Derbyshire CCC - Mickey Arthur Appointed

Mihangel

38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's been a thing for a long time, for things like using a foreign object (e.g. a hat) to deliberately stop the ball or for the ball striking a discarded helmet. "Dangerous play" is a new one on me - although Madsen has been struck about 3 times this season when taking a quick single, so why was Brathwaite singled out this time?

Looking at the replay. Madsen comes maybe a yard out of the crease to play the shot, Braithewaite takes the ball spins round and throws almost in one motion. 

I think what goes against him is Madsen is back in and stood still before he releases the ball. The ball then comes at Madsen in a way that he has no chance of getting out of the way. A bit harsh for me for a first time though.

Looking at the social media’s this morning, it’s so good to see such a high level of engagement on the clubs posts. 

Yeah some of its down to the Pakistani presence following Masood, but even without that there’s a lot of excited Derbyshire folk jumping on Mickey’s bandwagon and it’s great to see ?

a far cry from me and a couple of others moaning after every game, like it’s been for the last decade.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

Maybe the opponent teams also see us as the weakest team in the league and underestimate us.

If they are, I hope they keep doing it. Mickey Arthur and Shan Masood command respect but there is a definite split in the game from the big (test venue) teams and the rest and they have a tendency to look down their noses at us paupers...

A while ago, the missus asked if I'd like to go to a T20 at Trent Bridge, her friend from work sadly passed away during lockdown, and as a member at Notts her collegues decided to toast her memory at a game, couldn't really say no in the circumstances. 

You can guess which one they've chosen!