get sued or a points deduction lol

I think it would be unfair to expect WR to speak out directly against the EFL or the parasites as they are above his level of expertise.

He has to balance his frustration against his future employment prospects within and under the governance of the very body he'd be criticising.

Being perceived as a manager who criticises other teams' chairmen or business activities would also probably negatively affect his future prospects.

Asking some of his mates in the media to have a close look at it though would be another matter.

1 minute ago, Ewetube said:

I think it would be unfair to expect WR to speak out directly against the EFL or the parasites as they are above his level of expertise.

He has to balance his frustration against his future employment prospects within and under the governance of the very body he'd be criticising.

Being perceived as a manager who criticises other teams' chairmen or business activities would also probably negatively affect his future prospects.

Asking some of his mates in the media to have a close look at it though would be another matter.

I know he can't do it as it risks to much personally but God would it really up the heat. So far his media friends havnt done alot for us. Just getting Rio or Neville, even Evra or someone to kick off a bit would be a great start ?

2 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

I know he can't do it as it risks to much personally but God would it really up the heat. So far his media friends havnt done alot for us. Just getting Rio or Neville, even Evra or someone to kick off a bit would be a great start ?

I'm really surprised Neville hasn't been more vocal yet after how vocal he was with the Bury affair. I know he had family connections with Bury, but the the principle remains the same.

Agree with the point above. How can clubs be expected to be 100% compliant, 100% of the time when even the EFL aren’t entirely clear on their own rules, and can interpret them in numerous ways depending on which way the wind is blowing?

It would also help, immensely, if their rules complied with/were aligned to, the latest legislation.

2 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I'm really surprised Neville hasn't been more vocal yet after how vocal he was with the Bury affair. I know he had family connections with Bury, but the the principle remains the same.

Good point, I think part of it is because the EFL did a great job of branding us as cheaters. I think it really has affected the perception of the club by the football world

Edited by RammingStone66
Correction

4 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

Good point, I think part of it is because the EFL did a great job of branding us as cheaters. I think it really has affected the perception of the club by the football world

I see what you are saying, but surely anyone in football as a career can see that the sins of MM are not the sins of the fans, the staff, or the players, and can see that punishment for MM's indiscretions has already been served, with further possible deductions hanging over us as well.

1 minute ago, UtrechtRam said:

If Boro make the play-offs this season and they have already broken FFP rules could the team in 7th sue them for a similar amount? They could really open a can of worms if they aren't careful. 

I can't see why we wouldn't all be able to sue them? Are teams not awarded prize money based on finishing positions? Could an argument be made that if FFP is not breached that MFC could be relegated? 

As we've said before, by allowing this to continue, the EFL could open the floodgates.  If we had more time on our side, I would have hoped we would have gone after QPR, with full intention to drop the claim before it got too far but to make the point.

4 minutes ago, RammingStone66 said:

The whole thing stinks to high heavens.

When Gibson exploited a loophole to comply with FFP the EFL just closed the loophole, no sanction.

MM interprets the vague regulations in a manner beneficial to DCFC and we are retrospectively punished to the point of oblivion.

1 minute ago, UtrechtRam said:

If Boro make the play-offs this season and they have already broken FFP rules could the team in 7th sue them for a similar amount? They could really open a can of worms if they aren't careful. 

You ever get the feeling that Boro don't think they will be hit for breaking those rules? 

Maybe they have some magic accounting to fix it that the EFL will actually like, or is this pay off they want to get to just get under the limits. Or will they blame it on covid and the EFL will just accept that without really looking a they won't be hit. 

I wouldn't put anything past either of them

27 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

After getting thoroughly worn down by this like everyone else and D-Day fast approaching, desperately my only hope is Mike Ashley comes galloping in on his Sports Direct stallion to save us, having waited until the last minute to try and get the best deal. Hopefully not like putting in a very late eBay bid to find the item's gone already ?

For all we know, Ashley or any preferred bidder may be saying ‘look, we are willing to take on the claims after the takeover. However we would prefer not to, put the pressure on, if it’s not resolved at the very last minute we will step in.’ That for example could be one scenario. There are games being played, very dangerous games by all involved. Let’s just hope someone somewhere blinks and makes the right decision for the sake of Derby’s future. 

Edited by Ramos

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Ashley did not have a conversation with journalists. There is 0 quotes from Ashley in that article. That is the journalists using sources and other knowledge and putting things together. It shouldn't be taken as gospel. 

Apart from things clearly have been moving? You think nothing has changed in relation to Boro's legal case over a 12 month period? If the admins said they were in a position to announce the preferred bidder when they did, I assume they were told they would be allowed to deal with it after the takeover was completed. Clearly something changed for whatever reason. 

Ashley has never said he wants to buy Derby either. As for Boros legal case no nothing has changed, there isn’t a legal case only the threat of one and no there has never been a preferred bidder either. If there was can you tell me who it is and when it was announced?