The Administration Thread

Boycie

Is there any evidence to suggest Boro & Wycombe have been working together on their 'claims'?

Two businesses working together to put a competitor out the game by using vexatious, baseless legal actions sounds as though it'd definitely be legally dubious.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If you were a creditor would you be happy that 'your' money had gone to pay off those two chancers?!

Is there any chance that a creditor (such as Geldards) takes legal action against the EFL to protect their interests as a genuine creditor? Could they get other creditors on board to take a joint action?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The issue that they're putting across is that they can't start to negotiate as they don't know how much of a fighting fund the club have left to allocate as the administrators still haven't agreed how much they are to offer HMRC, Dell etc.

They wouldn't know that as their not creditors. There'll be nowt for them as their not creditors.  Any fighting fund will go to existing creditors "I have experience of these things having been a trial lawyer". YE GODS.  Shall I write this backwards on some paper and staple it to his forehead, I doubt he'd notice .  Then he can have the answer when he looks in the mirror every day in case he forgets.

5 minutes ago, CheshRam said:

Is there any chance that a creditor (such as Geldards) takes legal action against the EFL to protect their interests as a genuine creditor? Could they get other creditors on board to take a joint action?

I don’t think Geldards would have the appetite on the basis that the amount repayable to them in a CVA (25% max) is not much more than they are paying one junior solicitor p.a.  I still wonder whether MSD might be the saviour here. They have a lot to lose, because if the club folds because of EFL intransigence, they only have a stadium to fall back on which will be pretty valueless without a football team to play in it. In fact it will be a drain to keep it maintained. I would think their Lawyers will be primed to serve a writ on the EFL if the statutory protections that are available to them under Insolvency Law continue to be stymied by out of step membership rules that mean no buyer is willing to complete a purchase. 

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I don’t think Geldards would have the appetite on the basis that the amount repayable to them in a CVA (25% max) is not much more than they are paying one junior solicitor p.a.  I still wonder whether MSD might be the saviour here. They have a lot to lose, because if the club folds because of EFL intransigence, they only have a stadium to fall back on which will be pretty valueless without a football team to play in it. In fact it will be a drain to keep it maintained. I would think their Lawyers will be primed to serve a writ on the EFL if the statutory protections that are available to them under Insolvency Law continue to be stymied by out of step membership rules that mean no buyer is willing to complete a purchase. 

Geldards have a long history with the club which, despite MM, will remain intact. There’s other local businesses with similar, and I’d hope that they are doing more in the background over and above signing petitions. If they need cash to support a campaign I’m sure there’s be willing contributors through crowdfunding. I’m surprised that there’s nothing like that I can see currently (except for the petition and a flag). 

52 minutes ago, Ramos said:

FYI colin Murray five live at 11, segment on Derby for anyone up. 

I only listened to the first half, will catch up with it in the morning.

FWIW been a bit critical at times about both of them but thought Maguire and Nigel were doing a good job at outlining the issues without it having any real bias either way. 

Good points being made on 5Live about the wider impact it would have on the EFL, the championship, and football in general if we were to go bust, suggesting it’s in no one’s interests for us to disappear and has a knock affect to other clubs revenues, tv audiences for the league(s) etc etc. that’s reassuring to hear, hoping it proves to be true!

Just now, TuffLuff said:

I only listened to the first half, will catch up with it in the morning.

FWIW been a bit critical at times about both of them but thought Maguire and Nigel were doing a good job at outlining the issues without it having any real bias either way. 

They have tbh. Also Kieran and Colin Murray just made some excellent points about why the EFL cannot let Derby go bust and Kieran referred to the fact Derby is one of the EFLs biggest pulls and a fellow championship chief exec has talked to him about why it can’t happen. Colin seemed strangely positive about the survival considering all that’s going on.

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Good points being made on 5Live about the wider impact it would have on the EFL, the championship, and football in general if we were to go bust, suggesting it’s in no one’s interests for us to disappear and has a knock affect to other clubs revenues, tv audiences for the league(s) etc etc. that’s reassuring to hear, hoping it proves to be true!

Only thing I didn’t understand was Kieran’s points about credit card companies pulling out of EFL? 

Edited by Ramos

Just now, Ramos said:

Only thing I didn’t understand was Kieran’s points about credit card companies pulling out of football? 

Bit of an odd one wasn’t it? Perhaps suggesting if a club the size of Derby went under the CC companies would lose faith in the financial viability of football clubs in general?