We're not allowed plastic straws but....

Day

I get at least 5 of this pushed through the door a week when you can find a clothes recycling bin around 10 minute walk away.

All I want is a straw that actually works, and no, I don't want to carry a metal one in my pocket on the off chance I will want to grab a drink whilst out. 

CC6BE1DB-8CFA-4F95-AF8C-2CF17D067745.jpeg

2 hours ago, David said:

I get at least 5 of this pushed through the door a week when you can find a clothes recycling bin around 10 minute walk away.

All I want is a straw that actually works, and no, I don't want to carry a metal one in my pocket on the off chance I will want to grab a drink whilst out. 

CC6BE1DB-8CFA-4F95-AF8C-2CF17D067745.jpeg

Not only is it a vast waste of plastic, but if you read the small print on the bags, you'll find that the vast majority are only giving a fixed amount of any money they make to the named charity - the rest makes a nice tidy profit for the people doing the collecting.....if you want to help a charity, re-use the baags and take your stuff to the local charity shop. At least you then know that the money is going where you want it to instead of into a cynical businessman's pocket....

Straws evidently help to prevent tooth decay by keeping sugary substances away from the teeth so perhaps David is safeguarding his molars? Mind you, these rather alarmingly animated teeth look a tad loose.

Happy Dance GIF by benjamin lemoine

Edited by Miggins

23 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

There is only one drink in the whole world that should be drunk through a straw - McDonalds Milshake (chocolate). For all other fluids the argument is utterly, utterly irrelevant.

A milkshake that doesn't require a suction pump?? ?

7 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Not only is it a vast waste of plastic, but if you read the small print on the bags, you'll find that the vast majority are only giving a fixed amount of any money they make to the named charity - the rest makes a nice tidy profit for the people doing the collecting.....if you want to help a charity, re-use the baags and take your stuff to the local charity shop. At least you then know that the money is going where you want it to instead of into a cynical businessman's pocket....

That's exactly what I do. But I also use them for shredded paper. Either way they aren't wasted!

• 2 weeks later...