Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am referring to the graphs previously which doesn't stack up with your maths. 

Unless the x axis is weeks and not games. I've interpreted it as games which means my original statement is still true. 

I didn't do the graph so I can't comment on why it doesn't appear to stack up but the undeniable facts are we have picked up more points than Hull over the last six games. They have picked up more points since the 22nd January but they have also played an extra game in that time.

Your original statement is not true. Whether you have misinterpreted the graph or it's incorrect I don't know. 

Edited by Tamworthram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I didn't do the graph so I can't comment on why it doesn't appear to stack up but the undeniable facts are we have picked up more points than Hull over the last six games. They have picked up more points since the 22nd January but they have also played an extra game in that time.

Your original statement is not true whether you have misinterpreted the graph or it's incorrect I don't know. 

The graph has no labels on the axes so unless the OP clarifies what he's measuring then my original statement must be true.

How can you misinterpret a graph that has no metrics on its axes that's the whole point of labelling axes to avoid misinterpretations. 

If you're maths is at variance to the graph then that's another matter. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Both Reading & Peterborough will be hoping for a new manager bounce, if they can do a Hull & win a few games back to back could be enough to pull away to safety

When the new owner came in at Hull he said he had not given up on the playoffs. They were 15 points off, now they are sixteen points off.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The graph has no labels on the axes so unless the OP clarifies what he's measuring then my original statement must be true.

How can you misinterpret a graph that has no measurements on its axes that's the whole point of labelling axes to avoid misinterpretations. 

Ignore the graph for a moment, check the respective results for Derby and Hull over the last 6 games, and tell me again your statement must be correct. It doesn't matter what the graph says or appears to say, Hull have NOT picked up more points than us over the last 6 games.

PPG over the last 6 games is: Derby 1.1666. Hull 0.8333

Edited by Tamworthram

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Ignore the graph for a moment, check the respective results for Derby and Hull over the last 6 games, and tell me again your statement must be correct.

If you refer to my original post I always said that I was referring to the graph. So either that must be wrong or your calcs or both. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

If you refer to my original post I always said that I was referring to the graph. So either that must be wrong or your calcs or both. 

I'm not sure why you're being defensive when all I did was highlight an error in your statement.

Also, as far as I can see you didn't actually say you were referring to the graph:

Quote: "Hull and Cardiff have basically both out stripped our PPG return over the last 6 games and pulled away from us"

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Somethings wrong then....on the graphs earlier after ten games we had 14 points whilst Hull had 23 (9 points difference) then after 16 games we've got 21 points and Hull have got 34 points (difference now 13 points instead of 9?)

I've based my statement on the above 

@Tamworthram says here that I based my comment on data from the graphs which was over an hour ago but for some reason you've chosen to overlook or ignore that so you can hopefully sense my frustration....

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

@Tamworthram says here that I based my comment on data from the graphs which was over an hour ago but for some reason you've chosen to overlook or ignore that so you can hopefully sense my frustration....

I don't think I said that you had based your comments on the data from the graph and I don't really understand the relevance of how long ago you made you comment. I'm also not sure what I have chosen to ignore.

I didn't intend any offence, I was just pointing out that your statement that Cardiff and Hull had out stripped our PPG over the last 6 games was incorrect. I hope you can appreciate my frustration that you continue to refer to the graph rather than accept the facts.

16 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not sure why you're being defensive when all I did was highlight an error in your statement.

Also, as far as I can see you didn't actually say you were referring to the graph:

Quote: "Hull and Cardiff have basically both out stripped our PPG return over the last 6 games and pulled away from us"

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't think I said that you had based your comments on the data from the graph and I don't really understand the relevance of how long ago you made you comment. I'm also not sure what I have chosen to ignore.

I didn't intend any offence, I was just pointing out that your statement that Cardiff and Hull had out stripped our PPG over the last 6 games was incorrect. I hope you can appreciate my frustration that you continue to refer to the graph rather than accept the facts.

Am not sure if you're trying to be obtuse or not but you're conflating two issues - if the data in the graph is incorrect then please say so as that's the information I was always referring to from the offset which I made quite clear in my statement I've just quoted.

You haven't caused offence am not sure how you can say a statement is incorrect if its referring to information which has been provided incorrectly.

Unless you state that the information in the graph is indeed wrong then we'll just be going round in circles. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Even a lead of 3 points at that time would be an unassailable one at that point in time.

Our goal difference will definitely be better at the end, if we’re close to them. Their last game is Luton, who may be after a top 6 place. So a 3 point lead is assailable on the last day of the season. 

on one view we’ll know soon how this is likely to play out. If the Ince experiment works, we’re going to struggle. If it doesn’t, it could be very interesting 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Am not sure if you're trying to be obtuse or not but you're conflating two issues - if the data in the graph is incorrect then please say so as that's the information I was always referring to from the offset which I made quite clear in my statement I've just quoted from the offset. 

You haven't caused offence am not sure how you can say a statement is incorrect if its referring to information which has been provided incorrectly.

Unless you state that the information in the graph is indeed wrong then we'll just be going round in circles. 

I don't really care about the graph. I didn't create it and I was only correctly your statement. 

Are you convinced that your original statement is correct ? "Hull and Cardiff have basically both out stripped our PPG return over the last 6 games and pulled away from us". If the answer is yes then we are indeed going around in circles.

But OK, you win, all the published results for the last six games are incorrect and Hull have picked up more PPG than us if you say so. You'd better let the EFL know as they'll either need to take

41 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How can you misinterpret a graph that has no metrics on its axes that's the whole point of labelling axes to avoid misinterpretations. 

Guys, guys, guys. I’m sure there’s a Excel thread in the Jim Smith room where we can all discuss formulae and graphs in there until the cows come home. And if there isn’t, there should be. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't really care about the graph. I didn't create it and I was only correctly your statement. 

Are you convinced that your original statement is correct ? "Hull and Cardiff have basically both out stripped our PPG return over the last 6 games and pulled away from us". If the answer is yes then we are indeed going around in circles.

But OK, you win, all the published results for the last six games are incorrect and Hull have picked up more PPG than us if you say so. You'd better let the EFL know as they'll either need to take

I don't care about the graph either but I made it clear from the offset that I was referring to it. Am not going to quote that again as I've just done that a few minutes ago. 

If its wrong then argue that with the poster who published it not me. I made the mistake of not checking its validity. But again take the person who published it to task not myself. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't care about the graph either but I made it clear from the offset that I was referring to it. Am not going to quote that again as I've just done that a few minutes ago. 

If its wrong then argue that with the poster who published it not me. I made the mistake of not checking its validity. But again take the person who published it to task not myself. 

OK and I think we're all getting tired of this debate.

I don't have an issue with anyone. I was just correcting an incorrect statement suggesting we had lost ground on Hull over the last 6 games. Whether the graph is wrong or misleading is a little irrelevant. 

Perhaps it's time we both returned to common ground - our hatred of the EFL and owners of Wycombe and Middlesbrough