Mel put us in Administration because......

IslandExile

Mel put us in Administration because......  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are all gutted that the club is to be put into Administration. We face so many points deductions, we do not know which division we will be in the season after next let alone next (depending on when the penalties are applied).

Unless a buyer does come in once we are in Administration, which Mel claims is his hope/plan, then we're in even more trouble. Asset stripping, further points deductions, heaven knows where we will end up.

It's clear the vocal majority are irate at Mel. Even those of us who have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt in the past are annoyed that the poor management of the club has led to this dire situation.

Even so, I think we are where we are because of incompetence not vindictiveness. 

A poll allows the less vocal to express their view. Of course, I may have missed the real reason behind Mel's actions but I am sure posters will correct me.

Similarly, who knows what will happen next? There's a poll with a few options but the list is far from exhaustive simply because - to be frank - I do not have a clue what could happen. So, again, feel free not to bother voting but just add a comment with your own prediction.

Into administration is a mixture of 2 and 3.

How will administration go? Oh I think it'll run and run - we'll probably get at least one "string along then dissapear" ownership bid aling the way (just of poops and giggles) and an awful lot of "complexities" making things not happen as fast or as positivily as we'd all like.

Still optimistic a new ownership will take us on in the end though.

He’s messed up on a monumental scale. Covid was the nail in the coffin he’d already made on the advice of others that he was too vain or foolish to question.

it’s going to go on for 3 years or more to know where we stand even if we manage to survive. 
The EFL are not a worthy representative organisation 

The rules and regs as they are currently constructed are full of flaws and loopholes. They are policed unevenly and in a way the encourages self interest rather than equitable solutions

Mel’s windfall when involved in world changing industries like cyber dating  and mobile gaming convinced him he was a skilled entrepreneur rather than a bit of a chancer with an eye to an opportunity. 

The optimistic side of me believes that Mel knew the longer he stayed at the club the longer the EFL would drag their heels and the American consortium would dissappear.

I have hope that by Mel placing us in Admin its a bit of a Duck You to the EFL. Rather than the EFL now dealing with Mel, they have to deal with administrators, who I would guess could force things along a bit quicker.

Again, I HOPE, the Americans can now pick us up a little bit cheaper, we take the points deductions and try to move on one step at a time.

The positive if administration now is that there is almost no room to asset strip. 

Until January that is.

I think someone will come in with a business plan before then. 

Of course that business plan may involve selling some players to pay down the debts.

But... We ought to get a better price than we would be in administration.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

The positive if administration now is that there is almost no room to asset strip. 

Until January that is.

I think someone will come in with a business plan before then. 

Of course that business plan may involve selling some players to pay down the debts.

But... We ought to get a better price than we would be in administration.

Yes, we'll still likely get done over hard during the trasnfer window, but if we're not in administration we might at least get some lube.

I think we went into admin as a combination of 1, 2 and 4, plus the other factor of Mel's ill health. But I voted 4 as I think those factors are what pushed us over the edge.

For the second question I think it's a case of 1 and 3. I voted 1, that someone will buy us quickly, but I also think the EFL won't let it lie as they won't want us to be able to rebuild quickly, so they will ensure it continues to drag on as long as they can.

My mind changes all the time but I wonder tonight if MSD will buy us to take control of the situation and protect their investments, before repackaging the club as a more attractive proposition to sell on to another party.

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think we went into admin as a combination of 1, 2 and 4, plus the other factor of Mel's ill health. But I voted 4 as I think those factors are what pushed us over the edge.

For the second question I think it's a case of 1 and 3. I voted 1, that someone will buy us quickly, but I also think the EFL won't let it lie as they won't want us to be able to rebuild quickly, so they will ensure it continues to drag on as long as they can.

My mind changes all the time but I wonder tonight if MSD will buy us to take control of the situation and protect their investments, before repackaging the club as a more attractive proposition to sell on to another party.

Thinking about the MSD situation, there's something not quite right.

We know that MSD had, on Friday and probably still have, a charge against all of Mel's footballing holdings. Mel has claimed that the stadium isn't going into administration and intimated that he will retain control.

So Mel has either settled the charge, which I think must mean he would have paid the loan back. I think it's hugely unlikely that Mel has suddenly stumped up £20m or so. Or he's going to cover the ongoing loan repayments. The problem here, is that MSD would have little reason to get involved. 

Part A I chose option 3. Although I feel mean and vindictive is too harsh, I do believe this was a vanity project. When things were going well you couldn't keep him out of the limelight but now its gone tits up he has pretty much been nowhere to be seen.

Part B I chose option 1, more in hope than anything else.