Mel put us in Administration because......

IslandExile

Mel put us in Administration because......  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Mel made it sound like him putting us in administration was the best thing for the club. He really had the confidence to own up infront of the supporters and say that the best thing for Derby County Football Club was him putting us in administration. 

No, the best thing for the football club would be him paying the debts of the football club and to find an agreement with the EFL. The best thing for him was to put us in administration, therefore taking the workload and liability away from him. 

As it stands, we've incurred an additional -12 point deduction on top of anything else that we may pick up and seemingly something that could run for a few more years yet. Another story ran over night thinks we're due to receive a -21 (potentially another 3) this season. With a further 15 point deduction next year. We've also got a transfer embargo for two years. 

We know that Buchanan, Bird, Sibley and Knight will be sold. I'm not too concerned about that as I think it's great they're getting out of this mess as they genuinely have a career and a lot of potential. As a Derby fan, I wouldn't want the club to be a weight around these young lad's neck and become the reason they didn't fulfill their potential. 

Mel is the worst chairman this club has ever had, he's leaving the club in the worst mess its ever been in - arguably up their with one of the worst messes of any club in the history of the sport. A club without a stadium, which he owns, potentially soon without training facilities huge point deductions with severe transfer embargos that could sink the club into the League Two - similar to Bolton. I think they still own their stadium(?) although I'm not sure. 

But.... he's doing it for us. What a truly wonderful guy! 

Yes that sums it up from what I can see. The issue will be that without assets Derby are not worth buying in the normal sense. The ground being separated from the club means that Derby County FC only have player values and their Championship status that  “could” be considered assets and as such shrinks the buyer pool to ridiculously rich buyer or entity. Anyone interested in taking over the club will want to buy the ground which would be a separate but associated deal with the stadium grounds owners. 

The timeframe is then the issue, unless their is someone or entity that is already in negotiations, it will take either months or not happen at all. Mr M has done what any sane business man would do, spread his risk buy dividing fixed assets from the FC. THUS he will get at least some of his money back for the dirt/stadium. 

What bothers me is all the bluff and bluster of the ongoing wrangle with the EFL has now shown what a mess was being covered up with the accounts. The Board of directors of the FC have a lot to answer for as probably do the directors of the stadium, as if you don’t think the administrator won’t be trawling over every detail to see if they can distract money or void the deal you are dreaming. COYR

On 19/09/2021 at 18:59, IslandExile said:

Even so, I think we are where we are because of incompetence not vindictiveness

Dont know, maybe not vindictive but...... I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and i tended to lean towards what your saying before! But now, aftering hearing all thats come out! I know its easy to say this when u have no money like i do lol but i think it boils down to this..... mel made a choice, his money or the club! He chose his money, simple as! 

Edited by De22Ram

16 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Just out of interest, why do you hope it will drag on and on? Surely it would be better if it is resolved as quickly as possible. 

I would be quite happy for it to drag and on and on, rather than the club get shot in the face.

Some horrendous fire sale of young players, redundancies for long standing staff, no thanks.

I don't want to see a thread here wanting a whip round for the flood light bill.

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I would be quite happy for it to drag and on and on, rather than the club get shot in the face.

Some horrendous fire sale of young players, redundancies for long standing staff, no thanks.

I don't want to see a thread here wanting a whip round for the flood light bill.

Surely though, if it does drag on and on the administrator will have no alternative but to cut costs (lay off staff) and realise assets (sell players). Exactly what we all want to avoid.

Although not necessarily likely, it seems to me that the best outcome would be for a viable takeover to be agreed in principle as soon as possible meaning the administrator could avoid selling assets but sell the club as a going concern.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely though, if it does drag on and on the administrator will have no alternative but to cut costs (lay off staff) and realise assets (sell players). Exactly what we all want to avoid.

Although not necessarily likely, it seems to me that the best outcome would be for a viable takeover to be agreed in principle as soon as possible meaning the administrator could avoid selling assets but sell the club as a going concern.

Emma Thompson Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

What’s that supposed to mean? I thought we were having a reasonable conversation.

You stated the obvious. I don't think my gif was unreasonable.

But, if you want more on dragging out ...

The more it 'drags out', the more tap-dancing Mel/the Club/any future buyer can do which could save us from the unthinkable. It's all about manoeuvring now. If Bill Gates called Mel right now with his cheque book out, some pause would be needed.

The fill the ground for the Reading game is us manoeuvring - we are hoping we can do our small part to make the club tasty to a rich potential buyer ('grand old club', fanatical fans etc etc) and make the EFL feel awkward with a massive attendance.

There are a few on here who seem to think the sudden-end-good-clean-death option of administration will be best ...... Going to some halcyon tour of characterful League 1 grounds, chuffing on gravy and chips and intimidating the home fans, before victoriously returning to the Championship and our eventual rise to Prem glory.

I can't see that.

I just see sudden death.

Once the vultures descend I think we will be shredded. 

creepy grim reaper GIF

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

What have we got that we could sell the club as a going concern,no ground,no training facilities to call our own,a number of players out of contract in the summer who,if they choose,can sign pre-contract agreements with other clubs in January or maybe even leave in January at a bargain price.

27 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

What have we got that we could sell the club as a going concern,no ground,no training facilities to call our own,a number of players out of contract in the summer who,if they choose,can sign pre-contract agreements with other clubs in January or maybe even leave in January at a bargain price.

Does that mean you don’t think we’ll find a buyer? ?

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

You stated the obvious. I don't think my gif was unreasonable.

But, if you want more on dragging out ...

The more it 'drags out', the more tap-dancing Mel/the Club/any future buyer can do which could save us from the unthinkable. It's all about manoeuvring now. If Bill Gates called Mel right now with his cheque book out, some pause would be needed.

The fill the ground for the Reading game is us manoeuvring - we are hoping we can do our small part to make the club tasty to a rich potential buyer ('grand old club', fanatical fans etc etc) and make the EFL feel awkward with a massive attendance.

There are a few on here who seem to think the sudden-end-good-clean-death option of administration will be best ...... Going to some halcyon tour of characterful League 1 grounds, chuffing on gravy and chips and intimidating the home fans, before victoriously returning to the Championship and our eventual rise to Prem glory.

I can't see that.

I just see sudden death.

Once the vultures descend I think we will be shredded. 

creepy grim reaper GIF

Ah I see what you mean and we’re talking cross purposes. My faint hope for a resolution as soon as possible was a buyer not the conclusion of administration. 

I’m not sure how much scope the club/Mel have tap-dancing around now a request has been made to appoint an administrator. 

If we were hoping to delay the appointment of an administrator, surely that ship has sailed now and our best hope to avoid a fire sale and the vultures descending is to find a new buyer ASAP rather than drag it out. 

Edited by Tamworthram

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Does that mean you don’t think we’ll find a buyer? ?

I have as much idea whether we will or not as anyone,that could depend on a number of factors,what else, if anything, the administrators turn up,i doubt we on this forum can actually say how much debt the club is really in but as things stand and i hate saying this but this is just how i am seeing things,the club with all the debt and no ground of it's own doesn't seem an appetising proposition for any new buyers.

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I have as much idea whether we will or not as anyone,that could depend on a number of factors,what else, if anything, the administrators turn up,i doubt we on this forum can actually say how much debt the club is really in but as things stand and i hate saying this but this is just how i am seeing things,the club with all the debt and no ground of it's own doesn't seem an appetising proposition for any new buyers.

True, Mel needs to pay the debt and he won’t and it doesn’t look good for us. Who will pay millions and millions to clear the debt ? Especially for a league 1 club. These are surely the darkest days for Derby County. I just hope there is a Derby County by next year 

56 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Still waiting to see what the trigger for administration was.

Mel said a takeover collapsed last week. OK. So that's just a Mel doesn't want to pay any more situation.

Is there anything else to come out about the trigger for administration.

If it was a collapsed takeover should we be a better buy now? Not convinced there's been any real talk yet, just more fakey shakeys

On 19/09/2021 at 20:11, Tamworthram said:

As with most polls, surely it’s not as simple as selecting one of the four options for question 1.

Can I select a combination of all four (except I don’t think he’s mean an vindictive)?

I’ve changed my mind and it’s 100% number 4, specifically Covid. All we have to is convince the EFL that Covid was the only reason then we can appeal the points deduction under force majeure. Should be simple ?

4 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

True, Mel needs to pay the debt and he won’t and it doesn’t look good for us. Who will pay millions and millions to clear the debt ? Especially for a league 1 club. These are surely the darkest days for Derby County. I just hope there is a Derby County by next year 

It would be a sad legacy for Mel if his gamble was the final nail in Derby's coffin.