Any Derby fans living in Burnley on here?

Anna

(Sorry if this should be in a different section of the Forum!)

I was just in Subway where I live in Burnley wearing a Rams hood. One of the chaps working there said to me "Come on the Rams". Folks in Burnley are pretty friendly and I thought this was just a show of support considering our present situation.

Turns out he's actually a DCFC Fan, and it got me thinking... are there any other ones dwelling in Burnley?!

(Awaits oncoming insults regarding Burnley!)

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I was just in Subway where I live in Burnley wearing a Rams hood. One of the chaps working there said to me "Come on the Rams". Folks in Burnley are pretty friendly and I thought this was just a show of support considering our present situation.

Turns out he's actually a DCFC Fan, and it got me thinking... are there any other ones dwelling in Burnley?!

Yes I can vouch for the friendlyness of Burnley fans, When hoping to play some pub games after a match there in the 80s, They willingly threw us some darts and pool balls ?

Having said that...The ale prices there were a shock even for us living in Derby, We all got leathered on £5 each, And even had change to buy some footware.

image.png.7968a20b3311d2a48dc70d9419dbeb55.png

Have a great Xmas and New Year Anna, Burnley aint all bad Christmas Vacation Ok GIF

Edited by Unlucky Alf

3 hours ago, Anna said:

I live down t' road in Blackburn but don't dare mention you vaguely know anyone from them there parts. Thas will get lynched if tha does. #staysafe.

Edited by Steve How Hard?

7 hours ago, Anna said:

That was your first mistake.

7 minutes ago, Crewton said:

First time I went to Burnley, the coach got bricked. 

That's the last time I go with Shearings. 

Went there in 1975, we won 5-2 on our way to winning the League. As we left the ground a group of Burnley fans were up on a high grass bank chucking bricks and bottles down on us. 

Some hard Derby lads went running up the bank to return fire while the rest of us legged it to the station.

13 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Went there in 1975, we won 5-2 on our way to winning the League. As we left the ground a group of Burnley fans were up on a high grass bank chucking bricks and bottles down on us. 

Some hard Derby lads went running up the bank to return fire while the rest of us legged it to the station.

Mine was '73, a 1-1 draw, which is probably about where the "game" between the fans ended up. 

On 23/12/2021 at 18:38, Steve How Hard? said:

I live down t' road in Blackburn but don't dare mention you vaguely know anyone from them there parts. Thas will get lynched if tha does. #staysafe.

Fiancé is a Burnley fan... we definitely don't mention "them" up here!

On 23/12/2021 at 20:57, Millenniumram said:

A Derby fan living in Burnley? One or the other is pain enough surely?! Both at the same time? How do you survive?

AND to add insult to injury it's bloody cold and rainy up here!!

On 23/12/2021 at 21:35, Boycie said:

Burnley cheated us out of automatic promotion!

Shhhh, keep your voice down, we don’t want to upset members.

Ooops....

On 23/12/2021 at 15:34, Anna said:

None that I know but We have a very good friend who lives in Colne. Die hard Claret and thoroughly sporting,  has a crush on Sean. Looks out for us though ?

Love Lancashire. I was born on Cheshire/Lancs border so it’s sort of home territory. 

On 23/12/2021 at 23:52, uttoxram75 said:

Fit as a butcher’s dog in them days your were.

22 hours ago, jono said:

None that I know but We have a very good friend who lives in Colne. Die hard Claret and thoroughly sporting,  has a crush on Sean. Looks out for us though ?

Love Lancashire. I was born on Cheshire/Lancs border so it’s sort of home territory. 

Both fiancé and I have a crush on Dyche. Have you seen his sassy press conferences!?

Lancashire is my favourite cheese, so no complaints from me moving up here.

On 23/12/2021 at 18:38, Steve How Hard? said:

I was going to ask: where is Burnley, anyway?! But now I know that it's near Blackburn! Hold on a sec: where Blackburn! Near Bolton and Bradford? Up north somewhere!

I'll Google it!