Experienced manager

Gringo

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Where is the evidence that no-one would touch the Derby job at the moment and Rooney is the best man for the job?

They are both assumptions which can’t be tested while the job is unavailable.

By the same token, I could say if Rooney left tomorrow, there would be tens of managers lining up to take on the challenge of reviving a club like ours.

Managers will always be judged come what may, and you can only take it as it comes. The circumstances will never be optimal, so why wait to judge Rooney?

Rooney has been given a more than fair chance if you consider he’s not even officially qualified to do the job.

Backing the manager is fine, but we came within a whisker of relegation whilst playing uninspiring football and we have won three league games since the spring.

You can’t be surprised that some fans will still have reservations over the manager, surely? This is modern football and managers are scrutinised more fiercely than ever.

If Rooney were to walk out tmoro you name me a manager of any promise or experiance that would apply for a job with a capacity of 23 players,including academy,no money,£4.5k max wages and possible points deduction. Ill wait. When has Rooney been allowed to spend money? Most hes done is 5 loans at the end of January. Not a penny spent. Id like to see him have spending power like Lampard and Cocu before judging him. Lampard wasted millions and Cocu left us 6 points adirft at the bottom with a side heading to League 1 100%!!

39 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Where is the evidence that no-one would touch the Derby job at the moment and Rooney is the best man for the job?

They are both assumptions which can’t be tested while the job is unavailable.

By the same token, I could say if Rooney left tomorrow, there would be tens of managers lining up to take on the challenge of reviving a club like ours.

Managers will always be judged come what may, and you can only take it as it comes. The circumstances will never be optimal, so why wait to judge Rooney?

Rooney has been given a more than fair chance if you consider he’s not even officially qualified to do the job.

Backing the manager is fine, but we came within a whisker of relegation whilst playing uninspiring football and we have won three league games since the spring.

You can’t be surprised that some fans will still have reservations over the manager, surely? This is modern football and managers are scrutinised more fiercely than ever.

Yep

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Honestly, nothing personal meant by this Jourdan but when you write about Derby you really depress me!

I am sorry you feel that way. But I think it’s an unhelpful comment to make. 

We are all just sharing our opinions, different as they may be. People like myself are just saying it as they see it.

I could understand you if this was 2014 and I was pouring cold water over McClaren’s team.

But look at how the club has been run and look at how the team has been managed in recent years. Can you blame people for struggling to find the positives?

So 

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What a ridiculous statement ? We won’t know until the job became available ?

Why is it ridiculous? If you think they would be queing up for the Derby job you should have a few names that YOU think would take it? Or you just blowing hot air for the sake of it cos you dont like Rooney? think its the latter.

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

So 

Why is it ridiculous? If you think they would be queing up for the Derby job you should have a few names that YOU think would take it? Or you just blowing hot air for the sake of it cos you dont like Rooney? think its the latter.

It’s very convenient to say nobody else would want the job. Who knows who would apply but my guess is there would be 30 plus applications, most of whom would be more qualified and experienced than Wazza. However, it ain’t happening anytime soon so let’s hope he learns from his mistakes and we can put some points on the board in the meantime. 

20 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

If Rooney were to walk out tmoro you name me a manager of any promise or experiance that would apply for a job with a capacity of 23 players,including academy,no money,£4.5k max wages and possible points deduction. Ill wait. When has Rooney been allowed to spend money? Most hes done is 5 loans at the end of January. Not a penny spent. Id like to see him have spending power like Lampard and Cocu before judging him. Lampard wasted millions and Cocu left us 6 points adirft at the bottom with a side heading to League 1 100%!!

Ian Evatt? Took Barrow & a penniless Bolton to promotion, now has Bolton unbeaten in 7th place in L1 and plays great football. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

It’s very convenient to say nobody else would want the job. Who knows who would apply but my guess is there would be 30 plus applications, most of whom would be more qualified and experienced than Wazza. However, it ain’t happening anytime soon so let’s hope he learns from his mistakes and we can put some points on the board in the meantime. 

Nicely bottled. ?

1 hour ago, DazzaRam said:

It is not hard to imagine there being managers in the Championship and League 1 who would see the appeal in such a job despite the challenges.

Do you think the likes of Nathan Jones, Mark Robins, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Ryan Lowe, Ian Evatt, Michael Appleton and Gareth Ainsworth would wave away advances from a bigger club?

Then you have experienced Championship managers out of work - Neil, Monk, Karanka, Cooper and Wilder - who may be sold by the upside of turning the club around and taking on such a challenge. All have more pedigree than Rooney at the very least.

Sunderland and Ipswich, who have been in League One for a number of years, can still attract managers with good reputations.

Clubs in the Championship like Birmingham, who have had their own share of financial difficulties and mismanagement, can still attract managers with good pedigree too.

So why wouldn’t we be able to if the job became available?

Edited by Jourdan

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It is not hard to imagine there being managers in the Championship and League 1 who would see the appeal in such a job despite the challenges.

Do you think the likes of Nathan Jones, Mark Robins, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Ryan Lowe, Ian Evatt, Michael Appleton and Gareth Ainsworth would wave away advances from a bigger club?

Then you have experienced Championship managers out of work - Neil, Monk and Karanka, Cooper and Wilder - who may be sold by the upside of turning the club around and taking on such a challenge. -“”All have more pedigree than Rooney at the very least.

Sunderland and Ipswich, who have been in League One for a number of years, can still attract managers with good reputations.

Clubs in the Championship like Birmingham, who have had their own share of financial difficulties and mismanagement, can still attract managers with good pedigree too.

So why wouldn’t we be able to if the job became available?

Whats the weather like on your planet? 

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

Whats the weather like on your planet? 

It is also worth mentioning Rooney is reported to be one of the highest paid managers in the Championship.

If you think there aren’t capable managers out there who would jump at the chance of managing this club even in its current state, fair enough.

Let’s hope Rooney is a roaring success, so we don’t have to find out.

5 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It is also worth mentioning Rooney is reported to be one of the highest paid managers in the Championship.

If you think there aren’t capable managers out there who would jump at the chance of managing this club even in its current state, fair enough.

Rooney has had the worst deal of any Derby manager i can remember. For him in this situation to get players like Jagielka and Morrison to play for £4.5k is an achievement in itself. Like ive said...id like Rooney to be given just 50% of the backing Lampard and Cocu got. Then and only then is it a time to start judging him. At the minute he is Firefighting every day. Even tomorrow night hes got hardly any room trying to protect the side for Saturday. Its horrendous. 

12 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

You'd just get another manager to point out their failings to us all, though. Stick with the same one and keep recycling the failings!

Edited by RoyMac5
Jimbo Ram can't understand.