Tickets on sale

Foreveram

51 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

That seems much better than recent attendances and is excellent for Sunday lunchtime on Sky. I got four of them for the wider Sagan family, wanting to show our support. Am trying to encourage various others to come and join us, but it's a bit like herding cats.

I'm trying to presude couple of people to come along who don't normally but you are right it will really can be?

9 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

We need one of the supporter groups to speak to the administrators around fund raising including having buckets.

They've been asking continuously. It's fair to say the administrators are less than keen to go down this route.

However, a guy from BAWT has been selected to work on ideas, this was last week. Waiting to hear what he comes up with now. 

Buckets are "small change" and fraught with collection and accountability issues.

I think crowd funding is the way to go, but it has to be well organised and from a trusted source to get the really big bucks.

I also think the administrators worry about potential strings attached to any large donations (the ones that would make a difference).

They also worry what they would do with the money if it was more than they needed.

I know, sounds like excuses to me too.

Really these administrators are establishment, just like all the other big players. I really do think they need to start thinking outside the box a bit more. Football's in the state it is in because it's controlled by the same types of people all the time.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

They've been asking continuously. It's fair to say the administrators are less than keen to go down this route.

However, a guy from BAWT has been selected to work on ideas, this was last week. Waiting to hear what he comes up with now. 

Buckets are "small change" and fraught with collection and accountability issues.

I think crowd funding is the way to go, but it has to be well organised and from a trusted source to get the really big bucks.

I also think the administrators worry about potential strings attached to any large donations (the ones that would make a difference).

They also worry what they would do with the money if it was more than they needed.

I know, sounds like excuses to me too.

Really these administrators are establishment, just like all the other big players. I really do think they need to start thinking outside the box a bit more. Football's in the state it is in because it's controlled by the same types of people all the time.

I’ve never had any involvement in crowd funding but they don’t normally have the opportunity to “attach strings” do they? 

If they’re worried about much bigger contributions with conditions then surely they’d be stand alone and outside of a crowd funding project that the administrator could choose to decline.

I’m one of the lucky folk that has a bit of spare cash (partly down to not having to pay for a season ticket for a year) and would happily chip in something like £50 - £100 (but don’t tell my wife ?) if it was properly set up etc. Hopefully, our celebrity fans might chip in a bigger amount but I would 100% not judge anyone that chose not to or we’re not able to make contribution or were only ably to put a small amount in.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’ve never had any involvement in crowd funding but they don’t normally have the opportunity to “attach strings” do they? 

If they’re worried about much bigger contributions with conditions then surely they’d be stand alone and outside of a crowd funding project that the administrator could choose to decline.

I’m one of the lucky folk that has a bit of spare cash (partly down to not having to pay for a season ticket for a year) and would happily chip in something like £50 - £100 (but don’t tell my wife ?) if it was properly set up etc. Hopefully, our celebrity fans might chip in a bigger amount but I would 100% not judge anyone that chose not to or we’re not able to make contribution or were only ably to put a small amount in.

Totally agree, Tamworth. It's such a win-win for me because everyone would give what they could, it would make us all feel like we're doing something positive to help.

I think it would be easy to overcome any concerns the administrators have.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Likewise.

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Totally agree, Tamworth. It's such a win-win for me because everyone would give what they could, it would make us all feel like we're doing something positive to help.

I think it would be easy to overcome any concerns the administrators have.

I 100 % agree. I think it is a win win situation as well, if we raise more money than expected/need us to fund us to the end of the season surley this could be used to support us next season? Or maybe help us fund a loan signing or something.

It really is a no brainier, people that feel they can give £5 £10 £20 £100 or whatever to buy tickets for people that want to go but can’t afford it for whatever reason. Plenty of people with customer numbers ( Wembley) that don’t go regularly. Carry it on to the end of the season and sell out every home game which in turn creates a brilliant atmosphere which helps the players and it would show everyone how much we care.

And, spurred on by Red Dogs on Social Media obsessing on our attendances, I had a look back to when they were last in a  financial crisis, after Nigel Doughty died in February 2012. At the first home game after his death was announced, v Watford, they got 21,712 (season average 21,970). That surprised me, because I had imagined the ground would have been packed to the rafters to pay tribute to a man who'd used so much of his own wealth in a vain attempt to reach the promised land. I've no idea what their excuse was for such a display of apathy. Their gates didn't even pick up much after Fawaz 'saved' them.

It'd be nice to show them on TV what a 30,000+ crowd looks like, so keep pushing folks.

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

And, spurred on by Red Dogs on Social Media obsessing on our attendances, I had a look back to when they were last in a  financial crisis, after Nigel Doughty died in February 2012. At the first home game after his death was announced, v Watford, they got 21,712 (season average 21,970). That surprised me, because I had imagined the ground would have been packed to the rafters to pay tribute to a man who'd used so much of his own wealth in a vain attempt to reach the promised land. I've no idea what their excuse was for such a display of apathy. Their gates didn't even pick up much after Fawaz 'saved' them.

It'd be nice to show them on TV what a 30,000+ crowd looks like, so keep pushing folks.

I don't know why they're joking about our crowds. Before this season I'm pretty sure we've had consistently higher attendances than them for several years

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I don't know why they're joking about our crowds. Before this season I'm pretty sure we've had consistently higher attendances than them for several years

Derby have definitely had bigger crowds in general for a long time. Forest have averaged over 25k once since 2010 (excluding this season). Derby have averaged a minimum of 25k seven times since then!