Squad Rules

tinman

We’re allowed 25 players in the squad, which is the same as every other club I believe. 
anyone who has started at least 3 games at championship or higher is counted as a squad player. 
It still restricts what we can do In terms of using the likes of Cashin, Brown etc as they are limited to two starts before we can’t use them again until the embargo is dropped. 

RoOs
Allsopp
Marshall

Byrne
Forsyth
Jagielka
McDonald

Buchanen

Davies

Bird
Sibley
Shinnie

Knight
Stearman

Bielik
Morrison
Jozwiak
Allsopp
Lawrence

CKR

under three starts
Ebosele
Williams
Brown
Hutchinson
Aghatise
Watson
Stretton

2 minutes ago, tinman said:

RoOs
Allsopp
Marshall

Byrne
Forsyth
Jagielka
McDonald

Buchanen

Davies

Bird
Sibley
Shinnie

Knight
Stearman

Bielik
Morrison
Jozwiak
Allsopp
Lawrence

CKR

under three starts
Ebosele
Williams
Brown
Hutchinson
Aghatise
Watson
Stretton

Mcdonald hasn't started 3 championship games 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Mcdonald hasn't started 3 championship games 

Festy has though so a squad of 20 so can bring 5 in of championship standard or above 

but does that mean we can bring in players without championship or above apps that will not count towards the 25 man squad

so div 1 players and below bit confused with efl wording surprise suprise

We’re still not allowed the same number of players as every other club, and it’s pretty obvious why they’ve done that.

Other clubs have the ‘Established Player’ rule, which is 24 players (under 21’s don’t count) that have started 5 games.

Established Player (Championship Clubs) - A player aged 21 or over as at the 30 June immediately prior to the commencement of the season in which the Club is subject to the Embargo and who has been named in the starting XI on a total of at least five occasions*.

*in EFL League, EFL Cup, EFL Trophy, FA Cup or equivalent competitions for any Club in any equivalent League to the Championship or higher.

We have the ‘Permitted Player’ rule, which is 25 players (of any age) who have started 3 league matches in the Championship or above, or any player registered after the agreement.

What they really mean is if you plan on signing some players, or extending some contracts in January, we’re going to stop you playing your youngsters from the start in games as they will count towards the 25 players if they start 3 games.

Basically we’ve taken a massive punishment and we’re STILL being made to play by different rules to every other club in this league.

Disgraceful.

We can sign five free agents on restricted salaries (but not as restricted as before) and we can resign current players on terms that - give or take - allow for average salaries of £12k per week.

If players were free agents before the closing of the last window they could sign for us today and play next week.

Once we have our five free agents in, and we have extended the terms of the current players we ant to keep, then we would be free to play whichever youngsters we like.

5 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

It states that the squad size / incomings etc are as of the date of the agreement.

My understanding of that is if current players ie Cashin Hutchinson Watson Stretton etc accrue 3 appearances after that date then that is fine.  

I don’t read it that way, am I reading it wrong?

I read it as anyone that has started 3 league matches at Championship level or above (the level the club was at when they signed or higher) at all in their career (so including their career from now) counts towards that 25 man limit. Anyone signed, of any age and with any or no experience, counts towards the 25 man limit if signed from now until the end of June.

4 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

We can sign five free agents on restricted salaries (but not as restricted as before) and we can resign current players on terms that - give or take - allow for average salaries of £12k per week.

It’s an average across the squad. If current combined salaries already meet that total we can’t sign anyone no matter how many players we have!

1 minute ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I read it as anyone that has started 3 league matches at Championship level or above (the level the club was at when they signed or higher) at all in their career (so including their career from now) counts towards that 25 man limit. Anyone signed, of any age and with any or no experience, counts towards the 25 man limit if signed from now until the end of June.

I think, any player we sign now will count towards the limit. Any players currently registered to us will count once they have started three championship level or higher league games, which of course, most of them already have.

3 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I read it the same as you.  And the new rules make no mention of the staffing up if under the limit, it's very much a hard cap of 25. So I think this new rule actively bans us from playing academy lads in the first team (they can only start 2 games), whereas the previous ones didn't.

3 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The ruling only applies for the financial year 2021/22 and so only this one window. If we sign players that make up the number to 25 and then use another 5 academy players for three starts by the time that restriction could hinder us signing anyone else the ruling would be expired anyway.

Its all irrelevant anyway. 

With the number of players out of contract in June, the wage restrictions and the almost certain relegation I don’t think there’ll be any signings other than extensions of existing players in January anyway.

What would be the point? Not only that what sort of player would want to join knowing he’d be a league 1 player next season?

We will look to offload any player that won’t be staying past June, in January, providing they can command a fee and particularly if they are out of contract in June ie Lawrence. We will then see out the season and release out of co tract players we decide not to keep, sell players who are still contracted but won’t play league 1 and set about recruiting a squad for promotion under no restrictions at all.

4 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I read it the same as you.  And the new rules make no mention of the staffing up if under the limit, it's very much a hard cap of 25. So I think this new rule actively bans us from playing academy lads in the first team (they can only start 2 games), whereas the previous ones didn't.

If this is the case then it’s possibly the last you’ll see of Stetton / Watson / McDonald who have all started 2 games and a third will restrict any further recruitment…unless of course (which I believe) there will be no plans for any recruitment whatsoever until June.

Just now, Ravabeerbelly said:

If this is the case then it’s possibly the last you’ll see of Stetton / Watson / McDonald who have all started 2 games and a third will restrict any further recruitment…unless of course (which I believe) there will be no plans for any recruitment whatsoever until June.

If I'm reading the rules right, they can still be subs, they just can't start another game ?

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It’d have to be agreed with the player being subbed off, but I’d love it if Wayne made a sub to bring one of the youngsters on after a few seconds.

I know we might end up having to play with less players if we get injuries during the game, but it would certainly make a clear point, especially if it was a TV game, and would be within the rules as they’ve been presented in that document.

38 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

We’re still not allowed the same number of players as every other club, and it’s pretty obvious why they’ve done that.

Other clubs have the ‘Established Player’ rule, which is 24 players (under 21’s don’t count) that have started 5 games.

We have the ‘Permitted Player’ rule, which is 25 players (of any age) who have started 3 league matches in the Championship or above, or any player registered after the agreement.

What they really mean is if you plan on signing some players, or extending some contracts in January, we’re going to stop you playing your youngsters from the start in games as they will count towards the 25 players if they start 3 games.

Basically we’ve taken a massive punishment and we’re STILL being made to play by different rules to every other club in this league.

Disgraceful.

Established player rule is only for soft embargo, isn't it?