Bristol City follower here with the local info for saturdays game

infoman

On 02/12/2021 at 03:37, infoman said:

Hope as many of you can make the trip Bristol on 4th december

Although I understand that 1,700 odd tickets have been sold in advance and there will be no pay on the day(AND THIS WILL NOT BE CHANGED)

Just been checking the Derby county away following in 2017/18 season and it was 1,512

Match day programmes will be on line only and I am lead to understand they will be FREE to look at on line for match day ticket holders

Parking is normally in the streets around the area as long as you are there by 1pm please don't block drive ways or park on corners.

COMING BY ROAD

Head to avonmouth junction 18 on the M5 and follow the route A4 Bristol Airport along what is known as the Portway under the Clifton suspension bridge and the ground will appear in the distance

It looks the long way round,but its quicker than trying to fight your way through the streets of central Bristol

TRAINS

If you are coming down by train,an appeal to purchase the tickets to PARSON STREET station.Its the same price and it gives us(Bristol City) ammunition to get better facilities for the official train station for Ashton gate until we get a new train station opened nearer to ashton gate

Train time are XX:27 past the hour which takes you two thirds of the way to the ground and then walk the rest of the way ,although there is a 13:56 departure from Parson Street which is good arrival time for the train from the North of England at 13:40pm

On the return its a good time from Parson Street at 17:25pm

On your way to the ground we have our statue of John Atyeo in the home section at the Winterstoke Road end

Casualty and Holby City were filmed in the City don't ask me about either of the programmes cos I think their both rubbish

The young ones was also filmed in the BS7 area of the City(actually its Bishopston)

Finally the block of flats on the left behind the dolman stand side as you are in the away end is "the" block of flats in "fools and horses"

Bring your camera and turn up early if you want to take any photo's

Pubs possibly best one are in the cumberland road basin area novia scotia pump house and the cottage.

suggest park your car and then walk to the ground.

Harbourside area of the central area is very good

BBC Radio station is radio Bristol which has frequencies and 94:9 and DAB (and 95:5 up till 3pm),

with full match day commentary on BBC radio Bristol which should be on 94:9(if not it will be on Bristol DAB

Bristol seems have become the English Hollywood with recent dramas filmed in the City being

The outlaws Showtrial, The Girl Before and Chloe and The Long Call

Please circulate to other football sites you deem necessary

If you need any further info ask away and I don't bite

You are a PROPER football fan and a credit to BCFC supporters...

Hello

Some colleagues and I will be cycling from London to Paris to raise money for the Grand Appeal in aid of Bristol Children's Hospital next year. Together, we're trying to raise £20,000 for the charity.

As part of our fundraising effort, this Saturday Dec 4th, we will be opening our staff car park on Cumberland road for City fans, just a 15 minute walk from Ashton Gate.

- There are 50 spaces available! -

We are asking for £10 donation per car for the charity. Payment can be cash or contactless.

The car park will be open strictly between 12:30 - 19:00. (See Ts&Cs below)

Leave any questions below, or contact - 07411831381

Please help spread the word if you can, and check back for news on availability for future games.

Find out more and donate here if you'd like:

https://london-to-paris.justgiving-sites.com/team/grand-appeal-london-to-paris-2022

See you there,

Will, Adam and Dan

HOW TO FIND US:

122 Cumberland Road, BS1 6UN

MAP: 

https://imgur.com/YupJnQV

Map to Ashton Gate:

https://imgur.com/a/p1c97hn

Street View:

https://imgur.com/a/JIYk24N

- Ts & Cs -

We will be on site for the duration, but cars are left at their owner's risk.

We accept no liability for loss or damage.

Spaces are available on a first come, first served basis. We cannot take reservations.

The car park will be open between 12:30 - 19:00, users returning after these hours will not be able to retrieve their vehicle until the following day by prior arrangement only and our security team will arrange collection of the vehicle. 

The car park is protected by CCTV.

Just heard that a santas motor bike ride has been organised in connection with childrens hospice

Start 13:00pm approx, route is North Bristol down the A38 to the City centre and return via Park Street

If you like your bikes them come along,if not stay well away

16 minutes ago, infoman said:

Just heard that a santas motor bike ride has been organised in connection with childrens hospice

Start 13:00pm approx, route is North Bristol down the A38 to the City centre and return via Park Street

If you like your bikes them come along,if not stay well away

This weekend gets better and better!

First I realise that my ‘home’ game against Bristol City coincides with a social event in London I can’t get out of, then I realise the team is staying a mile from my house, then I remember it’s the children’s hospice bike ride and Santa run this weekend, a charity I have been supporting for years.

The good news for the rest of you is that Derby will now put on the best display in years! ?

9 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

First I realise that my ‘home’ game against Bristol City coincides with a social event in London I can’t get out of, then I realise the team is staying a mile from my house, then I remember it’s the children’s hospice bike ride and Santa run this weekend, a charity I have been supporting for years.

The good news for the rest of you is that Derby will now put on the best display in years! ?

Yes its sods law. 

12 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Update. So after today’s debacle I am now seated at my charity function in London- next to the most boring man currently in London who just happens to be a Forest season ticket holder!

Was the follower who ran onto the pitch from Derby,all I can say is why?

My thoughts on the game City had the first half,and Derby had the second half

Possesion at half time according to the stats that are used was 32% City Derby 68%,would you agree?

Although I thought it was the other way round,but I think it WAS 32/68 in the second half

Jason Knight was some player,caused us problems for the whole match.

Finally can  I have your thoughts on the information supplied

Journey down bus/train did you use Parson Street

access to the ground stewarding food/grub in the ground

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Or it could be Knight first half and Plange second?

Good point! Here's Plange: 

Trying to work out who the poster thought was causing problems as it isn't apparent that any of them were according to the matchday thread! 

player-profile-image-2.png

5 hours ago, infoman said:

Was the follower who ran onto the pitch from Derby,all I can say is why?

I know you shouldn't do it but it did make me smile when he suckered the steward into the attempted rugby tackle and side stepped him resulting in him nearly taking out his mate. 

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I know you shouldn't do it but it did make me smile when he suckered the steward into the attempted rugby tackle and side stepped him resulting in him nearly taking out his mate. 

Probably the highlight of the game that. The youth showed more movement than the entire first half 11.