Squad Rules

tinman

28 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

We can sign five free agents on restricted salaries (but not as restricted as before) and we can resign current players on terms that - give or take - allow for average salaries of £12k per week.

If players were free agents before the closing of the last window they could sign for us today and play next week.

Once we have our five free agents in, and we have extended the terms of the current players we ant to keep, then we would be free to play whichever youngsters we like.

This is the single most important thing as it means we can retain the services of Bird, Knight, Buchanan, etc rather than having to wait until the summer before offering deals.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Established player rule is only for soft embargo, isn't it?

Probably, I think I’ve lost the plot trying to keep up with all the rules! ?

Players under the age of 21 don’t count to any limit for any other club though, which has the same effect.

43.9        Squad Lists

43.9.1    Clubs shall be permitted to name up to a maximum number of Players in their Squad List based on the following provisions:

(a)           in respect of Championship Clubs, 25 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player; and

(b)           in respect of League One and Two Clubs 22 Players of which a minimum of 8 must be a Home Grown Player.

43.9.2    The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a)           in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

(b)           in respect of League One Clubs and League Two Clubs:

(i)            any Under 21 Players; and

(ii)           goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, tinman said:

RoOs
Allsopp
Marshall

Byrne
Forsyth
Jagielka
McDonald

Buchanen

Davies

Bird
Sibley
Shinnie

Knight
Stearman

Bielik
Morrison
Jozwiak
Allsopp
Lawrence

CKR

under three starts
Ebosele
Williams
Brown
Hutchinson
Aghatise
Watson
Stretton

You've misspelled Allsop both times?

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is the single most important thing as it means we can retain the services of Bird, Knight, Buchanan, etc rather than having to wait until the summer before offering deals.

Absolutely.

I'm sure you've posted this many times before but what is the list of first team players out of contract next summer?

50 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

It’d have to be agreed with the player being subbed off, but I’d love it if Wayne made a sub to bring one of the youngsters on after a few seconds.

I know we might end up having to play with less players if we get injuries during the game, but it would certainly make a clear point, especially if it was a TV game, and would be within the rules as they’ve been presented in that document.

There's actually a slight possibility that we end up starting a game with less than 11 players, but have a full bench we can use ?

2 hours ago, tinman said:

RoOs
Allsopp
Marshall

Byrne
Forsyth
Jagielka
McDonald

Buchanen

Davies

Bird
Sibley
Shinnie

Knight
Stearman

Bielik
Morrison
Jozwiak
Allsopp
Lawrence

CKR

under three starts
Ebosele
Williams
Brown
Hutchinson
Aghatise
Watson
Stretton

Why is Stearman playing attacking mid?

Having tried to decipher the EFL Agreed Decision appendix, I believe that the £15.7m budget is for all wages, bonuses and other payments for all the club's contracted players ie including academy lads. If so it means that those among us who thought we had an average of £12k a week exclusively for the 25 player first team squad stand to be disappointed. Anyway my ambition is simply to get to the end of the season with a new owner and heads held high on and off the pitch. Then game on!!

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think beyond them we should be tying up any of the very promising academy players on quite lengthy contracts to secure them for the future (i.e. the likes of Ebosele and Watson).

I'm convinced the only way we recover from this mess is on the back of academy players.

9 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Is there any centre forward or wide men who are free agents that anyone would take a punt on?

Robson Kanu, Mendez-Laing, Niasse, Sanogo, Bony, Lacina Traore & Enobakhare

All would do well in League 1 doubt many would sign though.

All players who sign for us would be on a low wage & know where we will be playing next season

Edited by DCFC1388

So the permitted players in Jan would be -

GK (3) - Roos Allsop Marshall

DEF (5) - Byrne Davies Stearman Buchanan Forsyth

MID (6) - Bielik Morrison Shinnie Bird Knight Sibley

FWD (4) - CKR Lawrence Jozwiak Ebosele

So that would be 18 meaning space for 7 if nobody leaves but sounds like Marshall will be gone with his recent comments.

Then Jagielka & Baldock who run out of contract in Jan would take up 2 spots if they stay on.

Youngsters who could feature - 

0 starts - Cashin Hutchinson

1 start - Williams McDonald Stretton 

2 starts - Watson

Edited by DCFC1388

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Watson has started 2, one last season, one this. McDonald started one last season too.

Cheers missed the 1ast season as he played 45 so thought he came off the bench & McDonald wasnt on the 1st team squad list on Transfermarkt

Playing devils advocate, what incentive do Derby have to bring anyone in during January? I wonder if they will do so to make it seem outwardly like we haven’t yet given up on turning around the points deficit? Although surely every rational person must know it’s practically impossible.

If we admit to ourselves that relegation is unavoidable, why spend the additional money on wages for players that can’t save us? Remember that we still have the P&S rules to adhere to, and minimising costs now will help us in years to come.

I suppose that we might let some players go (those that wouldn’t stay to play in League 1, or on substantial wages, or both) and depending on how many leave, we might strike some short term deals to maintain a large enough squad. But I question how many will leave- what club would pay for e.g. Lawrence/Jozwiak in January, when they can wait and get them for free/cheaper in summer? Derby have no bargaining power in those negotiations.

Even if we did sell players, would we be happy promoting academy players to become part of the 25?

It will be very interesting to see how the club play it- particularly if we do get a new owner in before January. If we don’t get the new owner, then I presume the administrators will rely on existing staff to make those shouts. Does anyone know who within the club make those decisions, with no owner or CEO?