Which Trust should I trust?

rad1919

With the perilous state we find ourselves in I’ve decided I’d like to get involved in a trust. I know it will probably have no direct influence on our future but I have a bit of time to give and want to feel I am doing something, anything to help navigate us through this mess.

I’m a little confused as to why there are two different organisations which, on face value, compete with each other to release the same information before the other.

Websites for both are a little bit thin on information to say the least. Rams Trust give some information on the “who” and “why” although they seem to be playing catch up on one of their core statements. I quote:

“One of the Trust’s core principles is to be in a state of constant readiness should the club ever again fall foul of unscrupulous owners and require supporter involvement to protect the interests of the club as a community asset.”

How many questions were asked during Mel’s tenure or were the Trust taken along for the ride like everyone else?

BAWT have emerged since administration (correct me if I’m wrong) but I can’t find much detail on what their aims or values are.

Is there any value in these trusts or does the club simply pay lip service when required?

As previously mentioned I want to get involved and do my bit but I don’t know which way to go?

Is it worth me and others getting behind one of these organisations or are we all wasting our time?

7 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

With the perilous state we find ourselves in I’ve decided I’d like to get involved in a trust. I know it will probably have no direct influence on our future but I have a bit of time to give and want to feel I am doing something, anything to help navigate us through this mess.

I’m a little confused as to why there are two different organisations which, on face value, compete with each other to release the same information before the other.

Websites for both are a little bit thin on information to say the least. Rams Trust give some information on the “who” and “why” although they seem to be playing catch up on one of their core statements. I quote:

“One of the Trust’s core principles is to be in a state of constant readiness should the club ever again fall foul of unscrupulous owners and require supporter involvement to protect the interests of the club as a community asset.”

How many questions were asked during Mel’s tenure or were the Trust taken along for the ride like everyone else?

BAWT have emerged since administration (correct me if I’m wrong) but I can’t find much detail on what their aims or values are.

Is there any value in these trusts or does the club simply pay lip service when required?

As previously mentioned I want to get involved and do my bit but I don’t know which way to go?

Is it worth me and others getting behind one of these organisations or are we all wasting our time?

Amazon £39.99

image.png.58a2bf77f6210b38a8a4f2fda5e8d2d6.png

15 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

Good luck breaking into the cabal at Ramstrust.