Rams That Scored on Their Debut

JfR

20 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Decent performance in a 2-2 draw. Remember it well. Funnily enough I don’t remember anything else about that season. How did it OK? I presume all was well. 

I literally flew off a few days later to travel the world for 18 months. That was the only game I saw for 18 months.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I literally flew off a few days later to travel the world for 18 months. That was the only game I saw for 18 months.

I'd forgotten that was the only game I'd attended that season as well when I was over on holiday. was fortunate to be living the other side of the world so was able to completely switch off from the entire season. My only other memory of watching a game that season was waking up in the middle of the night to watch the Newcastle home game.

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Colin Chesters vs Arsenal, 1978? Who can ever forget his celebration? 

Charlie George (if you disregard the Charity Shield). 

Also, possibly, Steve Hayward, again vs Arsenal, 1990. Cracking goal, can't remember if it was his debut though. 

58 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Colin Chesters vs Arsenal, 1978? Who can ever forget his celebration? 

Charlie George (if you disregard the Charity Shield). 

Not Colin Chesters - it was his eighth appearance..

10 hours ago, baiano27 said:

I'd forgotten that was the only game I'd attended that season as well when I was over on holiday. was fortunate to be living the other side of the world so was able to completely switch off from the entire season. My only other memory of watching a game that season was waking up in the middle of the night to watch the Newcastle home game.

So it was all your fault then - you needed to watch more games ?

16 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Wanchope 

Did Wanchope not come on at the bbg against Southampton before Man Utd ? Or was it after? 
   Remember his Utd goal well, I’d told my Utd mate he was going to beat six men take it around schmicheal and score and he did, funnily enough he went out that night to avoid me ???

10 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Did Wanchope not come on at the bbg against Southampton before Man Utd ? Or was it after? 
   Remember his Utd goal well, I’d told my Utd mate he was going to beat six men take it around schmicheal and score and he did, funnily enough he went out that night to avoid me ???

Got this from google.

Listen back to BBC Radio Derby's Graham Richards' commentary of Paulo Wanchope's wonder goal against the Red Devils.

In our first edition of ‘Commentary Classic’, we take a trip down memory lane and look back at Paulo Wanchope’s unforgettable debut for the club, which included a wonder goal against Premier League giants Manchester United.
Wanchope, who joined the Rams from CS Herediano with fellow Costa Rican Mauricio Solis in March 1997 for £600,000, beat four players before slotting past Peter Schmeichel during the 3-2 victory at Old Trafford.

Bit tenuous I know but I was reminded by a pal recently of a season in the MRA when I scored two bona fide rocket headers from outside the box.

Being as we are on the subject of goals, I can't ever remember seeing in the professional game, a header being scored from outside the box. Especially with the GK still in his goal anyway. Anyone recall any?