Carlisle Capital give update

ramswriter podcast

2 hours ago, ramswriter podcast said:

Colin Binnie Vice President of Carlisle Capital spot BAWT 

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/carlisle-capital-give-update

Underwhelming for sure. But not sure fluffing up the fans is going to make a difference. Rooney will be influential in all this and it would interesting to know what buyers are saying to him 

7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Underwhelming for sure. But not sure fluffing up the fans is going to make a difference. Rooney will be influential in all this and it would interesting to know what buyers are saying to him 

I can't see Rooney having any say in who the new owners are.  The administrators are here to do one job, sell to the highest bidder......  Anyone who thinks any differently is in for a shock!!!!

2 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

I can't see Rooney having any say in who the new owners are.  The administrators are here to do one job, sell to the highest bidder......  Anyone who thinks any differently is in for a shock!!!!

I wouldn't be so sure. He is definitely a factor in attracting attention to the club, and he has already said that there have been constructive discussions with the administrators. 

Although I can't imagine any potential buyer saying anything they don't think he wants to hear at this stage.

10 hours ago, ramswriter podcast said:

Colin Binnie Vice President of Carlisle Capital spot BAWT 

https://www.dcfcbawt.org/post/carlisle-capital-give-update

They would probably be better off not breaking their silence until they’ve got something worth breaking their silence over. At this point I’ll stop breaking my silence. ?

Just now, Ellafella said:

They would probably be better off not breaking their silence until they’ve got something worth breaking their silence over. At this point I’ll stop breaking my silence. ?

To be fair, they haven't called a press meeting to announce this.
They got a call.  Were asked a question.  This was their answer. One rung up from "No Comment" on the politeness ladder.

Says more about the headline writer, than the potential buyer!  

13 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

This was my starting point. But Hoskins made it clear in his TS segment that this is not the approach. Oddly, when talking about selection criteria he spoke more about the football future and only mentioned creditors interests at the end. Certainly it’s not ‘by the book’ and it would be interesting to know how they justify it. Their thinking might be Rooney is a massive icon (Hoskins’ word) and it’s clear he has the dressing room. So no bidder is going to push the boat out if they don’t feel they have the support of the Rooney camp. 32’s approach may also be a factor. 

I was surprised by what he said don’t get me wrong 

25 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

This group may turn out to be better for us than that guy who has been talking a lot and bIgging himself up ala Alonso MkII. 
Who knows. 

Chris has made  the ONLy offer so far. Bound to have conditions attached as too many variables still to be sorted out. What seems to be the lowest offer acceptable which would avoid liquidation. Probably not  £50 million.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He is definitely a factor in attracting attention to the club, and he has already said that there have been constructive discussions with the administrators. 

Although I can't imagine any potential buyer saying anything they don't think he wants to hear at this stage.

I think you are getting a little to wrapped up in the romance of it all.  Managers come and ho more regularly than owners, any potential owners business plan has to include a contingency for replacing the manager at some point.

It looks ever increasingly likely that Manure may be looking for a new manager soon.  I personally think its too early for him and his off the pitch antics will have been noticed.

Stranger thinks have happened though, look a Lampard for example.  I believe Wayne when he says hes 100% committed to Derby.  But his ultimate dream must be to take over at Old Trafford some day.  If and its a big if, Manure came knocking, I'd be surprised if he turned it down.  If he did he may never get tge opportunity again....